The True identity of the Thief!

Anti Earth

I second that!

FIVE IS RETARDED

Let's end the rambling now, and keep this as an adequate theory then...

For the people who acknowledge all this evidance, and realise the thief is the pentagon...

- That's okay. We know more about the game them then. Yey

For the people who are still aimlessly expressing their doubt...

- Forget about it. Don't believe it then. Maybe Treyarch will confirm EVEN MORE for you one day!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the wall of text in advance.

I'm not gonna believe any notion of who the pentagon thief is, for the simple fact, he may not be THAT important of a role in the first place. He teleports in(seen it happen; he comes in through the middle teleporter in the basement, the same one he leaves out of.), tries to take your gun, and then leaves. Yes, he may be a bigger part of the storyline than I think, but I highly doubt that the theif is someone from the campaign; for why would the first person from the campaign included in Zombies play such a small role? And a previous statement of Clarke getting shot in the head is TRUE. You may see zombies running around without a head in COD, but sadly this is nothing more than a glitch. I mean, c'mon, if you take off a zombies head, it still follows you around PERFECTLY. How does the zombie even know where you are with no ears, eyes, or nose. Does it feel vibrations in it's feet. No! And how are you going to say that a zombie needing it's brain to survive is something made up. Have you never played a zombie game besides CoD Zombies? Cause if you have you'd know that that statement is in fact true, and proven in pretty any zombie related material. Look up "zombie" on wikipidia; clearly states a zombie need at least a small portion of it's brain stem INTACT for it to survive. Heh it's funny how you turn the smallest bits of information into this giant controversy. Until I see the Pentagon Thief later on in zombie storyline, he's nothing more than a scientist with reused equation textures placed all over his body.

Sorry for the wall of text in advance.

I'm not gonna believe any notion of who the pentagon thief is, for the simple fact, he may not be THAT important of a role in the first place. He teleports in(seen it happen; he comes in through the middle teleporter in the basement, the same one he leaves out of.), tries to take your gun, and then leaves. Yes, he may be a bigger part of the storyline than I think, but I highly doubt that the theif is someone from the campaign; for why would the first person from the campaign included in Zombies play such a small role? And a previous statement of Clarke getting shot in the head is TRUE. You may see zombies running around without a head in COD, but sadly this is nothing more than a glitch. I mean, c'mon, if you take off a zombies head, it still follows you around PERFECTLY. How does the zombie even know where you are with no ears, eyes, or nose. Does it feel vibrations in it's feet. No! And how are you going to say that a zombie needing it's brain to survive is something made up. Have you never played a zombie game besides CoD Zombies? Cause if you have you'd know that that statement is in fact true, and proven in pretty any zombie related material. Look up "zombie" on wikipidia; clearly states a zombie need at least a small portion of it's brain stem INTACT for it to survive. Heh it's funny how you turn the smallest bits of information into this giant controversy. Until I see the Pentagon Thief later on in zombie storyline, he's nothing more than a scientist with reused equation textures placed all over his body.

Headless zombies aren't a glitch. On the terminal on the dreamland server, there are documents that show this. It says "This is a writing on slip of paper found at the Verruckt location. The man seems to have gone insane and has written many limericks". The intro to the many documents that show a limerick. One says specifically "He has no head but yet, he still tries to choke me". I believe the same about the scientist though.

So you are saying that this

Turns into this

Just a few things.

How/where did he get the glasses?

Where is the lack of bullet wound to the head?

How did he get from China to the US, dead?

If he was at the Pentagon, and he is killed by Kennedy, Macnamera, Castro, and Nixon, while being the scientist, how does he make it to China, to get beaten, and then shot?

1)- They're NOT glasses, they're GOGGLES.

They're for protection during lab experiments, because THEY ARE BOTH SCIENTISTS

2) - Your second question doesn't make sense.

The "lack of the bullet wound" is everywhere...

but that's what you want to hear anyway.

3) - Bro, it's called re-animation and teleportation.

WEIRD CONCEPT HEY?

Except the game is ENVELOPED in it...

4) - Have you noticed that when YOU KILL THE THIEF.... HE COMES BACK?

GAH Guys, think before you post!

:shock: :shock: this topic seems to rattle all of your cages its not a factual theory and i dont have an opinion on it, its a working theory not a set in stone or as a law, all hes done is hypothesize the theifs identity and if you dont have any factual evidence to show an opposing side its kinda lame to just base it off your beliefs and ideology, because this makes a weak argument and is why he keeps shutting you down every-time you post , show some factual counter data to his side then i personally would take you more seriously (for those who have i apologize)

do some research , set up a theory and present it with data and im sure that he'd be a lot more laxed toward your ideas

:facepalm:

So you are saying that this

Turns into this

Just a few things.

How/where did he get the glasses?

Where is the lack of bullet wound to the head?

