Treyarch killed off nazi zombies

idk about any of you but

the very first map pack had no story, no real depth. yet everyone loved it. why? because you shoot a relentless hoard of brain eating meatbags.

verrukt had no real story(until der riese i think) but had more zombie killing fun.

zombies soared because of these two maps.

whats to stop millions from buying this map? a missing story? you still get to kill zombies and you have a bunch more weapons too.

zombies isnt JUST ABOUT THE STORY. its about killing zombies with some bad ass characters and a story on the sideline. map pack 3 will be chalk full of story

but how bout this time you just sit back,relax, grab a gun and shoot some freakbags

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH i just think its a map for the zombie fans that arn't into the story line. I can see a pattern emerging aswell

Kino - Storyline

Five - No Storyline

Ascension - Storyline

Call of The Dead - No Storyline

??? - Storyline?

There was a storyline in Ascension? Treyarch fail... :facepalm:

Well, I guess there wasn't a storyline specific to the 935 group, but it had the original characters. And there was that easter egg.

I KNOW WHO ASKED FOR GEORGE ROMERO!!!! Treyarch did ;) I believe Zielinsky was like, "Fans want something fresh, eh? Let's hire the biggest and best Horror story writer the world has ever seen, and... PUT HIM IN THE MAP!!!! Let's see, a new cast should be there... Who are the four most bad-ass actors that have encountered a zombie before? Danny Trejo, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and Sarah Michelle Gellar? Sounds good to me. LET THERE BE BAD-ASS!" Honestly if you don't think this is gonna be fun, then you aren't a fan of Zombies. Not a true fan, anyways. You gotta stop being such an arrogant douche (No flaming intended, just making a point) and being like, "Hmmm... A new Perk, you say? NOPE DOESN'T FIT WITH THE STORY. DOES NOT APPROVE. STORY THIS STORY THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH WHO CARES ABOUT FUN I WANT STORY BLAH BLAH BLAH." If you really want story, go watch a movie ;) Some of Romero's work should do... :P But seriously let go, have some fun. The community shouldn't be all story-strict, they should be able to live a little ;) I honestly think that this map looks like it will be the best, as it certainly is the biggest. :)

Romero is a film director, yes hes a legend, hes the godfather of the dead (dont get anal about grandfather, you know who you are). he should stick to FILMS

ever wonder why Romero hasnt made a game before? because he is only great at making FILMS

Proof? il give you proof, George A Romero's City of the dead which was planned for PC, ps2 and Xbox, where the F is it now huh? if it was gonna be any good it wouldn't of been canceled would it?

anyway, the point is, Romero is a genius, his films are the best in the genre and id so Tap S.M.G aswell. and no one can fault Trejo and co either

but we have a problem when it comes to nazi zombies, we have done since W@W, that problem is retarded 10 year olds and people like thesyndicateproject and PTG (you know the window licker types)

kids are immature on zombies as it is and now if i ever get stuck as being S.M.G if i ever go down some ratty little kid is gonna start T-baggin me saying "You like that dont you bitch" "take it, love it, Buff it" Now im gonna STAKE you Buffy" and so on and so forth, and i know this will happen because its the first thing im going to do, and im only partly immature.

the above statement isnt a sexist remark btw, its just a fact of life when it comes to cod games.

as for the story, il still find a link to Group 935, Majestic 12 or Ascension group, i did it easily enough with FIVE and il do it again on this, FIVE has links, it has relevance to the story, it isnt a "Script map" at all, its very much intune with the Nazi Zombie Story Arc, you just cant see the big picture.

However Call Of The Dead is still gonna disappoint imho.

last thing that im gonna say on the matter tho as Alpha is right, shouldn't condemn before playing

but

look how many bitched about no DG-2, and Hell Hounds changing to Monkeys, the general community were up in arms literally, they dont want change, they want the same great winning formula. imagine how many will bitch in call of the dead

Map looks fun...

What does Dead Ops or Five have to do with the story?...

I think it's great a great idea to bring in these characters and this map as a novelty... It will still be the same game play -- just with a new twist and GIANT map... I think the story in Nazi Zombies is amazing.. don't get me wrong, but I enjoy the game play more than the plot when it comes down to it... When I started playing Zombies I wasnt intrigued by the story of Samantha.. my first thought was, "I get to shoot zombies endlessly?! AMAZING!!"

