Ghost. (formally I am done thread)

Legend

I am sorry, for my rant here is a post I made just a few ago:

I see all of your points now, to come to one final conclusion:

Ghost is not overpowered, it is fine, and so are all of the other 1st tier perks, earlier today I found how helpful some of them are.

Lightweight Pro - Extremely helpful, no fall damage.

Hardline Pro - More helpful for when you are at those higher kill streaks.

Flack Jacket - Perfect for nuketown(RC's, and grenades everywhere)

Ghost - It is just abused, great for when your team is getting owned, and you try to bring it back up a little.

Next order of business, Add flares to the Chopper Gunner! I dont even get the door open all the wall.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot play this game to any extent without getting killed by a corner camper with Ghost/Silencer.

This game is seriously broken, and until they do something about ghost, I refuse to play any CoD title. I would rather have stopping power back at this point.

So for now, I am done with CoD.

Or you could just not rely entirely on your rader. If you want, you could play Hardcore where it hardly matters.

No it is not a joke thread, but I am serious, Ghost has became a problem, I dont care about Quickscoping, Or Hardline. It has ruined a true essence of the game, the only counter is an 8 Killstreak which you can no longer get unless you are camp with Ghost/Silencer. But knowing me, I will still play, and I wont enjoy, but im serious.

You know what i will give you brains my friend because i like how you actually speak up instead of agreeing with everyone else

I'm with you

I'm also tired of those people and right now i'm not playing black ops because the connection is just horrible but you are a person i respect

you are the leader instead of the follower.

You are complaining about a perk that is meant to hide you. What is wrong with people being stealthy. Maybe Treyarch should remove all game modes but pure team death match and only allow us to use M1911. That way there won't be anything to complain about.

people will complain about how little there is to do in the game :|

This is exactly what happened too danger close... In cod 4 no1 used danger close so every1 was ok with it. Then in mw2 people used it even more for some reason I cant remember.

And then everybody started complaining about it.

Me myself used ghost pretty much but only becouse I always got killed from attack helicopters.

I sometimes rely to much on the radar and then some guy with ghost comes up from nowhere and kills me but that is my own fault.

Well the perk is being overused. There used to be a sacrifice when using a stealth class. You gave up stopping power, and your silenced weapon did less damage. So it was a fair trade. now you trade off for, Hardline(oo a early killstreak) ,Lightwieght(Run Faster) , Flack Jacket (Not really a 1st perk) and scavenger(yay, extra ammo). You get those, or a complete stealth class where nobody will know where you are, and you can sit there the whole game.

It sounds like you can't handle the competition and wish that the developers would alter the game to benefit your playing style. The chance that Treyarch is going to remove the perk that allows players to play the game without being automatically located by spy planes and blackbirds is far less than locating the holy grail. You might as well sell your copy of the game, because Ghost is absolutely here to stay. The game has a variety of playing styles...just because you want to piss and moan about it doesn't mean you should make a thread about it. I use Ghost on every one of my classes, because why should the enemy just know my exact location at any given time? I maintain a combination of rushing and camping, but to no preference of either one. I change my playing style based on the enemy; so maybe you should too. Try looking all around you before you walk into a room and looking for campers when its an issue...instead of sprinting senselessly all over the map and getting mad about the quality of gameplay. I usually get campers to change classes because I adapt to their playing style.

OG RJ

Basically, your saying that becuase something is popluar, its Overpowered?

I use ghost only to take down the chopper gunners and gunships

also stopping power was very popular in mw2 due to the ability to replenish your n00b tube, and w/ the perk, you are almost garanted a kill, since there was no flab jacket.

There's a variety of ways to take out a camper.

You could always use your own ghost class to sneak around (as that's what i use it for) and get him from his blind spot. There is NO camping spot in the game that doesn't have a blind spot. (As in, i have not seen one yet) It is recommended to use hacker to check for any claymores or motion sensors.

Another tactic is to go for the complete rush with marathon and lightweight. Throw any tactical grenade at them to distract or disorient him and rush with practically any gun.

The last, which isn't used very often, is to have a teammate be used as bait as you try and take the shot from afar.

Obviously, there is no 100% solution to anything as there other variables involved. But if you're trying the same thing over and over again, change up your playing style to match the community's. The community is constantly changing, so playing a game of MW2 a month after release is a WHOLE lot different than if you played it a month before Black Ops came out.

I am not saying it is overpowered, I never thought the choice to remove stopping power would have such a 'negative' effect. I am not mad at just Treyarch, back in CoD 4 the game was not about your KDR, or getting those Killstreaks, it was about fun. Since MW2 came out, all of those core vales were lost, and that is why I am never buying a CoD game again, the core values are lost, people would rather get a blackbird than win a game, they would rather jump and do 360's off a building than the objective. No developer ruined the game, we ruined the game, and YouTube ruined the game, if there was no YouTube, would there be so many Quickscopers? No. and Bla Bla Bla, campers, KDR all YouTubes negative effects on the CoD franchise. I am a competitive gamer, but I cant have fun being paranoid of walking into a building in my spawn and having to worry a claymore and silencer is waiting for me. Knowing me, I will give it a chance today, and that is that.

wow really..diff perks diff ways of playing..

if you dont like the perks and rely on the radar the whole time.. you are exactly ONE of the reasons TREYARCH MADE BAREBONES!!!! YESS.. there is alot of other players in there just winning the game.no killstreaks no perks. Soo quit whining about 1 perk and adapt or go play some BareBones!! gday

I am not saying it is overpowered, I never thought the choice to remove stopping power would have such a 'negative' effect. I am not mad at just Treyarch, back in CoD 4 the game was not about your KDR, or getting those Killstreaks, it was about fun. Since MW2 came out, all of those core vales were lost, and that is why I am never buying a CoD game again, the core values are lost, people would rather get a blackbird than win a game, they would rather jump and do 360's off a building than the objective. No developer ruined the game, we ruined the game, and YouTube ruined the game, if there was no YouTube, would there be so many Quickscopers? No. and Bla Bla Bla, campers, KDR all YouTubes negative effects on the CoD franchise. I am a competitive gamer, but I cant have fun being paranoid of walking into a building in my spawn and having to worry a claymore and silencer is waiting for me. Knowing me, I will give it a chance today, and that is that.

Hey Buddy......if your getting frustrated my corner campers with ghost then just AVOID them and get on with the game.All of the CoD's were about fun, people find quickscoping and 360's off of buildings very fun.The people on youtube are just entertaining their fans and having fun. Some people (YOU) play too competively and get no fun out of it since your so try hard. And Ghost is meant to be like that,sure the campers are annoying, but just deal with it and move on.