Ghost. (formally I am done thread)

Legend

im with u legend im sick of this but what bugs me more is your a ghilli i always do this hurray free kill that guys got a sniper but it seems to have died down a lil on ps3 and i noticed u took my addvice well not really advice but whatever :roll: and put the part were reznov actually says "my name is reznoz and i will have my revenge"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if anyone mention this new to him but the 8 killstreak you mentioned i assume is the blackbird which Ghost also makes you invisible to. sorry but someone had to say it :facepalm:

No.. Ghost nor Ghost Pro does NOT make you invisible to the Blackbird..

I wouldn't care for ghost, if it would be placed in a better Perk Position.

I think if it was in like Perk 2 slot, replacing it with Scout, it would be WAY better.

They'd have to give up their SoH or Warlord.

Looking at it now, I think the Perk 3 slot would be EVEN better, they'd have to give up:

Tac Mask

Ninja

Marathon

Second Chance

AND Hacker.

I'm thinking we replace Ghost with Tac Mask.

Tac Mask would be an easy enough Character Feature, just a simple Gas Mask or full on Nova Suit from the SP.

Just my thoughts. :)

There's a variety of ways to take out a camper.

You could always use your own ghost class to sneak around (as that's what i use it for) and get him from his blind spot. There is NO camping spot in the game that doesn't have a blind spot. (As in, i have not seen one yet) It is recommended to use hacker to check for any claymores or motion sensors.

Another tactic is to go for the complete rush with marathon and lightweight. Throw any tactical grenade at them to distract or disorient him and rush with practically any gun.

The last, which isn't used very often, is to have a teammate be used as bait as you try and take the shot from afar.

Obviously, there is no 100% solution to anything as there other variables involved. But if you're trying the same thing over and over again, change up your playing style to match the community's. The community is constantly changing, so playing a game of MW2 a month after release is a WHOLE lot different than if you played it a month before Black Ops came out.

thing is though you say change you play style to that of the community but if change to be like the community you'll spend your whole time sitting in a corner with an ak74u (i still believe it way to overpowered) using ghost and having no fun

thing is though you say change you play style to that of the community but if change to be like the community you'll spend your whole time sitting in a corner with an ak74u (i still believe it way to overpowered) using ghost and having no fun

Use correct grammar. Your argument is stupid enough. Why would he follow what everyone else is doing? He is trying to find a counter to the strategy. :facepalm:

There's a variety of ways to take out a camper.

You could always use your own ghost class to sneak around (as that's what i use it for) and get him from his blind spot. There is NO camping spot in the game that doesn't have a blind spot. (As in, i have not seen one yet) It is recommended to use hacker to check for any claymores or motion sensors.

Another tactic is to go for the complete rush with marathon and lightweight. Throw any tactical grenade at them to distract or disorient him and rush with practically any gun.

The last, which isn't used very often, is to have a teammate be used as bait as you try and take the shot from afar.

Obviously, there is no 100% solution to anything as there other variables involved. But if you're trying the same thing over and over again, change up your playing style to match the community's. The community is constantly changing, so playing a game of MW2 a month after release is a WHOLE lot different than if you played it a month before Black Ops came out.

You misunderstand, what i'm trying to say is that you need to change with the community, not mimic it. If everybody suddenly starts using the same gun, camping, or using the same perks, use your head to figure out a solution to the problem. If neither you, nor anybody else can find a solution to a specific gun, perk, or camping spot, you may deem it overpowered.

Use correct grammar. Your argument is stupid enough. Why would he follow what everyone else is doing? He is trying to find a counter to the strategy. :facepalm:

Thank you sir [brains]

No it is not a joke thread, but I am serious, Ghost has became a problem, I dont care about Quickscoping, Or Hardline. It has ruined a true essence of the game, the only counter is an 8 Killstreak which you can no longer get unless you are camp with Ghost/Silencer. But knowing me, I will still play, and I wont enjoy, but im serious.

there is definately another counter.... its called watching where your going/flashbang.

im glad stopping power is gone though, no more dying without noticing you were even shot. i do agree that if anything WE killed COD, especially with the tryhards obsessing over youtube. but dont get pissed because you dont get twenty kills and one death like you did in MW2, you should actually be glad that no one can do that. if anything, camping is a strategy that is EXTREMELY easy to counter (avoid rooms, dumbass), and you shouldnt be whining about that if anything. ghost is not a bad perk because, oh god, you cant see them on radar anymore :facepalm: . I mean since when is that such a terrible perk???? just avoid obvious camp areas and use LOTS of decoys/explosives/flashbangs. I doubt there will ever be another COD game we will enjoy as much as we did COD4, but COD is still among the best shooters out there. I for one will cherish this title for certain, but i might put it down for a while after killzone 3 comes out :D

I do now realize that this forum was the improper place to post my rant, and I am sorry for that or any other inconvenience. But I find Barebones to be a little more enjoyable, thanks for not going total Ape **** on me guys.

