"The Dead Ops Manifesto" Strategy Guide

RZArazorSHARP20

"The Dead Ops Manifesto" Strategy Guide:

Preamble:

We, ClintSmeastwood and RZArazorSHARP20, the founding members of X-Box Live’s Wu-Tang Clan [WTC], in order to address the terrible quality of DeadOps play in the world, provide you, nazi zombie forum, with a guide to excelling at Treyarch’s only invitation to slaughter more than 5000 zombies in under three hours.

Article I: Starting the Game:

The first round is on the island map the largest map. There is no importance on sharing treasure and items on levels 1-5. If you can’t get past the first five levels, you suck. Too often on these levels you see people burning nukes and lightnings. You shouldn’t use an item or lose a life before round 8. If you do, swallow many many many prescription pills and rid the taxpayers of one more expense.

Article II: Sharing is Caring:

While rounds 1-8 exist for everyone to have a foot-race to gold piles and have lots of laughs about who got there first or who could swear to god that they should’ve gotten their death machine, once you get past this round into the challenge round Prison Break, the primary objective for the team is to stockpile lives by stockpiling multiplier. Make sure the person with the lowest multiplier is getting treasure.

Section One: The Life Roulette:

It’s crucial to understand that your lives are your partners’ lives. If a teammate has 0 lives and dies, they will automatically “borrow” a life from another teammate with lives to spare, and give the lending player a reward of 3 nukes, 3 lightnings, a helicopter, or a tank. So again, keeping that multiplier high so you can acquire the 9-life maximum is necessary in order to get past round 20. Having nine lives is not a signal to disregard your multiplier; if you start lending out lives to sucky teammates, you’re gonna want to be able to get 200k quickly and replenish your stockpile.

Section Two: District 9:

Remember that this is a team game, fellas. No player can have more than 9 of anything. So if you have 9 nukes and a nuke pops up on the map, don’t be a twat and take it for yourself, announce its location on the map and help somebody in need of a nuke get to it. There’s time, items sit on the map for at least 30 seconds (what feels like ages in DeadOps); so DON’T BE A TROLL AND TAKE IT FOR YOURSELF. You have 9 fucking nukes. Burn one and let your buddy pick it up. Everyone needs to be able to nuke for themselves if possible, calling out for a nuke is simply not an efficient way to save somebody’s life at later rounds. Naturally, all of this applies to lightnings. You can’t have more than 9, make sure there’s a good distribution amongst your teammates.

Article III: The Room of Fates:

By now, you have reached round 12, and the “Creepy Crawlers” challenge round. This is one of the harder early challenge rounds. It’s acceptable to die on this map; however, by now you should have preserved enough nukes/lightnings to save yourself from a stinky death at the hands of these crawlers. Somewhere between round 13 and 16, you will be taken to the Room of Fate, where you and your teemmates will each be given a permanent power-up: Firepower (permanent death machine), Furious Feet (permanent Lightweight perk and you start every round with at least 3 lightnings), Friendship (permanent chicken), and Fortune and Fortitude (base x2 multiplier, all weapons including tanks and helicopters last twice as long). We further postulate that the best fate combo for two-player DeadOps is Firepower and Fortune and Fortitude.

Section One: Fortune and Fortitude:

The person with Fortune and Fortitude must remain vigilant for tanks and helicopters. If you have Furious Feet and a helicopter pops up on the map, DON’T BE A TROLL AND RUN TO IT! Instead, use those fancy feet to shepherd the horde away from the heli so the Fortune and Fortitude guy can grab it and give everyone a breather.

