Treyarch killed off nazi zombies

Ok apologies to al as I know we are all nazi zombie fans, but I think Treyarch have officially killed zombies with call of the dead going by the.new.trailer.

This is a rant but its a valid 1, they say they listen to the fans right? Which retard asked for george remero?

Ok we all know about buffy etc but the only thing I can see that treyarch actually listen too was the damn lighthouse!

What the heck has this got to do with nazi zombies? The whole reason nazi zombies is so good is because of the story, what did treyarch just abandon the story we are so engrossed in???

Or is it the fact Treyarch dont know where to take the story next? Hell theres enough threads out there that could write the story for the next 10 map packs, so wtf is this all about? No vet has ever asked for george remero or buffy, jeez treyarch.

The only thing I can think off is for the fact that the next map pack will be the final map pack ever (i mean forever)

This is a joke right? How is alphasnake supposed to come up with any theories with this rubbish, youd have to be stoned to think true zombie fans want something like this, didnt they learn there lesson with FIVE??

Tbh I could come out with more but im gonna leave it at that.

Treyarch, if it aint broke dont f**king fix it

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, a change like this was long overdue. This map will be a breath of fresh air in my opinion ;)

Dont get me wrong, its been expected I agree, but I was at least hoping treyarch had the sense to keep to.the story, its what madd it famous after all

Tbh I think treyarch are taking this piss out of zombie fans, thinking we will buy any old crap, how am I supposed to take a zombified GR seriously? Il just laugh evrrytime I see him thinking, damn you let your self go.

And the irony that he his the godfather of zombies isnt lost.on me either.

In my opinion, a change like this was long overdue. This map will be a breath of fresh air in my opinion ;)

Dont get me wrong, its been expected I agree, but I was at least hoping treyarch had the sense to keep to.the story, its what madd it famous after all

Tbh I think treyarch are taking this piss out of zombie fans, thinking we will buy any old crap, how am I supposed to take a zombified GR seriously? Il just laugh evrrytime I see him thinking, damn you let your self go.

And the irony that he his the godfather of zombies isnt lost.on me either.

The storyline didn't make it famous the gameplay did.

If you laugh at George Romero,that's a good thing,that's what it's there for

It's like a Michael Bay Movie not too much thinking involved but really fun to play.

George Romero Horror icon and he is know as "GrandFather Of Zombies".

This map is supposed to be a new experience one that floats away from the origional four. This map is to lighten up the whole community with something different.

I mean playing as the origional four is fun, but come on now give them a brake right now and insert these NEW cast in here besides do you actually think that this will map will pertain to the storyline. No.

In the cutscene though with George he explains he went through some Nazi document and then flash the 935 doors and what not.

This will be good for the community with all the Diversion that is happening if you know what i mean.

So Call of the Dead shall be EXTREAMLY good because its fresh!, Its a BIGGGG map, Shoot everything to get something, Kill George and you get Something or Follow him and get something.

Either way Kudos to you Treyarch you pulled another promising map!

First of all, I just created my account today but I have been on the forum since der rise. Anyway, back on topic, Treyarch made this map as a break from the story like the post above me said. I love the story line to zombies but it will be nice to have a map with guest characters for a change. This map isn't ment to be a serious map, it's just somthing fun and new to experience and by the looks of the trailer there will be a lot of new and interesting things, such as englud with the pitchfork and trejo's mechetes. Basically, the point im trying to make is they are not giving up on the story but simply

giving us something diffrent for a change and there is no point in trashing it if you haven't played it even if it is diffrent.

I don't think they killed anything. I for one know that not everyone plays to find out more about the story or see what has happened to the story, the gameplay is more important to at least half of the zombie playing community who don't even know about the story. New characters will be fun, there will be new quotes, new laughs, new voices, new escapes, and as seen in the trailer a whole lot of possible cutscenes throughout perhaps? All in all a whole new experience, just what the zombie community needed. I don't think zombies will end the next map pack, so many people buy the packs just for zombies me being one of those people. I think it's possible that zombies may even be in the next game! If not it's probable that they will be in the 2012 game. So this map pack is just what zombies needed, a new experience

