Classic Maps put into Map-Pack for Black Ops.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two main reasons i would like the classic maps to be released full scale as dlc.

1) so that I dont have to change discs if i want to go from playing new maps to the ones from waw

2) so that my friends that i play black ops zombies with, that didnt get into zombs until black ops and dont have waw, can play them and we can take some good runs at the old maps since we have good communication and chemistry as a team (i know, sounds super gay :roll: lol)

but yeah i really would like these, and I think it would really increase the replay value of black ops especially for me and my crew lol

No,mine is called Escalation.But now that I've poked around I have seen that it was going to be called Retaliation.

Also,more closer to the topic.I believe that Activision will release a press conference or an announcement at PAX about having the classic maps as a DLC.

(WARNING:I've never been to PAX,haven't heard of it much,so I don't know if it has passed or not.)

yeh is still called retaliation on mine, perhaps because i had it day 1 . . .

i wish the cmp would be released, but when i was moaning to activision support, i mentioned how i'd like to see cmp released so i could play my friends and they said they WILL NOT be released as they were exclusive to hardened and prestige, although that was a long time ago. but technilccally, were they to release the maps, they would have to refund any one that requests one, due to trade description act.

so sorry, this is the final nail in this coffin, the cmp will not be released as a download, imho.

This makes me feel sad for the Wii. They don't get any of the Black Ops DLC, and possibly never will get them!

Back on-topic, I think that releasing the revamped W@W maps as DLC would be very beneficial for both the community and Activision's over-flowed wallet, because a big number of Zombie fans came from BO(Like me), and most of them have never experienced the old maps(Also like me).

Eff that answer.Activision would never pass up a cash-cow opprotunity like this,unless they decided to be lazy as hell and not sell the revamped maps they already made with Treyarch.Honestly,put the revamped BO-edition maps into a bundle and sell for 15-20 bucks.How freaking hard is that?

OK, I HAVE A SOLUTION!! ;)

here is a way, although it is an outside shot, that i can see the cmp being released.

so, the cmp were sold as an "exclusive" add on for hardened and prestige owners. So if the man (3arc, activision, xbox, or whatever) were to offer those of us that have these extras some other exclusive maps, or the next map pack free, perhaps the new exclusive could replace the old exclusive, and then the cmp could be made available to the masses, and the current owners still have their exclusive, or extra deal?

sound plausible? :?:

(when is it appropiate to use the :mrgreen: smiley?)

i'm very sorry if this offends ANYONE. ok ive seen posts like this over and over again on multiple different websites there where even posts like this the day black ops came out, so its time to face the hard truth. if you didn't get the hardened or prestige edition of black ops YOU WILL NEVER GET THE MAPS WITHOUT SOMEONE GAMESHARING. i was smart because i PREORDERED THE HARDENED EDITION. so if you didn't get the hardened edition or prestige it's time to stop whining and suck it up.

well at least ps3 and 360 got it PC and Wii didnt Wii didnt get five or any of the Dlcs cause nintendo is dumb they just now allowed backdoor updates on there games in december cause treyarch tolled them they need to add some stuff and players were gettin angry and threatend to sue cause they were promised dlcs rant over :shock:

i did buy the prestige edition i would find it unfair if people dident buy it its there fault i busted my ass off for 3 weeks mowing lawns and pulling weeds with my bare hands. :x

What about the people that did bust there asses as well but couldn't come up with the money? I get that it's limited, but like me; I seriously did not have the money at the time, but do now. One way to look at it is, you still have a unique case, medal, etc; you paid for your maps then, everyone else would pay for them now :P

i did buy the prestige edition i would find it unfair if people dident buy it its there fault i busted my ass off for 3 weeks mowing lawns and pulling weeds with my bare hands. :x

What about the people that did bust there asses as well but couldn't come up with the money? I get that it's limited, but like me; I seriously did not have the money at the time, but do now. One way to look at it is, you still have a unique case, medal, etc; you paid for your maps then, everyone else would pay for them now :P

But it's still not fair. That would mean LEGALLY Treyarch would have to make 4 new zombie maps, exclusively for download for owners of the original classic maps. And then people would complain then.

But it's still not fair. That would mean LEGALLY Treyarch would have to make 4 new zombie maps, exclusively for download for owners of the original classic maps. And then people would complain then.

Why would they have to legally release 4 new maps? Nobody signed a contract when they bought the game saying those maps are exclusive to pre-orders only lol

one way i could see a possible release of the classic maps, without treading on the "exclusive" would be as follows.

if they released each map individually at say, 800msp for nacht, 1000msp for verruckt, 1200msp for shi no numa and 1500msp for der riese then the hardened/prestige owners would still have their "exclusive pap pack" :?:

also,that way only someone that really wants them will actually get them.

Why would they have to legally release 4 new maps? Nobody signed a contract when they bought the game saying those maps are exclusive to pre-orders only lol

that's just a bit silly. you don't have to sign a contract when buying a new product, the contracts are already in place. if i buy a box with "cornflakes" on the box, i'm entitled to expext cornflakes in the box. likewise if i buy a box with "exclusive" on the box i am entitled to expect an exclusive in the box. . . .

I think having the maps exclusively this whole time while no one else can buy them is a big enough exclusive for you guys. I mean couldn't Activision just tell you guys "Well you got a whole year of the exclusive content, that's what you paid extra for"

We all know that early content exclusivity is worth big money nowadays. Some could say that's what you paid extra for.

I remember JD_2010 of Treyarch Twittering that the classic maps would be released as DLC soon. The only problem is this was said not long after the game's release. So still holding onto hope that it will happen but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. I would gladly have paid the extra 20 or so bucks for the special edition for the maps - but since I'm a PC player, there is no hardened/prestige version for me to buy. Ah well, at least the map packs on the PC version of W@W are free so that'll do me for now...

I think having the maps exclusively this whole time while no one else can buy them is a big enough exclusive for you guys. I mean couldn't Activision just tell you guys "Well you got a whole year of the exclusive content, that's what you paid extra for"

We all know that early content exclusivity is worth big money nowadays. Some could say that's what you paid extra for.

No it's not. (even though i wish it were, for you guys, and to have more players . . )

one way i could see a possible release of the classic maps, without treading on the "exclusive" would be as follows.

if they released each map individually at say, 800msp for nacht, 1000msp for verruckt, 1200msp for shi no numa and 1500msp for der riese then the hardened/prestige owners would still have their "exclusive pap pack" :?:

also,that way only someone that really wants them will actually get them.

that's just a bit silly. you don't have to sign a contract when buying a new product, the contracts are already in place. if i buy a box with "cornflakes" on the box, i'm entitled to expext cornflakes in the box. likewise if i buy a box with "exclusive" on the box i am entitled to expect an exclusive in the box. . . .

"Only available on TV". Some things aren't as they appear haha

After all, "If it doesn't say Kelloggs on the box, it isn't Kelloggs in the box".

Sorry. I had to say that. ;)

No it's not. (even though i wish it were, for you guys, and to have more players . . )

Yeah it obviously is. See 'Xbox 360 DLC Exclusivity Contract through 2012'... That involved a HUGE amount of money on M$'s part.