How COD:BO Trumps MW2.

Gross1985

http://www.lanewsmonitor.com/news/How-C ... 289062140/

How Call of Duty: Black Ops Trumps Modern Warfare 2. The Call of Duty games have been tested by time and it has withstood and withered the tough times only to come back stronger every time with every new edition. The latest installment of the series of shooting game in first person is called Call of Duty: Black Ops and it is only expected to add to the already impressive popularity of Activision owing to the series of games.

The game is going to be released globally on the 9th of November and it would be available for playing on personal computers as well as gaming consoles of the likes of the PS3 from Sony, the Microsoft Xbox 360 and the separate consoles from Nintendo. The previous edition had done marvelously good business; it was called call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

This latest edition has its sights set to break all the records that were established by the previous edition. As a matter of fact, pre-orders of the Call of Duty: Black Ops are far higher already than that of the Modern Warfare2. If that is anything to go by then there are good things lying ahead for this exciting game.

If there is something that sets apart the Black Ops from the previous edition then it has to be the dependency on the content which happens to be rich indeed and as for the Modern Warfare game it had the developer brand name to rely upon as well as the earlier Modern Warfare game which earned great popularity in the first place.

The Modern Warfare 2 game was tagged at 60 bucks and was really not as rich in content as to be able to sell the 20 million copies that it actually did. As for Black Ops, the content is its class. The Black Ops has been developed by Treyarch who have more in more to the mix with regards to the modes that are available as also a lot of new goings on in the game itself. That being so, it means there would be something in the game to attract all players.

The single player gaming campaign is just as intriguing in the Call of Duty: Black Ops as the multiplayer mode which explores the various thrills of the Cold War. Also the player character comes equipped with a greater range of emotions than has ever been seen before.

To be honest, I think COD:BO's going to wipe the floor with MW2, though I still don't know if it will financially. We'll just have to wait and see in 3 days.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

20 yes, 0 maybe, 0 no. :lol:

Make that......30 Yes, 1 Maybe, 0 No. :P

I think that, in terms of gameplay and Campaign mode, this is Treyarch's chance to blow IW out of the water. Treyarch definitely put in a lot of effort into making this a unique COD entry, even if it's still the same, familiar COD engine.

But in terms of beating MW2 financially, that I cannot be so certain of, as we'll have to wait and see after the game's release. MW2 made history, y'know, grossing over billions of dollars in sales, beating out GTA4 (if I remember correctly)....then as time went on, people became disappointed with MW2, so now they could be thinking twice about Black Ops. But then again, those who order the Hardened or Prestige editions get the four old Nazi Zombies maps, which you won't get in the regular retail version....a strategtic financial method, if you ask me.

For me Modern Warfare IS ALREADY blown away! :lol:

I can´t remember that shops opend at midnight for the release of MW2..? -At least in Germany...

I´m 100% sure that Black Ops will hit some records and hopefully Infinity Ward will notice that they sucked with MW2.

Next year Infinity Ward will simply copy the innovations which were created by Treyarch, give them new names and Modern Warfare 3 is finished. ;)

For me Modern Warfare IS ALREADY blown away! :lol:

I can´t remember that shops opend at midnight for the release of MW2..? -At least in Germany...

I´m 100% sure that Black Ops will hit some records and hopefully Infinity Ward will notice that they sucked with MW2.

Next year Infinity Ward will simply copy the innovations which were created by Treyarch, give them new names and Modern Warfare 3 is finished. ;)

Eh, true. If Infinity Ward learns from their mistakes and takes from COD:BO, then MW3 has the potential to achieve superiority over COD:BO......but then again, every new COD entry seems to have qualities that surpass its predecessor, so it's something we have to expect. But MW3 isn't coming out until next year, so we're just going to cross that bridge when we get there.

But I learned from a friend of mine that "Activision treats Infinity Ward like crap." Maybe that explains partly why MW2 failed in many areas? No matter what, Treyarch and IW answer to Activision, and my understanding is that Activision, or at least its CEO, is a real head-d!ck. Robert Bowling once called him a "super-douche" last year, too. And perhaps it was as per Activision's requirements that we not get Zombies footage this Halloween, no matter how hard Treyarch would try. But that's all corporate legalese mumbo-jumbo we couldn't possibly begin to understand.

No. Every Call Of Duty is the same thing. Every year they just add more to it to keep things interesting. And look what Treyarch did before. IW invented every awesome thing we now love in Call Of Duty, custom classes etc in Modern Warfare. Then Treyarch completely fucked up with World At War by making everything worse, besides zombies. Then Modern Warfare 2 came out, it's the biggest selling entertainment product ever. Also compare the graphics etc to previous Call Of Duty's, they improved alot. The campaign was awesome, and not any shorter than previous titles. Okay, Spec Ops sort of fails, but they weren't allowed to use Treyarch's zombies, so blame Acivision. The Multiplayer, yes, there were alot of annoying things, but they couldn't fix those because of, you probably knew it already, Activision. There was a patch lying around decreasing the commando range, decreasing the power of danger close and making an one man army restock slower. But Activision didn't let them release it because it'd take some attention of Black Ops. Now on to Black Ops, of course, it's going to sell millions of copies, and it's going to be the next most-played multiplayer game in the world, but a lot will still play Modern Warfare 2.

Will it go beyond Modern Warfare 2? Yes.

Will it sell more? Yes.

But will it blow MW2 away? No.