P.S. I Love Hardcore, and this is my last attempt to let this thread go and die.

I don't mean to be rude, but are you really going to complain about it? I mean honestly, this just shows that people on Call of Duty can never be satisfied. Modern Warfare 2 was the most broken game ever, there were hackers and modders in every lobby, prestiges were being hacked, glitches on every map, leaderboards hacked, the guns were so un-even, the perks were retarded and you could shoot a riot shield directly without the person holding it dying, you could sprint across half the map with commando and knife someone from 50 feet away, the game was such a fail compared to the past Call of Duties, and people gave InfinityWard hell about it, but the point is Treyarch FIXED All of that, like 96% of the game is just outstanding and amazing, the only 4% wrong would be Ghost (You can use a blackbird by the way) and the combat training glitch, Treyarch has done such a good job at this and done a way better job than IW at their game, and here you are... still complaining about ONE thing in the game you don't agree with, when Treyarch just fixed the other 5,000 problems that IW wouldn't. Congratulations, you don't deserve your copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

I don't mean to be rude, but are you really going to complain about it? I mean honestly, this just shows that people on Call of Duty can never be satisfied. Modern Warfare 2 was the most broken game ever, there were hackers and modders in every lobby, prestiges were being hacked, glitches on every map, leaderboards hacked, the guns were so un-even, the perks were retarded and you could shoot a riot shield directly without the person holding it dying, you could sprint across half the map with commando and knife someone from 50 feet away, the game was such a fail compared to the past Call of Duties, and people gave InfinityWard hell about it, but the point is Treyarch FIXED All of that, like 96% of the game is just outstanding and amazing, the only 4% wrong would be Ghost (You can use a blackbird by the way) and the combat training glitch, Treyarch has done such a good job at this and done a way better job than IW at their game, and here you are... still complaining about ONE thing in the game you don't agree with, when Treyarch just fixed the other 5,000 problems that IW wouldn't. Congratulations, you don't deserve your copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

:facepalm: . That was the purpose of the Riot Shield, to deflect bullets. You can commando knife with the Ballistic knife. Hacks are already getting around on BO. He isn't wrong for stating problems, despite the fact he didn't mention a problem. By stating problems he creates a better game because Treyarch will look and say "Oh there's a problem. We'll go fix it." and then the game becomes better for all of us.

:facepalm: . That was the purpose of the Riot Shield, to deflect bullets. You can commando knife with the Ballistic knife. Hacks are already getting around on BO. He isn't wrong for stating problems, despite the fact he didn't mention a problem. By stating problems he creates a better game because Treyarch will look and say "Oh there's a problem. We'll go fix it." and then the game becomes better for all of us.

actually the ballistic knife has the same lunge distance, there are multiple videos on youtube demenstrating this and if it comes to it i suppose i will embed one, the only difference is the recovery time and speed at which it knifes (and the fact it shoots a knife lol). the riot shield got unbelievably annoying in MW2 and was one of the reasons i cudnt play S&D... altho the ghost perk is also ungodly annoying to some i have not had much of a problem with it, that said i do admire this persons courage to post this, as there are some people that seem to have a negative outlook on everything/body...

actually the ballistic knife has the same lunge distance, there are multiple videos on youtube demenstrating this and if it comes to it i suppose i will embed one, the only difference is the recovery time and speed at which it knifes (and the fact it shoots a knife lol). the riot shield got unbelievably annoying in MW2 and was one of the reasons i cudnt play S&D... altho the ghost perk is also ungodly annoying to some i have not had much of a problem with it, that said i do admire this persons courage to post this, as there are some people that seem to have a negative outlook on everything/body...

How could the riot shield be annoying? All you have to do is flash them and shoot at their feet. On hardcore in MW2 everyone used silenced weapons, with cold blooded. Killstreaks were almost useless.

How could the riot shield be annoying? All you have to do is flash them and shoot at their feet. On hardcore in MW2 everyone used silenced weapons, with cold blooded. Killstreaks were almost useless.

The riot shield is annoying in mw2. Why you might ask maybe because it never broke! Bullet-proof glass maybe bullet-proof but only to a 9mm and that's it if a riot shield took a 50cal shot the guy behind it would have no abdomen. I would have easily found a video for it but all i got on utube AND google was mw2 bullsh*t. Back to topic i do not agree how about using a blackbird? Its not hard i actually find getting kill streaks on Black Ops easier than mw2.

