I really don't know what to name this story

Pounding footsteps filled the corridor as a shadowy figure came dashing around the corner, followed by many others. The leading figure kept turning around, knocking things over in their path. In and out of a maze of corridors, the figure finally stopped at the end of the hallway. There was no escape in sight except for a window, but it was five story jump from where this chaos was going on. The guards stopped running and pointed their guns in the direction of the window, and only saw the silhouette which had caused ruckus after breaking into the record storage room which contained information on scientists, test subjects, and experiments.

"Put down the bag and kick it over, and no one will get hurt, do you understand me?" the guard pleaded, but this proved useless as the intruder cluched at their belt and tossed a stun grenade, causing the guards to scatter in several directions. In the wake of this madness, the intruder rushed towards the window and burst through.

Shards of glass crashed landed everywhere as guards looked out at the falling caper. They almost looked like a bird flying gracefully in the sky, except this was not a bird, and this would most likely not end gracefully. Or so the onlookers thought. Instead of ending tragically, the mysterious figure leaned in towards a nearby building, used it to kick off, and grabbed onto a pipe attached to the next building over, stopping them from falling any farther; they then slid down a gutter, landed on the rooftop underneath, and climbed down the fire escape, finally reaching a empty side street.

The street was bathed in moonlight, and as our caper stepped forward, became visible under the light. The intruder stood at average height, with brown eyes that almost had a redish tint to them; but that's all that you could see since they were wearing a mask, as to hide their identity from being seen. The masked figure also wore a worn out tee shirt covered by a leather bomber jacket, a pair of shorts, and a pair of combat boots, all of which were filthy, except for the stolen weapons they were adorned with.

The intruder seemed without a care, looking down at the mysterious bag slung over their shoulder, until someone came running down the side street. This time it wasn't an older, more experienced guard, but a newly trained soldier, only about seventeen years of age. He was an inch or so taller than his target, with blue eyes that shined in the light and long, dark brown hair that hung down over his eyes. He wore a newly pressed uniform that seemed to be a size to big for him, but it seemed as if it was meant for him to grow into. At the sight of the soldier, the figure started sprinting again, this time towards a more secluded port area.

"Hey you, wait, comeback here! Why are you running?! Come on!" shouted the young guard, chasing the masked figure down alleys and through desolate homes, left by owners who had either fled or were taken captive. Both kept running until they reached an empty warehouse, and the shadow like person stopped and turned around.

The young soldier stopped suddenly, placing his hands in front of him in the event he was attacked. His voice was calm and stern as he spoke. "Please don't fight and or hurt me, I don't really to hurt you, and I don't want to get killed." The teenage Cadette tried to hide behind a grouping of barrels, but before he could reach them he was pulled back, forcing him into this fight. He turned to face his opponent and threw a punch, which was intercepted and returned to him. He was knocked to the ground but forced himself to get back up, not willing to admit defeat. The intruder kicked out their foot and almost knocked their opponent over, but he had jumped before they got the chance.

Both delt grueling blows to each other, resulting in wounds, but then the Cadette got the upper hand and darted forward, pushing his opponent onto the ground, and also landing on top of them to keep them from getting back up. Pinning his opponent to the floor he pulled off their mask, and his mouth hung open in shock; the person being held down underneath his weight was suprisingly a girl, with long, deep red hair that was wrapped in a braid.

"You're a... a..." They both held each others gaze for a couple of seconds, until she used this distraction to her advantage and kicked her legs to the side, knocking him onto his back and pinning him to the floor. She grabbed his shirt and held her fist in the air, ready to send a gruling blow to her opponent if necessary.

"You are really brave, let me tell you. Brave for trying to stop me. Brave for fighting me. But you're dumb for letting your guard down."she said confidently, the words bouncing around the empty warehouse. It seemed as if she was going to thrust her arm forward, but stopped and started laughing at her victim, who was now terrified.

She let out a chuckle as she started speaking. "You should see the look on your face right now, it's pretty hilarious!" As she continued to laugh, the girl let go of his shirt and stood up, then offered him her hand to help him up. He reached up and grasped her hand firmly, afraid of what would happen. Both walked over towards a set of boxes stacked together and sat down.

A long silence settled on the two, until finally, the soldier spoke up. "So, uh, do you have a name? I mean, I would guess you do." The girl turned and looked at him, then started fixing her shoe and sighed. "My name is Maggie." she said, not taking her gaze away from the boy's eyes. "I suppose you have a name as well, right?" The boy chuckled at her comment and moved closer to her. "I'm Ean. I... I don't exactly know my last name. Hell, I don't know if I even have one." Maggie turned her head to look at him, and gave him a strange look as he sat down on the crate beside her.

