My, completely fictional, zombies story.

EDIT: This is my own, made up version of the zombies storyline, so please, don't criticize me.

Prologue.

“They’re right behind me, they’re right there!” That was the only thought that ran through Dempsey’s mind as he dashed across the wet grass. With every step he could hear his feet crunching into the ground, every blade of grass folding and shrinking under his big brown leather boots, which were standard issue for the military. “Why do they have to be so heavy?” He thought to himself. It was cold, and damp weather, dew covered every last bit of what now was a ghost town, and Dempsey knew about it. He could smell it, and see it. He could smell the stench of the napalm, the rotting corpses, and the smoke from the fires that now ravaged the town. He could see the craters created by exploding barrels of fuel, and the holes in the sides of the buildings that were once filled with civilians and teeming with life. Now they were just empty piles of bricks. “Where do I go, where do I go?” He desperately thought as he looked for a place to hide. There were a few options. There was an old abandoned school building, but it was much too unstable to be considered safe. There was a butcher shop, but the smell made Dempsey sick, and it was much too dangerous also. “What am I going to do? They’re right behind me!” That’s when he saw it, the perfect hideout. “It’s beautiful!” It was a giant stone hotel, with a big courtyard in front, and giant solid wood doors. It had three big stain glass windows, like those of a church. It was also decorated with giant Nazi flags on either side. Dempsey was stunned at the colors that had survived on the windows and flags, colors that he hadn’t seen in a long while. He especially noticed the bright contrasted red of the Nazi flags, the warm purple’s and blues that were on the stain glass window, and the beautiful marbling of the stone that made the structure itself. The courtyard was full of plants and even flowers! Dempsey knelt down briefly to smell one of the roses in the garden. “Amazing, I can’t believe you made it through this entire ordeal little guy.” The smell was all too familiar to him. But his moment of peace was short lived, they were hot on his tale, and they couldn’t be stopped. “Zombies? I hate Zombies.”

Chapter 1.

Before we get into the main story, let’s take a glance into the past, Dempsey’s past to be exact.

Dempsey’s background was very colorful. His Great Grandfather was a colored Union General in the years of the Civil War. His Grandfather was an established governor in the post Civil War years, and his father, Tom Dempsey, was a colored WWI veteran, with more than 3 medals under his belt, one of which was the coveted Purple Heart award. His father met his mother, Jane Wilders, while on duty in England loading boats for the Royal Navy. While he was on duty in the trench mazes of Germany, he wrote her every day. They exchanged hundreds of letters, and when he was injured on the battlefield by exploding fuel tanks, Jane swore to take care of him until he healed up. Eventually, in between the daily checkups and pain medicines, Tom Proposed to her. After they were wed, they had three children, Laura, Nick, and Jason, who would later be known as Tank. In they’re childhood years, they were picked on and made fun of because of their fathers early discharge out of the army. Because their father couldn’t keep a job, their mother Jane worked as an army nurse for the Royal Army. When their mother lost her job due to the bad economy, they moved to America. In their teenage years, Laura and Jason took a liking to the world of military intelligence, while Nick took a different approach, diving into the world of military engineering. When they graduated high school, Jason and Nick enlisted in an engineering school, Jason just trying to be like his older brother, and Laura enlisted into a nursing school, trying to follow in the footsteps of her mother. After graduating, the three enlisted into the military, Jason and Nick trying to become marines, and Laura trying to become a field nurse. About a week after they were sent home to await the outcome of their enlisting, Tom, Jane, and Nick were murdered in a massacre in a parking lot. Laura was injured in the fray, and was found later at her home. Jason promised to take care of her, and at the age of 24, she died in his care of pneumonia. Jason, being the only one left in they’re family, inherited everything that was left. He inherited their house, their summer home in England, All of the money both in the house, and in the bank, and the family car. At the legal age of 21, he changed his name to Jason Tank Dempsey, and then officially to just Tank Dempsey, reflecting on the fact that his father had been injured in war by an exploding fuel tank. At the age of 25, he married Josephine Whittler, and one year later she gave birth to his only son, Joseph. And then at the age of 29, he was sworn into the military. By this time, the great depression just started to reach a boiling point, and in an effort to keep the well being of his family, he took a day job working at a coal mine just outside of their town. By the time the depression had ended, there was already a new threat coming into play, the increasing power of Nazi Germany compared to other countries. When the Royal Army finally requested help from America after the bombing of England, Tank and about Two point five million other troops were shipped out onto the front lines.

Tank ended up becoming a paratrooper as part of the 120th airborne division, and did many drops into Italy. But his fate became uncertain when he, his crew, and their plane went M.I.A in the skies over Germany on D-Day. They were eventually found when they met up with marines on the ground to continue farther into Germany. And from there, this all leads up to January, 1945. Exactly 5 months ago…

The wreck…

(Tank Dempsey: Somewhere over the area of Breslau, Germany.)

