Highest Round on Kino Der Toten?

carbonfibah

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my highest round was level 29. i was the leader with another competent player. the other two guys weren't that great. we left the door by the double tap closed. and camped there until level 24 or so. we made crawlers every round. we did the GG, but i think it is patched now.. but at the end of that game i was ranked 771 for points!

~Zombies is my game... I am all that is Zombie Slayer~

Got to round 35 on solo lastnight, started to get drops in the flashback rooms after teleporting alot. I got a Insta-Kill & a Nuke.

Best to stay on the move in kino when on solo.

Best gun combo I had was the Zeus cannon for the tight corridors and at first I had the X2 which as always was bitchin. Sadly that ran out of ammo around 25ish, swapped it out for most other wall guns and upgraded pretty much everything untill I got a hold of the RPK (R115 Resonator) and that took me to round 35. At which point I decided to do something silly that lead to my demise. :oops:

Regards Snake.

I just set my own personal record tonight:

27 rounds.

96950 points.

769 kills.

169 headshots.

3 Revives, 3 'Nogs, 4 Speed Colas, and 2 DT's.

PAP'ed the Spectre M4, Ballistic Knife, SPAS-12, and Stakeout.

This was all solo, of course. If it were as a team I don't think I'd have lasted that long, but that's just my experience-based belief. With all due respect to any other team-players who would be well-to-do like me, I believe that my perfect teammate would be a clone of myself, with the same mentality and philosophy....of course that's extremely far-fetched and impossible. :ugeek:

The SPAS-12, when PAP'ed, is a real beast; it fully reloads when inserting just one shell, and it's full-auto and can rip apart a whole line of freakbags coming at you. Sadly, you don't get a total of hundreds of shells in stock, and the SPAS-12 isn't available OTS (off the shelf) unlike the Stakeout. Plus, by around Round 27, the zombies became further resistant to point-blank shotgun blasts, even aimed at the face.....sadly I couldn't bring myself to bother any further with the Mystery Box since there were no wonder weapons (Ray Gun, Winter's Howl, Thundergun, Wunderwaffe DG2, Monkey Bomb...) each time I tried.....not to mention that higher rounds bring about more crawlers & zombies from out of nowhere, even after you defeat a whole wave of them, so I didn't want to stand around.

The Ballistic Knife is convenient in some ways; if you're a point-whore like I am, the Ballistic Knife's quicker melee striking can serve you quite well. It can even kill enemies in one stab after you PAP it, though higher rounds will require more than just one stab....and the time may come when you will need to replace it; hopefully you'll be lucky like I was and get a SPAS-12.

Consider these strategies if you want. :D

got up to 16 with 3 random people just having fun. best strategy was to stay in the teleporter at the start of each round, teleport when swarmed, buy grenades in the pap room and bring the rain on the freakbags below. then when you teleport back, turn on the barier between the start room and theater asap. that will give you some breathing room to deal with wall crawlers.

Earlier today I made 28 solo.

Found an AWESOME strategy that works well for me. Got bored and wanted to play online so i purposely killed myself with a grenade. Maybe next time I won't kill myself once I get bored pause it and have a break then go back on to see how far I can really go.

i got to 35 solo i know a good place to sit till like 24 , go like till 5 in first room only knive then open door under stairs till the stage and turn power on when you think it is too hard to survive there. buy juggernaught and speed reload en bowie knive then (in meanwhile you go to the random box :D ) if you got this all then go to the room with where you can buy the m14 open the door at the right and stay behind the room where zombies fall of a crack in the roof there you can run rounds en if you place mines it easier . its only a suggest try it, played there with 4 friends and survived till 45 ;)

greets

made it up to 20 with four people. we would've gone longer, but i got swarmed in the teleporter and the lightning didn't kill them all quick enough so i died in the projector room, i actually survived to get back to the lobby, but only for a split second.

real shame, as i had a pap'd crossobow and hk21.

It was either on Thanksgiving night, or the night before, or the night after, but whatever the case, I set my own epic record (albeit on solo):

36 rounds.

279160 points.

1337 kills.

528 headshots.

PAP'ed the Galil, AUG, M16, Thundergun, HS10, MP5K, M14, M72, AKS-74u, MP63, MPL, Crossbow, and FN FAL.

Consumed a total of 3 Revives, 3 Jugger-Nogs, 3 Speed Colas, and 2 Double Taps.

