Last Wishes

Zieghail

So its more than Likely, beside a few tweaks after The Beta(if they have it), the multiplayer is finished. And we will see Just about everything this evening.

Even So, I would take this time before the Big Reveal to Write Down a few Final Hopes I have for Black Ops.

1) The In Game Map/Actual Maps.

I hope the map will be Like World at War's Map. A Large, Ridiculously Detailed Map, that can actually be of some strategic use, and mapped to an actuall button. Rather than modern warfare 2's little tiny square in the corner of the pause screen.

2) The Sound.
    I hope the sound Will be Like World at War's Sound, and that there will be seperate volume controls. I very much dislike being forced to have the dumb, loud, modern warfare 2 music drowning out all other sound in the game. In World at War, when you turn the music volume all the way down, you can just sit there and listen. You hear all this Ambient noise. Birds, Dogs Barking, Crickets and other Insects, Gunfire and Soldiers Yelling from somewhere unseen, Artillary Shells Exploding, Church Bells, The Ocean, The Wind. . . Its Amazing.

Some of these sounds even react to the gameplay. Dogs quit Barking and Crickets and Birds Stop Chirping when there is A lot of Gunfire. Then if the area quiets down again, they start back up. I hope the Sound Is the Best Treyarch can Make it, and if World at War is anything to go buy, this might turn into more than just Hope.

3) Second Chance.

A lot of people dislike this perk. And Its a hatred misplaced. I can understand if you shoot someone point blank with a shot gun or some other powerful weapon, then there should be no Second Chane. But take this example, This is why at least some form of Revival perk needs to be in Black Ops.

August 30th, The map Is Cliffside, Hardcore Search and Destroy, the score is 3-3. Myself and My Squad mate are the only ones left on our team. All Six of the Enemy team are alive. We decide to cut Across the Jungle-y path on the High side of the map to try and plant the bomb at A, I turn around and an Enemy is Trying to Sneak Up behind us, I shoot him. In my distraction, my squad mate has made it to the end of the trail, and killed two more of the enemies, but a third catches him off guard, he goes down, I rush through the trail, there's no time to look for the enemy. I begin to revive him, then a Bazooka Explodes on a rock just a few feet in front of us! I finish reviving him, and we hear the second Rocket getting launched. We both get up and begin to run away as fast as we can as the rocket explodes right behind us. My squad mate makes it out of the Trail first, back to where we started, the enemy had flanked us, he manages to kill them both. I turn around watching the trail, knowing the Bazooka man would chase us down after his kill got revived. Sure enough, I shoot his face. We win the Game.

4) Recoil

All Guns in World at War had a substantial amount of Recoil, making the Guns feel more Powerful, and Take more skill. I can only hope the Weapons in Black Ops Have more recoil than weapons in modern warfare 2.

5) Enjoy the Little Things
    I hope the Maps in Black Ops are extremely Detailed And Strategic. The maps in World at War are so ridiculously detailed, down to the smallest most pointless little thing, its so cool seeing all this little detail. World at War's Maps are also Extremely Strategic, In modern warfare the maps are really lacking in this little detail and stragegy, with only a 1 or 2 paths to take. I hope Treyarch Remains true, and lets us enjoy the little things.

All of these have things have been done by Treyarch before, so it bolsters my hope for them. Tonight we will find out, at least if a few of these things are in the game.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I find it hard to believe that people actually want a small, Not Detailed map, but anyway.

Second Chance is back as a Tier 3 Perk, Whether or not you can still revive people remains to be seen, the Map in the new trailer looks MASSIVE, and very Detailed, especially after watching the Trailer like 15 times. And the weapons I could see have some very nice Recoil.

Revive has been Confirmed, I don't have a link, but on the HQ a Guy has a video from the Reveal, with a REVIVE Icon Just like in World at War. He was MAD lol.

I'm not worried about the Map Design and Level of Detail, It is Treyarch after all, Just waiting on Seperate Volume Controls.

Well, I find it hard to believe that people actually want a small, Not Detailed map, but anyway.

Second Chance is back as a Tier 3 Perk, Whether or not you can still revive people remains to be seen, the Map in the new trailer looks MASSIVE, and very Detailed, especially after watching the Trailer like 15 times. And the weapons I could see have some very nice Recoil.

I think what a lot of people's issue is that they want a fast paced game that has very little hiding spots on the maps. So that means small maps because it takes less time to get back in the action. Also means maps would be more linear.

Personally I like a variety of map sizes, details, as well as how it is laid out. This brings up a variety of gameplay which means people will be more likely to use different classes and different tactics rather than the usual "go to".

If only it were possible to have dynamic maps that would be different every time.

Indeed, Dynamic Weather and lighting would be AWESOME, but For now I'll settle for Treyarch's "Bast Maps Yet" According to Carbon. I Believe it.

Still Waiting on that Seperate Volume Controls. I don't want to be forced to listen to music thats louder than the Game itself, and making ears useless.