Treyarch is also touching into a huge community by releasing this, which in turn brings them more revenue and us more people to play with..

This idea looks fantastic... so don't knock it till you try it :P

, they dont want change, they want the same great winning formula. imagine how many will bitch in call of the dead

You see this is called Foreshadowing, we don't know what happen to the origional four yet, which is why this map makes it look like these guys are the new crew, but there not.

Treyarch still kept the Formula i have no idea how the Formula isn't there but we'll cross that bridge one-day.

Treyarch also made a smart move in not going further into the story right now because I believe as they said they were, were looking through forums many forums hopefully and with Diversion going on between the community it seem to me that Treyarch wanted to make a map where there ain't no diversion any-more. Call of the Dead is your Movie(SCRIPT) Map.

S.M.G= Zoey I have no further comments. Kids will be Kids.

IMHO: This will be good because I mean we haven't had a break from these Easter Eggs and what not, and with the community being more hostile with each other, Its nice too take a break and go around shooting it up for Fun.

IMHO(again): I think you just want to be done with the story line already.

IMHO3: FEAR 3 was made with the help of Horror gods, John Carpenter and Steve Niles, Call of the Dead did the same with George Romero, only he just created the Scripture of the map hence the SCRIPT MAP, and left gameplay and design to Treyarch.

Simple.

PuLsE out.

you need to realise that not every cod player knows that there is a story behind the zombies map. i didn't know there was one until a bit before ascension was announced. many people think all the zombie maps are just for fun which is a reason for this map and maybe to put in some hidden info on the transition of the main characters from ascension to the next map instead of throwing them straight into the next one. it also might tell us if anything else happened at ascension.

you need to realise that not every cod player knows that there is a story behind the zombies map. i didn't know there was one until a bit before ascension was announced. many people think all the zombie maps are just for fun which is a reason for this map and maybe to put in some hidden info on the transition of the main characters from ascension to the next map instead of throwing them straight into the next one. it also might tell us if anything else happened at ascension.

Yup... He's right -- a majority of the players out there know NOTHING about the radios or the story, just that there are zombies that you shoot... So treyarch is ruining nothing..

I KNOW WHO ASKED FOR GEORGE ROMERO!!!! Treyarch did ;) I believe Zielinsky was like, "Fans want something fresh, eh? Let's hire the biggest and best Horror story writer the world has ever seen, and... PUT HIM IN THE MAP!!!! Let's see, a new cast should be there... Who are the four most bad-ass actors that have encountered a zombie before? Danny Trejo, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and Sarah Michelle Gellar? Sounds good to me. LET THERE BE BAD-ASS!" Honestly if you don't think this is gonna be fun, then you aren't a fan of Zombies. Not a true fan, anyways. You gotta stop being such an arrogant douche (No flaming intended, just making a point) and being like, "Hmmm... A new Perk, you say? NOPE DOESN'T FIT WITH THE STORY. DOES NOT APPROVE. STORY THIS STORY THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH WHO CARES ABOUT FUN I WANT STORY BLAH BLAH BLAH." If you really want story, go watch a movie ;) Some of Romero's work should do... :P But seriously let go, have some fun. The community shouldn't be all story-strict, they should be able to live a little ;) I honestly think that this map looks like it will be the best, as it certainly is the biggest. :)

^THIS^ thank you dude. all that needs to be said. this map will be playable all the way up until DLC3, looks like i wont get tired with it after two weeks. black ops made zombies so boring, but now they may have hooked me back into playing EVERY single night. make that shit harder, fucking tired of running in circles and hoarding them all up for a million headshots.

also surprised to see nobody has pointed the new perk out. I REALLY HOPE DOUBLE TAP IS BACK. that shit made ascension worthless. juggernog and double tap ftw. i dont like to PAP

what's up everyone? This is my first post but I have lurked these boards for years ,also I have been an avid zombies fan from the beginning back on World at War. I think people are way overreacting about Call of the Dead this looks like it's going to be the best map yet! I mean really how can you go wrong with Danny Trejo, Robert Englund, and George F'ing Romero?! So lets just wait till the map comes out before we decide if its awesome or crappy.