Monkey / Perk Strategy

carbonfibah

Ok this is the monkey strategy.

What you need:

- ray guns (at least 2 people with them)

- claymores (everyone needs them)

- 4 perks (everyone needs the same 4 perks)

*before we start I just want to mention that at the start of the game, after the power is on, everyone should only buy juggernog until the first round of monkeys, as if everyone defends it you can get a free perk early on.*

Ok so this works best with everyone having ray guns, but if that is not the case this still works well.

To start everyone needs to buy the same 4 perks. I suggest juggernog, speed cola, stamin-up, and flopper.

Everyone also needs claymores. What you need to do before monkeys come is save your claymores. You need to assign a perk to each person, so all 4 perks you have are covered. So before monkeys arrive each person adds claymores around their perk machines. If you camp at a lander like speed cola you can leave that one clear and put claymores at all of the other perk machines and then add some to speed at the end before monkeys. If you keep up with it you will be good. The claymores will stay there and not explode since no zombies will spawn there if you are camping in one spot.

So monkeys arrive and everyone runs to their designated perk machine. Even if you are a little late the claymores will hold off the monkeys. As long as no monkeys even touch any of the machines you get a free random perk. So if everyone has the same 4 perks, and you defend all of those 4, you can get the 5th perk for free.

This is just an all around good way to protect perk machines from monkeys, by stock piling claymores at them.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok this is the monkey strategy.

What you need:

- ray guns (at least 2 people with them)

- claymores (everyone needs them)

- 4 perks (everyone needs the same 4 perks)

*before we start I just want to mention that at the start of the game, after the power is on, everyone should only buy juggernog until the first round of monkeys, as if everyone defends it you can get a free perk early on.*

Ok so this works best with everyone having ray guns, but if that is not the case this still works well.

To start everyone needs to buy the same 4 perks. I suggest juggernog, speed cola, stamin-up, and flopper.

Everyone also needs claymores. What you need to do before monkeys come is save your claymores. You need to assign a perk to each person, so all 4 perks you have are covered. So before monkeys arrive each person adds claymores around their perk machines. If you camp at a lander like speed cola you can leave that one clear and put claymores at all of the other perk machines and then add some to speed at the end before monkeys. If you keep up with it you will be good. The claymores will stay there and not explode since no zombies will spawn there if you are camping in one spot.

So monkeys arrive and everyone runs to their designated perk machine. Even if you are a little late the claymores will hold off the monkeys. As long as no monkeys even touch any of the machines you get a free random perk. So if everyone has the same 4 perks, and you defend all of those 4, you can get the 5th perk for free.

This is just an all around good way to protect perk machines from monkeys, by stock piling claymores at them.

Terrible strategy, how are you going to protect quick revive?

here's my strategy, don't open the doors to jug, EVER. have your guys stockpile points, work with what you get in the box or use guns off the wall until everyone buys every single perk other than jug, then have them buy claymores and hit up the box til you get ray guns. assign perks for monkey round if you dont have a raygun or good monkey killing gun stay by flopper and flop off the stairs to kill monkeys. and before you get to monkey round lay 2-4 claymores in front of perks but make sure they are spread out so a bunch dont blow up on just one monkey and then it will give you time to get to your perk and protect it, and with the doors to jug still closed monkeys cant get to it so protecting perks is easier and you dont have to worry about jug so when you get your free perk it will be jug

here's my strategy, don't open the doors to jug, EVER. have your guys stockpile points, work with what you get in the box or use guns off the wall until everyone buys every single perk other than jug, then have them buy claymores and hit up the box til you get ray guns. assign perks for monkey round if you dont have a raygun or good monkey killing gun stay by flopper and flop off the stairs to kill monkeys. and before you get to monkey round lay 2-4 claymores in front of perks but make sure they are spread out so a bunch dont blow up on just one monkey and then it will give you time to get to your perk and protect it, and with the doors to jug still closed monkeys cant get to it so protecting perks is easier and you dont have to worry about jug so when you get your free perk it will be jug

no offense but i dont get your logic.. Jug is the only perk that you actually NEED to have for the most part and to never buy it and relying on your teammates to all get their machines so you can get Jug free just sounds insane..and quick revive should be the least of your worries, why bother sticking your neck out for a perk that only helps when other people cant stay alive?

and @bmaster2000 you can only buy 4 perks, the 5th you can only get by having the 4 and protecting the machines to get the free perk powerup

Even though daniel has to sound like a total dick in this, he does have a point.

Honestly for me, I hate opening any doors to Juggy just because it's the most important one to have. "So why not open it?" Because like Carbon said, when you save your Perks from getting touched you get a free one, and a lot of the time I gamble for Juggy. In the early rounds, you really don't even need Juggy; I make it to 20 or so with how my group survives so we never really need it. The earlier you turn the power on and buy at least Flopper, hopefully the sooner you get Monkeys and get a free Perk.

Even if you get Quick Revive, all you have to do is down yourself during a Zombie round and get Flopper again so you don't really need to worry about it.

With the doors to Juggy closed in the 20- rounds, you don't even have to worry about it getting taken.

The chance of everyone on your team getting a different Perk from a Monkey round is pretty rare. Say you all have Flopper to begin with and you get the free Perk. At least two people will get the same Perk.