"How do you not know if you have a last name?" She turned back around and sat facing him, listening intently to every word he said. "I don't know, I never had a family when I was growing up. I grew up living on the streets, so I wasn't given a last name. And once all this happened, I was rounded up and trained to be a soldier, and even they didn't give me a last name. They just told me how to act and what to do." He looked down at his uniform, and gave it a disgusting look.

Maggie looked at his uniform as well and looked away from him, thinking to herself as she spoke, a sort of dreamy, depressed tone to her voice. "I think I know what you mean. Not the last name part, but the growing up on the streets part. After the zombies appeared, my father left without my mother and siblings and they were rounded up soon afterwards, but I managed to find somewhere to hide. I've been out on the streets ever since. I've seen so many people become victims of these horrible abominations."

She looked away from him again and bit her lip, trying hard not to remember that dreadful day when everything went wrong. Ean put his hands in his pockets and stomped repeatedly on the ground, sounding shy as he spoke. "So, uh, why did you break into the labs record room today? You seemed to have everyone worried that you were trying to steal some information to create your own army." She whipped around, with a small smile growing on her face. "I was trying to find information on a few people who dealt with this experimentation when it was smaller. Their names are Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, and Doctor Edward Richtofen. Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo were all test subjects to the doctor. Apparently, they were brainwashed as the Nazi's were trying to work with element 115; they were the only succesful subjects, and hence, were sent with the doctor to get rid of the failures, which had taken over several testing sites that had to be contained. They say that some force had helped them along the way, and had also damned them too. Nobody knows for sure, but some survivors of the horrible attacks say they were the spirits of Doctor Ludwig Maxis, the head scientist whom Edward had killed at the orders of the Illuminati, and Samantha Maxis, Ludwig's daughter who was also killed with her father. Both victims were trapped in a teleporter they created with a test subject, Samantha's dog Fluffy who was at the time pregnant with puppies. No body actually knows what happened to either of them, but assumed they were dead. After the job had been done, Edward went crazy and became obssessed with death and power, and complained about hearing voices in his head instructing him along the way. Anyway, he knew how to fight them, and so did the subjects. I was only trying to see if they were still alive or him there was some way to stop this invasion. They seem to be our only hope as they know how to deal with them."

She started to choke on her words, but remained strong, for she didn't want to look like another weak girl infront of anyone. "I just want this all to end. I just want my family back." Both of them sat in the tranquil quiet again, then suddenly, as if someone had just turned on a stereo or a radio, the sound of guards talking and laughing caused Maggie to jump up and find another way out. Ean followed close behind her, wondering what she was looking for.

"Maggie, what are you..." She whipped around and pushed her finger to her lip, signaling him to be quiet. The two of them continued on, walking along the shadows while making sure to stay out of sight. But there seemed no way of escape, and they were filled with the same thoughts: would they be able to find the doctor and his test subjects if they were still alive and well, and if they were caught, what punishments would face them in this new, dark world lying ahead of them.

As you can tell, this story isn't based around a hero, but a heroine (kinda influenced since I'm a girl :P)

p.s. this is something I made up when I was bored, and I'll fix any mistakes or things I feel should be changed later

p.s.s. if you read this version it's slightly altered because I edited it, and changed Natalie's name to Maggie.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Awesome read, just going to say that you should space it out, it isn't very pleasent for the eye to see a big chunck of words like that :) my eyes hurt after I was done reading :facepalm: ow my eyes

If you want I could space it out for you. :)

I also had a few questions, when is this happening (year), and also am a little confused on where they are :?

But, I think I came up with a few titles "The Search of The Heroes" "The New World Order" or "The Beginning of the End" just came up with that :P

Regards Yellow-card8

Hmmmmmm.........*five minutes later* Redemption? :D

But i loved the story, it'd make an excellent graphic novel. ;)

Thanks :] and that sounds like a pretty good idea, still working on it though (maybe going to keep it as a short story, make drawings to go with it)

Awesome read, just going to say that you should space it out, it isn't very pleasent for the eye to see a big chunck of words like that :) my eyes hurt after I was done reading :facepalm: ow my eyes

If you want I could space it out for you. :)

I also had a few questions, when is this happening (year), and also am a little confused on where they are :?

But, I think I came up with a few titles "The Search of The Heroes" "The New World Order" or "The Beginning of the End" just came up with that :P

Regards Yellow-card8

I tried to, but I can try again I guess, see if it let's me -_- and when I first started it I was slightly confused, think it's this year most likely, and where they are? My guess, Germany :?

LAWLLL well its not up to me or i have a REALLY bad memory but i MIGHT have the second part to the story? I wont release it though :D hahaha lullaby knows what im talkon bout

Hahaha yeah I think(?) it was or it was possibly another part that I worked on early, idk lol. I actually may hold off on continuing this one because there is another one I'm also working on, and I want to combine them so I'm probably going to wind up doing that then bringing the two together and continuing it that way.

• 2 weeks later...