Was playing as Takeo (as always ._.); during this session I decided to try buying all the guns OTS and got The Collector trophy (so, if you want to get this trophy or achievement, you have to buy the weapons on a map such as KDT, not the old Nazi Zombies maps like I tried a while back).

It's a shame solo sessions don't count toward being on the Leaderboards (or do they?)....not like I'd be in the top hundreds or anything. But during this session I seriously felt as if I could go on forever, but I think I messed up somewhere while I was in the theater, and I got surrounded and subsequently raped by the hordes.

The trick to surviving for a long time on KDT is to trust your intuition of where the zombies will burst out depending on where you are in the level. As you go on to higher rounds, you may end up having to run in circles around the whole level, which will lead to a line of fast-moving zombies following you. But sometimes you will get a zombie that appears right in front of you; this will happen when you use the teleporter, then teleport back to the lobby, let them come towards you, then (for example) run to the upper section (with the portraits) and expect a zombie or two to ambush you...so keep your gun at the ready.

Use the teleporter as often as possible, or as often as necessary. Of course, with each time you use the teleporter it will have to cool down for a minute or two....plus, you need to reconnect it after each use, by going to the teleporter first and then legging it to the core in the lobby. From there, depending on how many rounds you've survived, you may have to take the long way towards the teleporter, such as the path I described above.

Also, as you proceed to higher rounds, there will come moments when you have to say "Eff it," to any items they drop, whether they be Max Ammo, a Nuke, or anything else. Usually if you try to collect those items, you'll get surrounded and smacked around until you die (which by then, even with Jugger-Nog, will be quick).

The weapon I used the most was the PAP'ed M16. The M16 may be sh!t at first, but once you PAP it, it's a real beast. It's full-auto and can help you rack up points when you're going to expend the line behind you, and it's easy to deliver headshots with it as it doesn't kick as much when blasting it. Drinking a DT will obviously increase its firing-rate; this is something I did for craps & giggles, so it's your choice if you want to use a DT while using the PAP'ed M16.

Uh oh...running out of space to type; damn body keeps scrolling back up...

Nice type up for a strat, I think a lot of us know this one but it's helpful to newer players :)

but the M16 is weak, read the report for the data on the damage of each weapon.

Aug is great for mowing, it has the ammo and Head Shot dmg to shoot head lvl across a swarm, then the AK to just buy ammo instead of needing the box for a new gun.

But all around, nice run it sounds :)

Nice type up for a strat, I think a lot of us know this one but it's helpful to newer players :)

but the M16 is weak, read the report for the data on the damage of each weapon.

Aug is great for mowing, it has the ammo and Head Shot dmg to shoot head lvl across a swarm, then the AK to just buy ammo instead of needing the box for a new gun.

But all around, nice run it sounds :)

Thank you. :D That's the farthest I've ever gotten on KDT....too bad it will never be recorded on the Leaderboards, all because I didn't have a teammate. But that's what my personal record-keeping is for.

Anyway, the AUG is a nice gun, but the biggest issue with that, and those nicer guns from the Mystery Box, is that there is no ammo available OTS, and you won't always get a Max Ammo item at the most opportune moment, either. I seriously think Treyarch should implement an Amm-O-Matic in future Zombies maps, or some special item that doubles your ammo capacity. I've got some ideas for Perksacolas, but I can't come up with decent names for them. :lol:

round 17 2ppl. we thought the round was almost over so we went to buy perks. rounded a corner and the zombies literally surrounded(not cornered) us, lol could of made it further. strategy: open up first door on the upstairs right. camp in the other dual staircase room before the dressing room until after dogs. then procede to the theater. turn the power on approx at level 7 or 8 then link teleporter. get good guns out of the box and pap them along with buying juggernog. run in a big loop throught the theater entrance, continueing through the first door you opened and so etc until you make it back to stage. repeat until round is over. never stop for more than 10sec or so. eventually buy all perks. use the teleporter strategically on each round. while up there buy grenades and chuck them down continuessly until it teleports you away. use the juggernog corner for dogs past the first wave of them. btw thunder gun really helps

Got to 26 with 4 people

I had 475 kills with a point total of 71,430

9 Downs

12 Revives

89 Headshots

4 or 5 juggernauts

1 speed cola

1 quick revive

I PAPed the:

Raygun

G11

Galil

HK21

Crossbow

RPK

It was with 3 other randoms and NO mics so it was pretty much everyman for themselves for the most part. There was teamwork but nothing in a formal formation.

Archived