How did he get from China to the US, dead?

If he was at the Pentagon, and he is killed by Kennedy, Macnamera, Castro, and Nixon, while being the scientist, how does he make it to China, to get beaten, and then shot?

1)- They're NOT glasses, they're GOGGLES.

They're for protection during lab experiments, because THEY ARE BOTH SCIENTISTS

2) - Your second question doesn't make sense.

The "lack of the bullet wound" is everywhere...

but that's what you want to hear anyway.

3) - Bro, it's called re-animation and teleportation.

WEIRD CONCEPT HEY?

Except the game is ENVELOPED in it...

4) - Have you noticed that when YOU KILL THE THIEF.... HE COMES BACK?

GAH Guys, think before you post!

Have you noticed that it is possible(with hacks though) to kill more zombies than people that can be fit onto the surface area of the Earth? Both Reznov and Roebuck were sergeants. OMG! They're the same person! /sarcasm

Five has too take place after the Kennedy assassination if I'm right about the dates. How can you say Five is retarded and then still defend your theory? Five may just be a test map for Treyarch so they know what to put into other maps.

@commander...

You look a long time to say nothing there...

@Mako...

How fustrating is it?

They have no evidance at all, just strong doubt!

Guys, I don't really care how 'it just doesn't seem right' to you.

You've got no reason to not accept it.

Just go away if you don't believe it, god damn!

Apologizing for wall of text. :oops:

The Thief is pretty weird, but the more I think about it, the more I'm afraid that he's just something... random almost... to give the players a challenge. :/ I think there might be something behind him, a back story or reason, but I'm not sure if it will shed as much light on him. He doesn't necessarily need to work there, instead he could be teleporting from the outside, maybe even a different time. I also think that the Thief probably just uses the same character model as Clarke, just like our main zombie characters re-used character models from WaW. At the same time, I think the Thief is his own, independant character, with almost no connections to the Campaign. The resemblance is uncanny though, and I not going to give up on this theory just yet.

Then again Five could even be non-canon, maybe just a testing grounds of sorts for Treyarch to see what they can do and how the players feel about different things like teleporters and characters. (Though that would be really disappointing)

-XIII

Reused Textures; that's all it is. The Pentagon Thief is his own being, and NOT somebody from the campaign, but simply BASED off of features from someone from the campaign. Just like everyone else that matters in Zombies. The four main heroes are based off of others in the campaign, doesn't mean they're FROM the campaign! If you actually come up with some actual hard evidence besides matching numbers(reused textures) and the fact they're both scientists, then I might actually take this into consideration. But the fact you're trying to make me believe this guy, who if he is who you say he is looks like he aged 20 years within a 10 year time span, is pretty farfetched.

I guess you have completed missed the time-travel theme in the game then....

How can he be younger, later in life? :facepalm:

This is a post made in a thread I made that should clear things up for you.

We know for a fact that time travel is now involved in the storyline but, I do not believe that it will time travel in the traditional sense, as in being able to freely travel to any time period. Instead it will only allow the users to move forward but still not in the traditional idea. We know the time travel was caused by the teleporter being overloaded by the DG-2 which means the apparent time travel that the characters experienced was glitch in the teleporter systems. I believe the time travel happened because the teleporter instead of dropping them off at the nearest teleporter had sent them to every teleporter that had existed and kept going in a circle of the teleporters till the energy finally ran out leaving them in Kino where they finally came into a conscious state. To simplify it should be thought of in the same way as people who freeze themselves after dieing or nearing death so they can be unfrozen in the future when there is a cure.

Okay.

If anybody has got any evidance to why the Thief ISN'T Clarke, feel welcome to share it.

DOUBT IS NOT EVIDANCE

Saying "how does the chronologicality work?" IS NOT EVIDANCE

It's called fuel for doubt, so go away

The burden of truth falls on you. That is a hole in your evidence wich is a valid arguement. Don't shut out things that disagree with you. Dates are also real evidence. In a courtroom if the accused says they can't be at the scene of the crime because they were somewhere else on that date then he is innocent. They don't throw out that fact.

personally commander, earth has a point you've repeatedly made attempts to argue your view on the subject but in all truth ... we dont care. now if you would provide evidence to another theory as to who the thief could be you'd be a welcome argument but as you keep up with doubts and misconcepting themes it just lags the topic from really getting anywhere, i am not saying earth is right in the argument but at least he has sources to back his theory, spouting off nonsense and biased thoughts will get this nowhere -sighs- now do you have any ideas as to who the thief could be ? maybe give us a history of them and their background and how it could pertail to all the evidence earth has brought

and im not just picking commander this goes for alot of the people who are posting. now i like to remain neutral untill i have a good idea of the topic but this is getting ridiculous. your arguements hold little ground

now earth could real back on the attitude and he'd also get less replys on it (or maybe thats his plan...?)

