Classic Maps put into Map-Pack for Black Ops.

Many people, including myself, didn't get the Hardened or Prestige edition of Black Ops and those who did got codes for the classic maps revamped for Black Ops. I didn't have much money at the time but I was still able to get the normal version. I think it's unfair that only people with a ton of money can get that kind of version of a game. If any of you agree this is unfair please reply.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people, including myself, didn't get the Hardened or Prestige edition of Black Ops and those who did got codes for the classic maps revamped for Black Ops. I didn't have much money at the time but I was still able to get the normal version. I think it's unfair that only people with a ton of money can get that kind of version of a game. If any of you agree this is unfair please reply.

No. That would never happen, and it isnt going to. Suck it up, they arent even that good, theyre better for WaW.

I think it's unfair that the title of your post is mis leading...I thought you were gonna give information about how to get the W@W maps for BO without buying Prestige or Hardened. I do feel your pain though...I would love it if I didn't have to keep switching discs every time I wanted to play a W@W zombie map. The ONLY reason I pop in W@W is to play the zombie maps. Black Ops is in my PS3 most of the time so it would be nice if I could have all the maps in one...but I don't like the fact that the Browning M1919 and the MG aren't in the Black Ops versions....at least thats what I heard. Thats one of the reasons I'd rather play W@W because I'm not much of a fan of the BO guns.

I really want the maps, i want to play on the new, shinier, sharper WAW Maps, but like too many others, i could only just afford Black Ops itself (I had a 5 pound deposit from a month before, and payed the last £5 in coins and A few Points on my Gamestation card), let alone the Hardened or Prestige editions. I think it's unfair really, by no means am i a Commie, but the normal people need a good opportunity to buy the maps.

Maps to the people Comrades, MAPS TO THE PEOPLE!!!

but I don't like the fact that the Browning M1919 and the MG aren't in the Black Ops versions....at least thats what I heard.

That is correct, the only WAW guns in the BO version of the WAW zombie maps are the ones on the wall. The BO guns replaced the ones in the box.

It is officially the biggest crock of sh** ever that we won't be able to buy the old maps. the limited edition were just that, limited. the supply did not match the demand. as mentioned before, some people couldn't buy the expensive edition right off the bat, and that's a valid reason on its own.

As for me, I had NEVER played zombies before. i never played W@W once. I had no idea if I would like it or not. After buying and playing BO, it was by far my favorite feature. I decided I wanted to play the old maps and see what they were like too.

Well, in order to do that, I had to either buy one of the $200+ copies on ebay which probably had the codes sold in them already, or nothing. I considered buying a cheapo copy of W@W, but found out I would have to buy the freaking DLC, so the cost would be huge just to play an old game with old versions of the maps I wanted.

so effectively, there was NO WAY for me to get the maps, and that is still the case for no good reason.

I've heard countless people say "oh, it was exclusive, get over it!!! it'll never happen!!" well it probably won't happen. but it was exclusive for a long time. people who were lucky enough to get an early copy get to have their fun with it while others don't, and they can brag and feel superior I guess. However, it should be SOLD as DLC now. they had their exclusive time with the maps for months now. there's no reason not to. I got F'd over because I simply didn't know zombies ruled. others because it was sold out. others still because they couldn't afford it. why should all these groups be left out in the cold? it's stupid. it's officially the worst decision 3arc could make. they piss off a lot of people who want the maps and can't get them just to make a few A-holes feel elite for buying the fancy version with a shiny cover.

/rant over

I bought the Hardened Edition of the Game.

I imported it from the US to Germany, so i payed 95€ for it.

If i had bought the standartversion it would have cost 60€.

In the US the Hardened Editon was for 70 US$, ~so 55-60€.

So its cheap in the USA. Who didnt bought the hardened/prestige doesent need the maps.

Who needs the maps had bought the special edition instanly.

Next time just buy the best version !

I had the money to buy the hardened edition, as it wasn't that much more expensive than the regular version, but when I got to Gamestop all they had were regular and prestige. WTF do I need an RC car for? Not a damn thing. I feel like I simply got screwed, because I'm more than willing to give 3arc my money, and I figured they would come out on Playstation Network a couple months after, but still haven't. I also don't understand why people think they shouldn't release them. Come on guys, you've had 6 months of exclusivity, why can't everyone else get a crack at those maps?

Norbert, I can almost guarantee you wouldn't be saying that if you hadn't bought the Hardened edition, yeah?

