Richtoffen is Sam's Dad?!

Now this is just something I picked up and thought i'd try it out, i was listening to lullaby for a dead man and the verse that goes "father, why have you forsaken me?" now before, we assumed that it was just sam asking her father why her? but with the release of ascension, and one of richtoffens quotes being "now we've talked about the sam" in a 'fatherly' tone, i'm begging to suspect that sam is actually richtoffens daughter..

please don't flame, please discuss :D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I've never thought about this, But it's an interesting thought nonetheless. I've heard the radios in Der Riese, So I'm still inclined to believe that Maxis is Sam's father.

yeah i was thinking that when i heard the transmissions, but why would she ask her 'father (maxis) whom she adored for getting her a dog, why he has forsaken her to a life of immortality, i'm not sure about you but i'd love to be immortal, well, for a century or two...

then ofcourse theres the fact that richtoffen in shi no numa, der riese and kino seems to know fluffy well, almost as though HE raised fluffy..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont think she ever said her surname, but she DOES, however, call Dr. Maxis father in one of the radios on der riese

wait wasnt edward currently in the room as well when she called out father?

There's a radio where Maxis gives Fluffy to Samantha and he says that the dog is pregnant so she asks "can we keep the puppies too father?", she also calls him papa as well. I've included the video , it's the third message

ULY2D5Lg2fQ

It has never been proven that Lullaby of a Dead Man is about Samantha, and I personally think it is from a zombies point of view, hence the name Lullaby of a Dead Man. However in the case that it is from Samantha's point of view, I think that it is her praying. She could be meaning holy father. If I were a zombie or trapped in Aether I would be praying like nobody's business. However I still think that this song is from the point of view of a zombie. Just because it's a girl singing does not mean it's a girl being portrayed.

As for whether or not Maxis is her father, she calls him father several times, and in the Black Ops Dataservant files Maxis talks about his daughter Samantha and her dog Fluffy, which he would not do if she was adopted because they are personal files. :D