no my opinion is it is a reused character but thats just me, if the story has an validity it would be nice to think who the thief is and what his background is because so far its vicarious

-cough- im sorry for the rant but its just been bugging me throughout this argument, how some people come up with posts that they haven't considered other ideas or they post to be argumentative without a cause or info

so PLEASE get a counter theory to earth's with some data and I'd be happy back you up :D

personally commander, earth has a point you've repeatedly made attempts to argue your view on the subject but in all truth ... we dont care. now if you would provide evidence to another theory as to who the thief could be you'd be a welcome argument but as you keep up with doubts and misconcepting themes it just lags the topic from really getting anywhere, i am not saying earth is right in the argument but at least he has sources to back his theory, spouting off nonsense and biased thoughts will get this nowhere -sighs- now do you have any ideas as to who the thief could be ? maybe give us a history of them and their background and how it could pertail to all the evidence earth has brought

and im not just picking commander this goes for alot of the people who are posting. now i like to remain neutral untill i have a good idea of the topic but this is getting ridiculous. your arguements hold little ground

now earth could real back on the attitude and he'd also get less replys on it (or maybe thats his plan...?)

no my opinion is it is a reused character but thats just me, if the story has an validity it would be nice to think who the thief is and what his background is because so far its vicarious

-cough- im sorry for the rant but its just been bugging me throughout this argument, how some people come up with posts that they haven't considered other ideas or they post to be argumentative without a cause or info

so PLEASE get a counter theory to earth's with some data and I'd be happy back you up :D

He has not once refuted any claims by me or anyone else. He just ignores them. He hasn't showed how anything in his theory can possibly work with the glaring flaw of the age of the characters. I don't believe the thief means anything till he appears on a different map with the original characters. I have an entire thread denouncing everything that appears on Five as being part of the story.

I guess you have completed missed the time-travel theme in the game then....

What theme? A backwards timeline juxtaposed onto Nacht Der Untoten and the trip from Der Riese to Kino does not make a theme. The theme is zombies. Time travel is a plot device.

With that said, I highly disagree about the Thief being a character from the campaign as the campaign and zombie storie's are independant of eachother. Instead I will point to another thread for the true identity of the Thief. The Pentagon Thief is really

an extremely clever tribute to a text-based adventure game.

I'll just copy and paste what I said before:

That's funny, Doctor Clarke is now the Pentagon Thief, that would be somewhat believable if you know, you didn't personally see the bullet enter Clarke's head, splattering his brains downward onto the streets of Kowloon, and dropping his body downward onto a sign crashing the sign and tumbling down at least 50 - 100 ft, not to mention the Pentagon Thief is WAY over age for it to be Clarke.

Even if all that didn't happen - how did he get from Kowloon into the Pentagon?

Even if he did - Clarke is AGAINST Capitalism, why would he help them create weapons?

I highly doubt that Clarke is the Thief, he had nothing to do with Numbers just the Nova Gas. The Thief has no conection with the Nova Gas that we know of, just the apparent Numbers. You also said that Clarke was shot, yes he was. (In the Head). So I don't think there is any possible way for Clarke to be the Thief. Just a character designed to add an element of difficulty to the game.

Off-topic: Whats up with the color dude?

On-topic: I just the pentagon theif was based around daniel clarke......thats all :P

I like colour. :)

Well, for the people who asked how he got there,

MAybe, JUST MAYBE, he was 115-ificated and zombified......(brains for new words :D ?)

and seeing as zomps are undead, clarke bing hit in the head makes him deaded? so he turns into a zombie or something....just a very....confusing....idea of mine :D

Lol soz for bad writing...i kinda rushed and didn't read what i wrote (it made sence in my head :oops: )

but anyways Clarke hit in head then died and something hapened...THE END

Heres what I said about this theory in another topic:

If Daniel Clarke is the pentagon thief don't you think this head would have the bullet hole he died from during "numbers"? Or at the very least his body would have to show some wear and tear considering he as stated above fell at least 100 ft and crashed through a sign? Thats not something you just shake off, zombie or not. Also, considering he got shot in the head, how could he become a zombie? Everyone knows that if you shoot someone in the head and destroy the brain that person can not become infected.

Logic for the win!!

Heres what I said about this theory in another topic:

If Daniel Clarke is the pentagon thief don't you think this head would have the bullet hole he died from during "numbers"? Or at the very least his body would have to show some wear and tear considering he as stated above fell at least 100 ft and crashed through a sign? Thats not something you just shake off, zombie or not. Also, considering he got shot in the head, how could he become a zombie? Everyone knows that if you shoot someone in the head and destroy the brain that person can not become infected.

Logic for the win!!

More logic FTW. The mission numbers takes place five years after Kennedy was killed. Five would have to take place before it obviously. How does Clarke look younger five years later?