“We’re finally going home.” Tank said to his friends with a content smirk on his face. Among the men on the plane with him were his best friends James Marco and Dimitri Valencia. “I can’t believe we finally beat this dang war, it seemed like it would never end!” Exclaimed James with a bright smile on his face. “Well I’m not worried about that any more.” Said Dimitri, sporting a very serious look. “Why so serious Dimitri?” “Because Tank, after the heart attack I gave my wife, lets just say that ‘Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’!” The trio began to laugh and chuckle at the sarcastic remark, while the pilots shook their heads. All of the sudden, the plane jerked hard to the left, sending the men flying into each other. “What the hell! You trying to kill us captain?” Tank yelled out. “I don’t know what that was. We aren’t in any storms or clouds, there shouldn’t be any turbulence.” “Then what the hell was that?” All of the sudden, the 1st engine on the left wing exploded, then on the right, and then the wings themselves flew off the plane. “Damnit, she’s out of control, we can’t straighten her out! We’re going down!” The window’s on the plane shattered, sending glass flying into the air. The men screamed and grunted as they bounced about the fuselage, desperately trying to hold onto their seats. The instruments on the flight dashboard were going nuts. Lights were flashing, sirens and buzzers were going off, and the altitude meter was reading the altitude at maximum speed. “1000 feet,” “I can’t retake control!” “900 feet,” “We’re losing altitude fast!” “800 feet,” “Pull up, pull up!” “700 feet,” “Crap!” “600 feet, 500 feet, 400 feet, 300 feet,” “AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” “200 feet, 100 feet, 90 feet,” “Where are the parachutes? We always have parachutes, we don’t have parachutes!” Tank yelled. “50 feet, 40 feet, 30 feet, 20 feet,” “Brace for impact!” “10 feet, 5 (CRASH!)”

On first impact, the plane sent up a giant cloud of dirt and gravel, and made a giant crater all the way to its final resting place next to an abandoned building. “(Cough) (cough) is everyone alright?” Dempsey tried to reassure himself that his friends had survived. “Hello?” “Yeah Dempsey, (cough), we’re alright.” Answered James. “Yeah, Dimitri over here is just fine too! Thanks for asking!” Grunted Dimitri. “What happened?” Tank was still disoriented from the wreck, when they all heard something. “(Strange Gargling Noises).” “You guys here that?”Asked tank. “Hear what?” Answered James, still trying to register what had happened. “(Psychotic Laughter).” “What the hell?”

The Horde…

“There’s something out there…” Muttered James as they all leaned to look out the window. “It looks like…People!” Shouted Tank as his eyes grew. “Huh? There’s no way Tank,” “Seriously James, there is a whole horde of people out there.” “Uh, Guys…Guys…GUYS!” “What!” “I don’t think those are people…” Muttered Dimitri, his eyes locked on the horde of shadows outside the plane. “What do you mean Dimitri?” “Look for yourself Dempsey…” The three men looked out the window, anxious to see what was outside, when all of the sudden… “BOO!” The three men jumped out of their skin, scared for their life, they all swung and kicked out at the suspect. “Ha! I got you guys good didn’t I?” exclaimed Captain Jordan Joseph, the co-pilot of the plane. “What the hell are you thinking Jordan?” exclaimed Dempsey, still trying to register his fear. “You’re seriously sick Captain!” exclaimed James. “But Captain,” muttered Dimitri, “If you’re the one joking around, then who’s outside?” “(Strange Gargling Noises.)” “What?” All of the sudden, a grey skinned man with glowing yellow eyes and a German uniform slammed into the plane, startling the men. The man had bites out of his arms and legs and was covered head to toe in blood. “Holy crap,” “What the hell is that?” All of the sudden, two gunshots rang out. Both hit the, thing, right in between the eyes. “Who shot that gun?” Yelled the Captain, “It was me, sir,” Dempsey was standing, his regulation Colt M1911 pistol held in front of him. “And I think we should get out of here!” “Why Dempsey?” “Cause here come more of them!” Three of the men drew their sidearms and aimed for the horde, while the captain pried the door open. “We need that door open, ASAP!”Exclaimed Dempsey “I’m trying; I’m trying...”Answered Jordan. “Dimitri, you have muscle. Get over here and help me!” “Yes sir,” The two men began to push the door, while the other two were firing their guns into the horde. That’s when the door slipped open. “Yes!” exclaimed Jordan in a pose of triumph. “No time for celebration Jordan, we got to go!” The men hurried into the building next to the wreck site. “Hey Tank,” said Dimitri. “You might want to see this…” “What is it? Whoa…” The entire building was full of supplies. Weapons and ammo, equipment, Grenades, canned foods, sleeping bags, it was all there. “Awesome…”

To be continued...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone gave me negative brains for this... Just a reference to whoever did give them, the "Thumb Down" button is ONLY to be used if the post is 1: Offensive, 2: Trolling, 3: Spamming, or 4: Breaks CODZ rules. It's not supposed to be used for if you just downright don't like or disagree. I said it was fictional, i didn't mean for this story to follow the REAL zombies storyline in any way, and even though i used Tank Dempsey's name, i made up a WHOLE different character bio and feel for him. So please, be fair.

Someone gave me negative brains for this... Just a reference to whoever did give them, the "Thumb Down" button is ONLY to be used if the post is 1: Offensive, 2: Trolling, 3: Spamming, or 4: Breaks CODZ rules. It's not supposed to be used for if you just downright don't like or disagree. I said it was fictional, i didn't mean for this story to follow the REAL zombies storyline in any way, and even though i used Tank Dempsey's name, i made up a WHOLE different character bio and feel for him. So please, be fair.

Did I give you a posative vote on this? I hope I did and that negative want me.... Still, good story.

• 2 weeks later...