Section Two: Firepower:

The person with Firepower already has the best weapon in the game. If you have Firepower, feel free to grab Pillars, Wunderwaffe orbs, “Fancy Feet” (the temporary Lightweight perk), turrets, teady bears, monkeys, and especially chickens (another death machine always comes in handy). But, for the love of Cthulhu, DON’T BE A TROLL AND PICK UP ANOTHER DEATH MACHINE! You don’t get double death machine, you don’t get a more powerful death machine; all you accomplish is preventing someone else from killing zombies more efficiently for a short period of time, and possible saving your life. Furthermore, Mr. Firepower, plow the fucking road. You must clear the path so the team can stay mobile and stay alive on the increasingly small maps.

Section Three: Final note about the Fates:

If the person with Friendship picks up a bird, it’s not a terrible loss, because that player gets a second bird and gets it for twice as long as anyone else would have had a single bird.

Article IV: DON’T BE A TROLL!:

There are more than enough zombies and other creatures to kill you without having to worry about doing something stupid and killing yourself, a teammate, or everybody. So here’s a list of Do nots in no particular order to make sure that when you die, it’s not because you’re stupid, but only because you suck.

Section One: Lightning Poles:

Don’t run into lightning poles. They turn red before they turn purple. Once they’re purple they kill you AND zombies on contact. They can be a benefit, but also a detriment. DON’T BE A IDIOT AND RUN INTO LIGHTNING POLES!

Section Two: Catwalks:

Don’t go on the catwalks on the Prison Break map. You will only trap yourself & miss out on drops.

Section Three: The RPG:

DON’T SHOOT RPG AT YOUR TEAMMATES! You will either launch that teammate into a hazard or make them lose their place visually on the map, getting them killed.

Section Four: Flamethrower:

DON’T PICK UP A FLAMETHROWER IF YOUR A TROLL! All it does is not kill zombies and lower your visibility exponentially, making it much easier for you to get killed. The ONLY time you should pick up the flame thrower is to concentrate it on a door way, which will slow zombies spawning from there giving your team a few seconds of freedom.

Section Five: The Cosmic Silverback:

DON’T RUN INTO THE COSMIC SILVERBACK! When he runs out at the end of a level, understand that he has a red shield around him and it can and will kill you if you touch him. That little piece of bronze treasure is not worth a life and is not worth cutting your multiplier in half. Give the ape a wide berth.

Section Six: Helicopters & Tanks:

DON’T HOVER AROUND YOUR TEAM IN A HELI OR A TANK! Use your invincibility to fearlessly shepherd the hordes away from you while your teammates chill on whatever side of the map is safest (be prepared to move around if necessary of course). But if you shoot that tank or heli missiles around your team, they can’t see and they’ll probably die.

Section Seven: Treasure:

DON’T LEAVE A ROUND BEFORE ALL THE TREASURE IS COLLECTED! What, that money is no good to you?

Article V: Miscellaneous:

Obviously we haven’t included every facet of the game, because quite simply nobody here has gotten that far yet. The tips in this manifesto should not be taken as dogmatic truths that cannot be broken. But this should be taken as a good piece of knowledge from two players who have been further in DeadOps than few others could dare to attest to. So if at any point in the future someone thinks something could be added, let us know, we’d be happy to add tips for getting past the dogs, or the Cosmic Silverback himself. ClintSmeastwood and myself play DeadOps at least once a day and rarely, if ever, die before round 40.

Thank you for reading the "The Dead Ops Manifesto" Strategy Guide.

By ClintSmeastwood & RZArazorSHARP20

Finally enjoy this video from Telixion completing Dead Ops by killing the Cosmic Silverback, only to discover the ape has many brothers:

2bV0sv1Zw_s

:twisted: 8-) :twisted:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of it is good, but two flaws:

1. Always use the catwalk on the prison rounds as long as you have at least one buddy. Just sit there and camp by the stairs, one of you shooting down the other up unless you need extra firepower in one direction for a few seconds.

2. When you get the flamethrower, spin around as much as possible! Even though you can't see, the zombies burn almost instantly when they touch your large sphere of fire.

1. Always use the catwalk on the prison rounds as long as you have at least one buddy. Just sit there and camp by the stairs, one of you shooting down the other up unless you need extra firepower in one direction for a few seconds.

