Ideas for Site Podcast

Covert Gunman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is a list of the items of discussion we have so far. Please feel free to post your ideas below and we'll take it into consideration.

Podcast Ideas

· Participants Confirmed: CovertGunman, Strwrsbob, Lissa110 and Undeadwolfy. Unconfirmed: Mikeh12.

· Decide on title for podcast (“Chaos Drop Zone” brought up).

· Agree on a specific day and time in order to record the podcasts.

· Only well established members may take part.

· Weekly episodes (named episodes would be better than dated)

· Not solely based around “Call of Duty Zombies” aspect. Will also include other gaming news segments and opinions regarding this.

· Sound effects (soundboard/soundcart) and graphics (logo’s, advertising promotion and such) will be needed

· Try to advertise the cast in as many places as possible. (Stitcher,PodBean, iTunes)

· MUST BE FUNNY. If the podcast is too boring, serious or based too heavily on zombies, we will lose and/or repel potential subscribers.

Im glad to help any way I can! I unfortunatly have no experance making a podcast though. Im willing to learn. I do like the name. I also think it is a good idea to not only talk zombies and getting it out there that we have a podcast. Were we going to do an introductory podcast to introduce ourselves?

Yup. There needs to be alot of planning that can actually happen. We need to decide on the segments and ordering and such. This will need to be addressed in another "meeting". When are people free?

Off Topic: Any chance that when the podcast is up and running, we can get some "Podcast Host" userbars? Shiny ones? :o

I know I'm very much a newbie here...but I can contribute anything needed. I no longer have equipment or software for actual podcast making, but I am in my last semester before receiving my MA in English. I am also published in English Teaching magazines that only teachers and nerds read. I can contribute writing and editing services if needed.

I have experience writing for all sorts of Genre's, including podcasts, and offer any assistance with technical writing, flow, and structure if you like. If not, I do look forward to a pocast like this...I can't often find subjects in podcasts that I appreciate!

Sorry, only "well established members" may take part as the hosts of the show. You're welcome to contribute to any advertising material, sounds or graphics for the podcast though. Have a look on the first page of this thread. There are a few bullet-points I posted which need to be addressed.

Do I count as well-established? I've made many allies and no nemesis while on this site, plus I donated. I also have a Skype. Whenwherewhy606 is my Skype Name.

not trying to put a downer on anything, but i personally think its a bit too early to start recording this weekend. Theres stil alot we need to organise.

If its going to be just an introductory episode and you wont be planning another episode till a later given date, it may be okay. We'll need to address all if not most of the bullet points we compiled. But this is just my opinion.

okay if thats the case, two things need to be addressed.

1. Who will be responsible for editing? (shortening the cast, beeping any cussing if thats what you want)

2. Release date. Of course if you record this weekend after editing it may not be out the same day. If you plan to release on a different day, it would be better if it was consistent with every weekly cast.

[edit] btw, I found some "royalty free" music that we can use in the background of the cast. I think its nice up beat and will hopefully increase the comedic factor in the episodes. It can be played quietly in the background faded out so our voices are heard more of course.

http://www.danosongs.com/music/danosong ... mpbump.mp3

The website is http://www.danosongs.com