Before Monkeys

Dempsy: Flopper

Nikolai: Flopper

Takeio: Flopper

Richtofen: Flopper

After Monkeys

Dempsy: Flopper, Sleight,

Nikolai: Flopper, Stamin

Takeio: Flopper, Sleight

Richtofen: Flopper, Juggy

So at the end of the day, even if the doors to Juggy are closed, you have one person on Stamin, one on Sleight, one on Flopper, and a rogue runner to save anyone who needs it.

I for one find it unneeded to even get Juggy before round 20. And by the time you get to round 20, everyone should have the perks they need and if anyone has Quick Revive and they don't want it, they can simply down and go buy the other four Perks. Then you get Quick Revive the next Monkey round and bam! 5 Perks.

My personal strategy for Monkeys, that is.

+1 on the Juggs Door, There is absolutely no value in opening the Door to the Jugs by the quick revive, Also no value in opening the stair case door, go straight to the box, get the power on, get a gun from the Box, and Flopper.

Flop till you drop when Monkeys come and most times everyone will get Juggs after 2 monkey rounds, at the latest you should be around round 12-15 and have Flopps and Juggs, I really dont get any other perks as its a waste of time and having to chase the monkeys around is just a PITA. You WILL NEVER HAVE TO DEFEND JUGS as all the doors are closed, You all can defend Flopper and call it a day....simple easy strategy.

Its really frustrating when people needlessly open doors that have no relevance. There are 4 great areas if your playing with 4 people to do a style of "R#pe Train". 1) Flopper 2) Centrifuge 3) In front of PAP and the last guy can hang with any one of them and revive anyone that goes down......

Again...dont open the Juggs unless you really really really need it.......*sigh*

OH, forgot, the actual strat for monkeys, Well Jump when they jump. Cook Grenades as they kill them quickly, Pre load a couple of claymores infront of the perk machines, unfortunately when they do their ground and pound it takes out the CM but if you have 1 or 2 in your inventory drop it right in front of them then reload with the ones you put in front of them machine.

Guns are useless against them.....only really the Ray Gun is worth a dime against them....RD 43 HK & RPK, unloaded the whole gun on them didnt kill them......Monkey rounds done, you get ammo and hopefully a reload on perks....

I never bother with Flopper. It stops being a one hit kill mid twenties, and most of the time i am playing with noobs or by myself so quick revive is a must

Flopper is probably one of the greatest Perks Ive seen,

1) No splash damage,

2) Cook a Grenade in your hand and it blows you will not die

3) LAW, Mustang & Sally, Ray Gun, any gun you use will not kill you from the splash as stated above.

4) If you have no ammo, PHD Flopper and Juggs, you can run loops and keep buying grenades and never ever die. The rounds will take forever but you will never go down

1) No splash damage,

3) LAW, Mustang & Sally, Ray Gun, any gun you use will not kill you from the splash as stated above.

4) If you have no ammo, PHD Flopper and Juggs, you can run loops and keep buying grenades and never ever die. The rounds will take forever but you will never go down

I didnt know about no.2. But you will die eventually. Because now almost every time i play i get over round 30. After round 30 Flopper is useless. You dive onto them from the highest point in the map (near Flopper, on the side walkway bit) and they just trounce all over you.

Props to Carbon for throwin' down a solid strat.

Now, for Ace's advice. I don't care if you asked for it or not. :lol:

If you don't have Jugg by round 10, you better not expect a revive.

PhD is priceless when you're shooting ray guns/explosives.

The Sickle and Mustang & Sally are extra good for dealing with monkeys.

As long as you have Gersch devices, there's really no need for Quick revive.

If you're dumping machine gun ammo at monkeys and they are still alive, you're missing. (until later rounds i.e. 30+)

Have someone stay by the MP5k. Monkeys come through here pretty heavy. Some go for PhD but most go toward Jugg.

If you're at Stamin up, you don't have many monkeys to deal with then you can set the fire trap go save another perk.

If you get a perk that you wish you didn't (either from the free perk or from your stupidity), down yourself and POOF it's gone.

If you're near monkeys, jump when they do and you'll avoid some damage.

If the monkeys do steal a perk, don't make the mistake of thinking you still have it. Believe me, I've lost PhD and not realized it and damaged myself a few times. EMBARRASSING!!!

Protect Jugg at all costs. After that, it's subjective which perks are most useful to you and your current loadout.

LOOK FORWARD TO MONKEYS!!!! MAX AMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) No splash damage,

I didnt know about no.2. But you will die eventually. Because now almost every time i play i get over round 30. After round 30 Flopper is useless. You dive onto them from the highest point in the map (near Flopper, on the side walkway bit) and they just trounce all over you.

Yes I do not use flopper to flop. I use it for the no splash damage as by round 30+ you will need PAP weapons and or explosive weapons at that (Ray Gun, Mustang & Sally, Awful Lawton....). When you Run out of ammo on the PH Lander loop you have quick access to Grenades and can toss them all day without damage.

Also yes if you need to escape instead of jumping off of the cat walk by lander you wont take damage coming down so you can time it that you flow and run if you get trapped....

Nothing against carbons tactic, because on the basis it works perfectly! Just some enhancements to his technique =)

My strat , you only gaurd one perk and you can get all five. On solo.

First, turn on power and buy the bottom door to jugg. Buy jugg and revive so you can defend both at the same time(turn on turret for extra help). Wait for monkey and if you get stamin up and speed cola first, you're golden, because if you get PhD before these two, you will have two perks to defend, which is incredibly difficult on solo. And you need to get PhD as the fifth perk through monkeys.