Grey Watch: Isolation

As my other Project is more or less a stand still I'm going to do this, based off a story I plan to write except that one will have an alien parasite. In this however a team of temporal experts are sent to contain a new outbreak in distant corners of Al Khali, anew 935 outpost. The four characters featured will be - Grey Short, Weste, Sharp (nickname) and Daniel Redbridge. Generally this is not related to the current sotryline but I think would be interesting addition and I love writing these kind of storys.

There was a silence, apart from Sharp taping away at buttons, trying open large door, door itself had the 935 logo, but it wouldn’t budge.

“So many possibilities....” whispered Sharp, she scanned it with her eye piece, a piece of technology she invented, which heightened her all round capabilities. It revealed all sorts of things about locations but this facility wasn’t giving up its secrets.

Grey Short and Daniel Redbridge, stood on guard, they had been briefed that this was a containment mission. They had no clue what exactly they were here to contain. Grey saw something, the sand was moving, no rising. As it stood his jaw dropped.

Daniel said what he couldn’t, “What the hell is that?”

Grey drew his T-Thompson, a temporally advanced weapon like most equipment carried by Grey Watch. “What ever they are, where dinner...”

Redbridge drew his magnum, “There going to being aching in the morning,” he fired three rounds directly into three undead as they rose. One’s head rolled off the shoulder, the others stumbled back and fell. Grey also unleashed a barrage of fire. He was killing, but more rose. Where had been one they were now fifty, maybe even hundred? As both fell back towards the door Grey shouted over the moans, “Get the door open Sharp!”

Oblivious to Grey’s demand, she muttered, “Patience Grey.”

Something clicked and the door opened. As Grey Short and his team scrambled into the outpost, Sharp set to work, closing the entry. The three were firing accurately, but killing one was not enough, they had to line up the shots otherwise they’d be overwhelmed. Blood, and flesh splattered the walls, and disgruntled screams shook them to their core. Eventually the doors began to close, crushing any zombie unfortunate to try and make it through. They were plunged into darkness. Carefully walking down the ramp, all four looked at the walls, etched in blood were the words ‘This is H.E.L.L’. As they stood in the circular room, with two options Grey sighed.

“I see no choice but to split into two groups. We are containing whatever the hell happened here. Be on your guard. I will go with Sharp, Weste and Redbridge head right, whatever we find, we destroy, understood?” said Grey looking at each of them. They all nodded although it was reluctant one.

As Grey and Sharp made their way down the left corridor, Sharp began her analysis of the words on the walls. Grey stopped her, and quickly stopped her from discharging her weapon. The creature seemed content. It ate like a starved animal, tearing through flesh and bone, eating everything. They bared no resemblance to the humans they once were, all signs of humanity had vanished. Their minds were empty apart from one single voice, their guiding light.

Grey lowered his gun and knelt down, he was intrigued. Sharp began scanning it, and looked down at Grey as he looked up, she whispered, “I’m detecting... large amounts of Element 115 in its body. Is that the cause?”

Grey nodded, it seemed a logical assumption.

The zombie stopped feeding, its head swung around to meet them, it unsteadily got up, its face covered skin, flesh, and oozing blood. Sharp drew her Tarr-21 Beam Rifle. The prototype as she called it. She fired it, splitting its head in too. They both continued down the corridor, towards the research area.

Redbridge and Weste found themselves looking into cells, formerly containing these vile abominations. They had passed a couple of holes in the wall, it explained how they ascended the surface. Weste kept watching behind them. They were being hunted. The undead were said to be mindless, these weren’t. The closed in wall didn’t help, and darkness ahead hid all manner of things. But they pushed on past the holding cells, many were empty, but some smelt of death, and decay. Weste was looking into each one, her mind broadly wondered how it felt to be an experiment. As she looked forward, Redbridge was gone. She smiled, and seeing stairs nearby made her way down. She was following the blood trail. She drew her own Thompson. The blood trail ended here. The corridor in front of her was unusually clean, but lights were off. As carefully moved forward she could hear them. She was sure they could hear and smell her. She stopped at a window, and looked in, a hand fell on the window, and zombie rose, it stared at her with cold dead eyes. Why did she feel so much pity? Its eyes were filled with anger, but buried inside was pain she would never understand.

Grey and Sharp entered a large room, in the centre was what Grey suspected to be a teleporter. He looked at it with awe, and Sharp turned only to find a horde had gathered from behind them.

“How the hell did we not hear them?”

Grey didn’t answer but he set to work forcing open a nearby door. Sharp opened fire, edging back as she did to avoid, the horde hitting her. They were rampant, like bulls, one charged, it was clearly signalling its intent. Unfortunately Sharp was capable of cutting it down, she then guessed either the entrance had been forced open or the undead above had begun digging down. She remarkably impressed by some of their intellect.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The teleporter suddenly activated, eletricity fizzling from its core. Grey faced Sharp and then approached the teleporter.

Sharp was still fighting off the horde, that continued to grow, with every kill. When suddenly something appeared, shaped very much like a atomic bomb. Sharp moved towards it, and suddenly the Horde dropped, flames licking their bodies, much to her amusal. This was soon followed by a demonic voice that sounded distinctively female 'Kaboom' Grey looked up, and shivered, "Just what have we stumbled upon.. Group 935... zombies... demons... what where the Germans up too in Al Khali."

Sharp shrugged, relieved that the Horde wasn't regathering for the moment. She stood by Grey's side, as he inspected the activated teleporter.

"I wonder who activated it?"

"And where it leads" finished Sharp.

Four figures emerged before them, appearing in shower of sparks

'Ooh soo this is vhere it leads."

"Alright, we should be - hold on who the hell are you two, friends of yours Richtofen?" asked the man who sounded American.

"Oh no, never met them in my life, Dempsey."

"I couldn't care less who they are! I'm getting sober."

"And... you russ..russ oh..." said the Japanese man.

"Takeo! have you been at my Vodka again? I said stay away from my Vodka for a reason."

"Zombies...."

"And you, of course, idiot"

"What?" said Takeo in his drunken state.

A puzzled Grey remained speechless.

(too be continued)