The riot shield is annoying in mw2. Why you might ask maybe because it never broke! Bullet-proof glass maybe bullet-proof but only to a 9mm and that's it if a riot shield took a 50cal shot the guy behind it would have no abdomen. I would have easily found a video for it but all i got on utube AND google was mw2 bullsh*t. Back to topic i do not agree how about using a blackbird? Its not hard i actually find getting kill streaks on Black Ops easier than mw2.

If the riot shield broke then the person using wouldn't have a weapon. The riot shield is really hard to use because the slightest movement can kill you and you can become blindedw by bullet holes wich makes it useless. Realism would ruin CoD. If realism was added, we would all have to aim above where we want to shoot, snipers must take account for wing, gravity, bullet spin, and the chorales effect, knifes of any kind and the Tomahawk would be useless, Perks wouldn't exist, real military riot shield are metal and only have a small slit to look through, guns would randomly jam, there would be no custom classes and the classes available depend on your team, you can survive shots depending on where they are(my grandfather was shot 18 times, one time in the neck, how annoying would that be?), Snipers must be mounted and prone or suffer from extreme sway, the minimap would only be a map and not point out locations of enemies with out a spy plane, dogs would have an extremely tough time killing people, no more health regeneration, you can never use kill streaks that you control (chopper gunner, gunship), You only have one life in every match, and you can go def from a single grenade. Does realism still sound like a good idea to you?

If the riot shield broke then the person using wouldn't have a weapon. The riot shield is really hard to use because the slightest movement can kill you and you can become blindedw by bullet holes wich makes it useless. Realism would ruin CoD. If realism was added, we would all have to aim above where we want to shoot, snipers must take account for wing, gravity, bullet spin, and the chorales effect, knifes of any kind and the Tomahawk would be useless, Perks wouldn't exist, real military riot shield are metal and only have a small slit to look through, guns would randomly jam, there would be no custom classes and the classes available depend on your team, you can survive shots depending on where they are(my grandfather was shot 18 times, one time in the neck, how annoying would that be?), Snipers must be mounted and prone or suffer from extreme sway, the minimap would only be a map and not point out locations of enemies with out a spy plane, dogs would have an extremely tough time killing people, no more health regeneration, you can never use kill streaks that you control (chopper gunner, gunship), You only have one life in every match, and you can go def from a single grenade. Does realism still sound like a good idea to you?

Ya it does i like realism. I'm not saying every game has to be realistic but If they could be they wouldn't be as realistic as that. Anyways if i want some sort of realism I can just go play Battlefield or Operation Flashpoint.

OT but have you ever agreed with somebody's suggestion or said good opinion? i would honestly love a link, btw who is that in ur avatar?

OT but have you ever agreed with somebody's suggestion or said good opinion? i would honestly love a link, btw who is that in ur avatar?

It is Ike Eisenhower when he was general.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4166

Me agreeing with WhosOnFirst about quick scoping.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4060

Explaining the storyline to new member

There was this member I spoke with before about GkNova6. We tried to find something by doing TFAs on the tape that carbon got. We found nothing.

It is Ike Eisenhower when he was general.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4166

Me agreeing with WhosOnFirst about quick scoping.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4060

Explaining the storyline to new member

There was this member I spoke with before about GkNova6. We tried to find something by doing TFAs on the tape that carbon got. We found nothing.

ya i dont see you agring with any1 (srry im typing bad its 5 am n i stayed up 2 days in a row

I dont find ghost to be a huge problem, but it is overused. I wish the pro version only made your name not pop up or something like that. Personally, i use ghost, but thats because its so good. Just like stopping power. Its not overpowered, or annoying. Its just something that will put you at a big disadvantage over someone whos using it, if your not using it. Again, like stopping power. They really cant tweak it at this point in the game, but your just going to have to use Killstreaks that still effect ghost users. Use

RC-XD, Counter Spy Plane, SAM turret, Napalm Strike, Rolling Thunder, Mortar Team, Blackbird, or Dogs.

I dont find ghost to be a huge problem, but it is overused. I wish the pro version only made your name not pop up or something like that. Personally, i use ghost, but thats because its so good. Just like stopping power. Its not overpowered, or annoying. Its just something that will put you at a big disadvantage over someone whos using it, if your not using it. Again, like stopping power. They really cant tweak it at this point in the game, but your just going to have to use Killstreaks that still effect ghost users. Use

RC-XD, Counter Spy Plane, SAM turret, Napalm Strike, Rolling Thunder, Mortar Team, Blackbird, or Dogs.

it is overpowered if your at a dis-advantage for not using it, IMO.