CoDz Yearly Awards/Titles, Expansion from UOTM

AlphaSnake

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year might be too long no? Perhaps 6th months or by Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4. ?

I agree, a year does seem like too much of a long time. It feels like this site has been here forever, but it's only been a little less than 2 years...that would only be two people. Different quarters seems like a better idea but still...UOTM seems perfect to me.

I agree, a year does seem like too much of a long time. It feels like this site has been here forever, but it's only been a little less than 2 years...that would only be two people. Different quarters seems like a better idea but still...UOTM seems perfect to me.

so... UOTS then? (User Of The Season, like summer autum, winter and spring)

so... UOTS then? (User Of The Season, like summer autum, winter and spring)

something like that I guess.

I ahte to be a pooper, but, UOTM seems like an admirable award to me

Ok well lets take baby steps? How about special titles? Something like zombie researcher of the week?month? Nobbie helper of the week/month? I think a year and quarters and seasons is to long... The site may be alive for a long time but that doesn't mean users will..

Rather than a UOTY, perhaps just new sections to the user of the month? things like:

Discovery of the month- awarded for the biggest find that month

Newcomer of the month- best person joined in that month

biggest brain getter otm- name says it all

just stuff like that, then the UOTM is a much bigger prestige to get... i dunno just throwing out ideas

I was thinking UOTY to keep it simple and easy to organize... More sections means more work for whoever is running it...

Trust me this site will be here in 5-10 years...

It will be a cult classic forum...

Just an idea...

Regards Snake.

I like the ring to that. A cult classic forum =)

I like the user of the season idea!!!

I want fall. Tis my favorite season....

Instead of a UOTY, why not have individual awards (they can just be a banner for the winner's sig, not a group). Stuff like:

- Most contributions to WWK

- Most Mature Member

- Kindest to the Newbies

- Most Online

Stuff like that, little things ;)

Instead of a UOTY, why not have individual awards (they can just be a banner for the winner's sig, not a group). Stuff like:

- Most Mature Member

- Kindest to the Newbies

- Most Online

actually....that's a good idea, I like this.

- Most Mature Member

- Kindest to the Newbies

- Most Online

Wouldn't that be hard to judge though? Besides wwk and a few others?

- Most Mature Member

- Kindest to the Newbies

- Most Online

Wouldn't that be hard to judge though? Besides wwk and a few others?

that would be where people could vote on who would win, whether it be mods/covert/carbon, or all members. Or people could submit essays, or just short answers as to why they think that they qualify the best for that, and mods/covert/carbon would judge them.

if you want to add things under your avatar on the left side

you should look online about how to do it in for a phpbb3 forum and i will look into it so we can add more images and stuff for like achievements or whatever.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1590045

This seems to do the trick. A couple of forums I've been on have used a similar mod, but I can't remember the name at the moment =/ But I think that is the sort of thing you want.