2. When you get the flamethrower, spin around as much as possible! Even though you can't see, the zombies burn almost instantly when they touch your large sphere of fire.

Ok well you're wrong on both counts, and I'll tell you why. First, the catwalk on prison break is a terrible idea. Not only do you and your partner (neither of you has Firepower yet, clown, Prison break is round 9-12) not get to any items/treasure/power-ups, but you also corner yourself with little room to move. Second, the fact that I even need to point out how dumb spinning around with the flamethrower is means you're probably one of the idiots who do it. Thanks for trying to help, but these are two terrible pieces of advice.

Ok well you're wrong on both counts, and I'll tell you why. First, the catwalk on prison break is a terrible idea. Not only do you and your partner (neither of you has Firepower yet, clown, Prison break is round 9-12) not get to any items/treasure/power-ups, but you also corner yourself with little room to move. Second, the fact that I even need to point out how dumb spinning around with the flamethrower is means you're probably one of the idiots who do it. Thanks for trying to help, but these are two terrible pieces of advice.

This is correct, in the later rounds fire will do nothing but give zombies a hiding place, and they WILL KILL YOU

This is correct, in the later rounds fire will do nothing but give zombies a hiding place, and they WILL KILL YOU

As far as a guide goes I feel that is correct in saying don't grab the flame thrower. But as long as you keep it concentrated on a door it works very well.

I don't use the flamethrower any later than round 8. In the Prison Break area things start getting more fast-paced and obscuring your vision in such a fast-paced game is a fatal mistake.

And, I agree with almost every word in this guide (there are probably some I don't agree with, but I CBA to go find them :roll: ). It was well thought out and at times quite humourous with you relating every mistake or flaw back to "BEING A TWAT".

But, nooby teammates that do the things in Article IV are precisely why DOA is more enjoyable on solo to me. Occasionally you'll find the one decent player but the other two are always noobs and so the good guy leaves so I can't even shoot him a friend request. Hard times.

As far as a guide goes I feel that is correct in saying don't grab the flame thrower. But as long as you keep it concentrated on a door it works very well.

I agree, if you know what you're doing with it, it's absolutely useful... Thanks for the props Jackyboy, this was co-written with ClintSmeastwood...

lol

Well, both work for me pretty well, and most other people I see online do the same things. When I play the prison rounds the catwalk makes it SO much easier for me to get through, but I can see how the flamethrower would get ineffective in later rounds. Oh, and I know that you don't get the Fate of Firepower until later, I was talking about having the other guy shoot in the same direction as you for a sec so you don't die.

• 5 months later...

I feel like I should receive some sort of honorary moderator status, seeing as how this is stickied and I get asked to play DOA with people 24/7 haha... Btw sorry to anyone who read this and tried to contact me on XBOX, I haven't been playing DOA for a few months, but I'm thinking about getting back into it, get past 80, I've dropped to 65th in the world! Ridiculous. But anyway, soon I'll add some more stuff to this about late round strategies once you get past the first monkey.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

A few more tips:

1. Whoever is green should get Fortune and Fortitude. They are basically a monkey bomb when in a chopper, so that's a free monkey plus they get it for double time. It works fantastically.

2. The first prison break round should all be down low. But the second time around, it's wise to have one runner on the ground and the others in the bottom right hand corner guarding the door upstairs. This keeps it clear for the runner to run and keeps everyone safe.

• 5 weeks later...

A few more tips:

If there is no green player, the blue player then becomes the 'green' player so to speak, and becomes the map monkey bomb when in the chopper. If the blue and green characters are both absent, then the red player is presumed as the 'green' character. The yellow character can never be the map monkey bomb.

Also, dropping life's early in the rounds helps somewhat... but I would not advise any other players to try to do so unless they are planning to take the Furious Feet Fate.

• 1 year later...