Traps and Centerfuge Relationship *Result Produced Twice*

On tha real, I've been awake for 36 hours straight working... BUT I wanted to post this before I go to sleep, becuase as soon as I get up I go back to work! I've been deprived of forum time and it's a pretty sad story... rambling. Sorry.

Forgive me for my current inability to link thoughts together and not making a more in depth post. I just feel that this discovery needed to be shared.

My roomate and I play splitscreen all the time (it's a 62' so don't give me hell for split screening lol) and twice I've noticed the following results. Once was offline just us and the second time was online with a group of three.. which may be a key factor.

Because we had inadequate players to complete the monkey round node, we stopped doing anything with the easter egg after capturing the generater and activating the first node. We continued slaying for hours on end and during all these rounds the Centerfuge has not spun at all. Both games we activated the node somewhere between rounds 7 and 10.

Now here's the fun part. In both of these games somewhere in the early 30's I activated the fire trap near StaminUp, and shortly after (not sure if in that same round or the next) the centerfuge resumed its periodic siren alert and spinning.

I have neither the time nor energy to theorize right now as to how this is relevant.

Anywho, like I said we've seen this result twice so it was not a glitch.

Sd

s

sd

zzzzzzzzzzzz *droolz on keyboard*

Night.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have noticed this, especially after we activate the Node and reach higher rounds, the Centrifuge does not spin. I have not tried to activate the traps to test this theory but that makes some sense.

In addition, I do wonder if there is a correlation with the Easter Egg and the Centerfuge in that, when you start the EE the Centrifuge stops spinning because of it. I have on many occasions started the EE but the idiots in the game have no Idea how to push the buttons on the wall so we are always stuck with that, but never do I hear the Centrifuge go off.

Hmmmm......I dont want to theorize either.....but I can confirm this too!

What I've honestly noticed is that the centrifuge seems to spin less and less as the game continues, not that it's trigged. If you notice when you start the game it seems to spin often while you're in the room, but as the rounds extend it spins less and less and less..

I don't believe it's of any result of our own, just the way the game mechanics work to maintain the challenge.. As I usually camp down there and run around it over and over again, the more the game goes forward the less often it seems to spin is all...

What I've honestly noticed is that the centrifuge seems to spin less and less as the game continues, not that it's trigged. If you notice when you start the game it seems to spin often while you're in the room, but as the rounds extend it spins less and less and less..

I don't believe it's of any result of our own, just the way the game mechanics work to maintain the challenge.. As I usually camp down there and run around it over and over again, the more the game goes forward the less often it seems to spin is all...

this is one of those if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a noise things. it spins the same amount throughout the game, or at least for me. maybe (if you do laps) your not in the room at the right time?

A fact that i have never yet to disprove...

The centrifuge will never spin when you have only the last zombie of the wave alive.

(Hopefully to allow you to do lander things and get perks and weapons without the centrifuge screwing you over)

Well, I can say that, when I was playing yesterday, the centrifuge killed my crawler. Screwed some things up; I was just walking around in the room and saw him diving down the catwalk right onto the centrifuge. ^_^

It seems to me that the thing spins randomly, but the more time you spend inside the room with it, the less it spins.

It's a sweet trap when it's spinning, but I'd prefer kiting the zombies around and earning more points off them... and maybe a powerup.

I dont leave the room but to check the box :/ Im literally in the room round after round after round...

It spins less, either because im in it or because it's set to spin an exact # of times per round or something but either way.. the more the rounds go on, the less it seems to spin..

There isnt a trigger..

A fact that i have never yet to disprove...

The centrifuge will never spin when you have only the last zombie of the wave alive.

(Hopefully to allow you to do lander things and get perks and weapons without the centrifuge screwing you over)

It can spin even if you only have 1 zombie left. I've had it end rounds this way :/