I watched the trailer and i am thoroughly disgusted, it isn't the formula they've messed up, it's the overall theme. Four very random characters, and a film director as a boss? To me it seems that Treyarch was like "Where do we go from here... Ah **** it lets just get a bunch of actors and blow stuff up, they'll still buy it"

Rant over, sorry for wasting your time

I watched the trailer and i am thoroughly disgusted, it isn't the formula they've messed up, it's the overall theme. Four very random characters, and a film director as a boss? To me it seems that Treyarch was like "Where do we go from here... Ah **** it lets just get a bunch of actors and blow stuff up, they'll still buy it"

Rant over, sorry for wasting your time

thank you, glad im not the only 1, i mean i can see what all the other comments are saying, its a fresh perspective etc, but your right, it would probably have been cheaper for Treyarch to higher the licenses for say

Chris Redfield / Leon s Kennedy / Albert wesker (Resi evil)

Frank west / Chuck green (Dead Rising)

Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)

the crazy dude (from plants vs zombies)

house of the dead characters

1 of the characters from either Left for dead game

you get my point, these are just off the top of my head, would of been more iconic in terms of being from actual zombie games etc, but these characters, apart from the walking dead dude, none of them are really zombie type characters (buffy slays vampires after all)

so my main and only gripe really is why those chracters, im sure they could of got more apt characters to play for this map surely

Its A Script Map.

Script Map.

Does not pertain too story.

It said so many times but I guess they just aren't saying it loud enough.

SCRIPT MAP!

You think that Treyarch after setting up GKNOVA6 and other stuff in the TERMINAL would really,REALLY get rid of the Story line..

SCRIPT MAP!

I Call it this is because thats how i see it, you want to know why if you were paying attention to the cut seen in the Inside Xbox live trailer, when Romero was speaking and we see the 935 doors and stuff, you can tell just by the way he talks it is going to be something for movie purposes another one of Romeros zombie storys.

It doesn't pertain to the ORIGIONAL story, just one of George's zombie scriptures.

I will say it once more.

SCRIPT MAP.

Like it. Or Lup it.

PuLsE out.

At above.

Plants versus zombies?

SERISOUSLY? Dont get me wrong the game owns but thats kinda stupid. Isaac from dead space. The stroyline is existing in the 1900s idiot. Another thing, Why would he come down to earth anyway? Hes fine screwing necros in space.

Resident evil stuff. Well wow you still play that crap? Good luck bro.

Deadrising: Once again treyarch is keeping the game realilistic.

Dont rant because you dont have the characters like Nikolai.

The story will still continue in-game, This isnt like 5 it will have more depth.

This is a rant but its a valid 1, they say they listen to the fans right? Which retard asked for george remero?

Hahaha love that line!

But seriously who did asked for george remero? haha never heard anyone say that he wanted him in nazi zombies!

I think we need to wait for the actual DLC. because maybe there are some great easter eggs in it wich have something to do with the story line

so my main and only gripe really is why those chracters, im sure they could of got more apt characters to play for this map surely

Well there all from the an undead perspective.

Sarah Michelle Gellar:Vampires

Michael Rooker:Walking Dead=Zombies

Robert Englund:Was Freddy Krooger

And Danny Trejo just fits the part of BAD-ASS

Hey gang, i think it's a SCRIPT MAP! just a feeling...

Just kidding, it just feels too silly, like they're trying to attract the "MW2 generation" who are all into very little logic and big pointless explosions, the other black ops zombie maps still had the WaW feel, excluding five

I even heard that the song isn't sang by Elena, not too sure on that one though

Just kidding, it just feels too silly, like they're trying to attract the "MW2 generation" who are all into very little logic and big pointless explosions, the other black ops zombie maps still had the WaW feel, excluding five

XD

SCRIPT MAP! someone understands me!

PuLsE out.

If you're basing it off the song heard in the more recent movie-style trailer, that's probably NOT the song. Probably. I think it's just the one they used for THAT trailer.

If you even remember correctly, at the end of FIVE (SCRIPT MAP?), it had the same Game Over music as Kino, aka Abracadaver, the song from Ascension.

So even if the song in this one isn't an Elena Song, it may have the same Game Over music as Ascension, which will only make us want DLC 3 more.