Anyway, I pretty much agree with what everyone else is saying. You've all had your exclusive map time, can we have the map-pack now? I'm getting tired of playing Verruckt on my IPod.

I bought the Hardened Edition of the Game.

I imported it from the US to Germany, so i payed 95€ for it.

If i had bought the standartversion it would have cost 60€.

In the US the Hardened Editon was for 70 US$, ~so 55-60€.

So its cheap in the USA. Who didnt bought the hardened/prestige doesent need the maps.

Who needs the maps had bought the special edition instanly.

Next time just buy the best version !

Money and recession renders this argument invalid.

;)

If anything, Activision/Treyarch will more than likely put the classic maps up for DLC after all of the map packs are released. Or, they won't. You never know. I think it would be SMART for them to do so, because then we could just connect the dots after all the zombies maps are available on one game.

However, stating that it's "Unfair" of Treyarch to only leave the classic maps available to those who purchased the limited editions of Blops is a different story. What would be unfair would be if everyone else got to pay the 10 - 15 bucks for the maps that others paid the extra 20 for in the first place shortly there after.

In the US, the standard version of Blops was $60. Hardened was $80. (So about 15 bucks for zombies, and 5 for the fancy case and bonus avatar outfit)

...Who said that it'd be the same price? I'd say the price for the case would be about an extra $2.00, the avatar would be free (Or at least SHOULD be free), so the maps would be around $18.00. And just to prove that they like the people who buy the Hardened version more, they could boost the price up to $22.00 for people who didn't buy the Hardened version when they got the chance.

I had W@W and bought the map pack bundle a while back for about $25. I saw an interview with Treyarch and the interviewer actually asked if they were going to release the original zombie maps on Black Ops...they said only if Activision allows it. It's all red tape and paper work to Activision.

Anyway, if they were allowed by Activision to release the original maps as a DLC bundle pack, it would probably be in the range of $15...considering the map bundle for W@W was $25 and that had 3 zombie maps and about 10 multiplayer maps.

I like that idea... i need more ps3 users on this site to play der riese and NDU with me.. :( but at the same time... unfair? We payed extra for extra :)

But we (those of us that dont have them) WILL pay extra for them, if Treyarch allow us, so surely that makes it fair?

I think that the only reason Treyarch did this was because they couldn't think of anything to give away with the Hardened edition. With MW2, i got an Artwork book with my Hardened edition, but with BLops, what else did they have to give, just recycling old maps...

But Infinity Ward still sold their old maps for COD4 as DLC with MW2 didn't they, so why would Activision let them not do it, but not let Treyarch.

I think that the only reason Treyarch did this was because they couldn't think of anything to give away with the Hardened edition. With MW2, i got an Artwork book with my Hardened edition, but with BLops, what else did they have to give, just recycling old maps...

I doubt that. Remember how after SNN and Der Riese, zombies practically became the number one demand on the release of Blops? The classic maps weren't an excuse for special edition content, they were more of special gift for the success of the Zombie franchise involved with Treyarch and were also in demand. People wanted zombies back, so why not give them all of it if they are willing to pay the extra 20 bucks?

...Who said that it'd be the same price? I'd say the price for the case would be about an extra $2.00, the avatar would be free (Or at least SHOULD be free), so the maps would be around $18.00. And just to prove that they like the people who buy the Hardened version more, they could boost the price up to $22.00 for people who didn't buy the Hardened version when they got the chance.

Even though we all know Activision wouldn't have a problem with that, the community would. People STILL complain that map packs are overpriced. And yes, they are. So why on earth would people spend even more than 15 bucks for maps most of us already have on a separate game?

at least you guys even GOT a hardened/prestige edition, there is literally NO physical way for PC gamers to get these maps! Damn you Activision.

I was going to get it on PC but the hardened edition dragged me back to ps3 :| but with the upcoming map editor and hacks you can get them back :)

at least you guys even GOT a hardened/prestige edition, there is literally NO physical way for PC gamers to get these maps! Damn you Activision.

Thats shitty!

They did it for PC for every other CoD didn't they?

nope, we've never gotten a 'special' edition of CoD on any of them.... not even WaW

I was duped by a Gamestop employee to buy MS points on release day. He said they would be available on the marketplace in a few months. So, now being a few months later, I know they are not coming.

It was an EXCLUSIVE offer to just hardened and prestige editions. Should've known.