Obvious Ascension Hints that We Didnt Notice

METALLICA175

Ok so, when you are onthe Campaign Mission- Executive Order- Look at Frank Woods's arm. He has a tatoo that says "115" and we all know what that means. This is not a coincidence, because in the next mission ("SOG") That tatoo then says- "SOG TOUGH"

Also, i recently got on Zombies and got the Famas out of the box. Richtofen says-

"Ascension... Hehehehehe:D"

and now, on campaign, go to Revelations. Look at your mission goal. It now says "Ascension" instead of numbers.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have prestiege for x360 as well, altough i have no idea why that matters:p

Also, i just watched my bro play executive order. I may be wrong so dont go off about it, but i think it says 115 AND the picture tatoo below it is a gorilla.

I dunno, I just figured there's differences across all the different consoles, and maybe the special edition had some minor in-game differences too besides just the code for the free zombie maps.

Also, i just watched my bro play executive order. I may be wrong so dont go off about it, but i think it says 115 AND the picture tatoo below it is a gorilla.

I dunno, I just figured there's differences across all the different consoles, and maybe the special edition had some minor in-game differences too besides just the code for the free zombie maps.

possibly... 8-)

isnt is tatoo a werewolf??

isnt is tatoo a werewolf??

i couldnt see it clearly. woods never. stopped. moving. DX

Also there's rocket schematics all over kino. The board in PaP has one the board in the five tele room has one, I think there are a few others to but I can't remember.

Its 115 over a picture of a werewolf holding its arms into the sky. Search Frank Woods Tattoo on Google Search and a youtube vid result should come up.

This is cool thing. Maybe it's a clue but i have no idea but it made me think.

When u PaP in FIVE with Robert Mcnamara he says something like: " Get this thing to USMC" something like that.

MAYBE just maybe in Ascension we can play as SOG char's.

My brother had a theory about Ascension when u look on the back cover of the game.

It shows the Rocket, Woods, Hudson, Weaver and i think Mason on the bottom images.

This is cool thing. Maybe it's a clue but i have no idea but it made me think.

When u PaP in FIVE with Robert Mcnamara he says something like: " Get this thing to USMC" something like that.

MAYBE just maybe in Ascension we can play as SOG char's.

My brother had a theory about Ascension when u look on the back cover of the game.

It shows the Rocket, Woods, Hudson, Weaver and i think Mason on the bottom images.

Now that, aside from Reznov,Nevski, Dimitri, and the other dude, would be awesomesauce.

Ok so, when you are onthe Campaign Mission- Executive Order- Look at Frank Woods's arm. He has a tatoo that says "115" and we all know what that means. This is not a coincidence, because in the next mission ("SOG") That tatoo then says- "SOG TOUGH"

Also, i recently got on Zombies and got the Famas out of the box. Richtofen says-

and now, on campaign, go to Revelations. Look at your mission goal. It now says "Ascension" instead of numbers.

115 is on his arm in all of his missions except for SOG and Operation 40.

Sorry to burst your bubble but...

The references of 'Ascension' in game, were NOT clues to the map.

The map is NAMED AFTER the references, because 'Ascension' is not a place. It's a name of a map..

Take for example, the use of the word 'Ascension' before the codes.

The terminals say that this word reflects the subject of the code, whether it is a command or information.

It was not about the map at all.

___

Think of it like this....

Imagine a code word 'pigeon poop' before a message, which told it's readers that the message is for

a particular person.

Maybe 'pigeon poop' is code name for 'Seargent Donald'

Anyway, in a video game featuring this system, it's very probable they'd name the map 'pigeon poop (well not

exactly, but you get it).

___

Take NDU for example

"Night of the living Dead"

it's a title, not a place.

____

.. I rambled

Ascension group were nazis working on top secret stuff, sort of like americas area 51, there mentioned in the story as the russians used their reserch to brainwash mason. but that famas one is a definite hint!

Sorry to burst your bubble but...

The references of 'Ascension' in game, were NOT clues to the map.

The map is NAMED AFTER the references, because 'Ascension' is not a place. It's a name of a map..

Take for example, the use of the word 'Ascension' before the codes.

The terminals say that this word reflects the subject of the code, whether it is a command or information.

It was not about the map at all.

___

Think of it like this....

Imagine a code word 'pigeon poop' before a message, which told it's readers that the message is for

a particular person.

Maybe 'pigeon poop' is code name for 'Seargent Donald'

Anyway, in a video game featuring this system, it's very probable they'd name the map 'pigeon poop (well not

exactly, but you get it).

___

Take NDU for example

"Night of the living Dead"

it's a title, not a place.......

could I just continue you ended sentence.......It's a time!!!

This actually made me so frustrated i had a rant on a post:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5547

ill write it here as well

There is no link, well not in that way.

Ascension in the campaign links to the infamous nazi experiments and how the Russians used them to evolve the sleeper cell numbers, so mason keeps hearing them.

Ascension in zombies is a map about the russians taking nazi work to make weapons from 115 and accidentally (or on purpous), make zombies too.

So there is a link, but when i hear people say, or find on CoD Wiki:

Quote:

The map's name could be a reference to a number of things:

1 The Ascension group of Nazi scientists featured in Executive Order.

2 The writing on the wall in Nacht der Untoten, "You must Ascend From Darkness."

3 When the film reel shows Mason in the crowd on the day of John F. Kennedy's assassination at the end of the campaign, Mason says "Ascension".

4 At the beginning of the numbers broadcast, it says Ascension, then the numbers that follow it.

Yes, the first one is right, the famous group of nazis working on the SPACE RACE and has NOTHING TO DO WITH MASON...

while nazis working on the SPACE RACE in a russian SPACE FACILITY sounds plausible... its just that I heard some poeple on this site and other sites saying:

"oh ascension means mason was in the map and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

"oh ascension means jfk was at the site and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

"oh ascension means Reznov was in the map and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

"oh ascension means Dragovich was in the map and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

etc

no.

the ascension group were like NASA for the russians, and as i put on the wiki:

However all of these points are most likely to be referencing the infamous nazi group codename which the russians are meant to have copied in the campaign to design the number broadcasts in Black Ops.

and funnily also this when looking around:

Annother reference in the story is Ascension Island, where the Americans used as a NASA lauch facility and the British as a base of operations in the falklands war.

Heh, what a random coincidence, its like a mid point between rebirth and ascension

the whole point i wanted to say was:

WHEN DIFFERENT STORIES LINK FROM THE SAME SOURCE IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE RELATED EXACTLY

they are related from the same source (the ascension group) but that does not ergo to mean that Mason, reznov, Dragovich or anyone else is related. Or that they are related in any way to the PLOT of the campaign, i mean nazi zombies in WaW was using the map from airfield but that doesn't mean there related!

Just to let you know, Captain america was made in the marvel comics from operation 'rebirth' in WW2 on the rebirth island using radioactive super serum..

so when they make the film in 2011 don't complaiun when these same HL style people try to link Zombies to the Captain America film!