Did I mention SCRIPT MAP btw? :lol:

ya but bottom line, Treyarch didn't kill anything. Like PULSE said, in the Inside Xbox trailer, Romero was digging through some Nazi Documents for his new WWII when stumbled upon the shit Group 935 did. So when he started basing his movie off those documents, the document related shit came to life.

It may not be a DIRECT story arch, but it will be related TO the story arch.

Is everything about the storyline? Zombies is about the fun gameplay, the hard work that Treyarch has put in just for us, and more importantly, all of the time you've spent with your friends & family playing this game. This new map pack is about the new experiences given to us gamers, this map pack is entirely different from all the others. If you play zombies just to figure out the storyline and not to give some memories of your life before your 30 and old, it's like sitting down to pee, not because you are a girl, but because you want to see if you can poo and pee at the same time. Just have fun with this new addition, it doesn't have to be originating from the storyline, not everything has to originate from something else; why if it did, where would Nazi Zombies originate from? There was no Zombies in World at World's campain or multiplayer. What part of World at War did it originate from Mister Poo and Pee at the same time? I'm not flaming or anything, just saying that you should have fun with your life, play zombies for the heck of it, hang with your friends, kiss a girl, do something.

Have fun with the new map pack everyone.

What the heck has this got to do with nazi zombies? The whole reason nazi zombies is so good is because of the story, what did treyarch just abandon the story we are so engrossed in???

Or is it the fact Treyarch dont know where to take the story next? Hell theres enough threads out there that could write the story for the next 10 map packs, so wtf is this all about? No vet has ever asked for george remero or buffy, jeez treyarch.

In my opion the giant easter egg in Ascension WAS the end to the Nazi Zombie story, as much as i hate to say it. Although no one person knows what we did to Sam when we opened the kaiser mechanism and shot the **** out of it, for all we know we could have killed her and thus the story is complete. The whole point of the story was to find the source of the element 115 and Dr. Maxis (Der Riese/Shi No Numa), and once we discovered that Sam was controlling the zombies the objective became to stop her (Kino/Ascension). Although PuLsE brings up a good point, there were people who liked Five (eventhough it was terrible), So this could be the end, or just a break....... Only time will tell

Is everything about the storyline? Zombies is about the fun gameplay, the hard work that Treyarch has put in just for us, and more importantly, all of the time you've spent with your friends & family playing this game. This new map pack is about the new experiences given to us gamers, this map pack is entirely different from all the others. If you play zombies just to figure out the storyline and not to give some memories of your life before your 30 and old, it's like sitting down to pee, not because you are a girl, but because you want to see if you can poo and pee at the same time. Just have fun with this new addition, it doesn't have to be originating from the storyline, not everything has to originate from something else; why if it did, where would Nazi Zombies originate from? There was no Zombies in World at World's campain or multiplayer. What part of World at War did it originate from Mister Poo and Pee at the same time? I'm not flaming or anything, just saying that you should have fun with your life, play zombies for the heck of it, hang with your friends, kiss a girl, do something.

Have fun with the new map pack everyone.

[brains] and :lol:

you took all the words right out of my mouth. i love when people say zombies is ALL about the story. thats ridiculous.

and idk why people are already so upset about ROMERO(learn how to spell his name before you diss him) being in the game. if it wasnt for him, we probably wouldnt even have nazi zombies. the guy pretty much invented it. he's a legend.

play the game for FUN like they are meant to be played. stop crying about everything all the time.

/rant.

Honestly, although i LOOOOVE the 4 original characters, having this is not to bad, as a matter of a fact, it looks alot more fun to play than Ascension. I love the idea of George Romero being in it, and we get new things like weapons and perks. Honestly i must say this will be possibly one of my most favorite maps. Its got DANNY FUCCKING TREJO! We got a female character, the other dude, AND ROBERT ENGLUND. Anyone who doesnt at least give this map a chance...Smh... I cant wait to play this map, looking foward to it...Who agrees?

TBH i just think its a map for the zombie fans that arn't into the story line. I can see a pattern emerging aswell

Kino - Storyline

Five - No Storyline

Ascension - Storyline

Call of The Dead - No Storyline

??? - Storyline?