Official Black Ops Multiplayer Reveal Topic.

Zieghail

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are going to be 10 AR's and 9 SMG's. Holy sh*t. The record for AR's was 9, and the record for SMG's was 5. Im worried that all the smg's will be too similar, or unbalanced cause of this.

Whats wrong with being too similar? then the game has more variety. i dont see having more will make them unbalanced either.

anyone know if theres any vids showing the stats of the rest of the assault rifles?

also, does anyone know what the reflex sight is?

Im worried about too many weapons because then there will be a lack of variety. For example, the MP5 and AK74u are the same weapons, except the mp5 has less recoil, but the AK74u has quicker reloads. Same thing goes for alot of guns, like the famas and M16 in mw2. Since there are so many guns in black ops im thinking that all the guns will be the same except for small differences like that.

Im pretty sure the reflex sight is the one that you can see on the commando in the multiplayer teaser trailer. Its similar to the red dot sight but it seems to be more obstructive.

Relfex is the one that is customizable. I dont think you can customize the reticles or color of the red dot, holographic, or ACOG.

EDIT: Sorry, that is incorrect what i just said. So far you can customize both red dot and reflex. to show you the difference between the sights i will put a picture up of each

RED DOT (Lens is customizable, kudos to Zieghail)

REFLEX (Like MARS sight on TAR)

There ya go. Now you know the difference if you didnt before.

just for the fun of it, i will also post the ACOG scope (attached to M14),

RED DOT (Will appear different of different guns)

Actually, The Red Dot Sight Will NOT Appear Differently Based on which Weapon your using, you can actually choose different lenses, which is what will make the Actual Sight Look Different. So not only can you customize what your Actual "Dot" is, you can also Custoomize the Style of your Actual Red Dot Sight.

Zieghail, you should put some gameplay videos in the op.

Point Taken, I'll try to do that this Afternoon.

alright so is it similar to your match bonus? If you do good in a round then you get more codpoints? but codpoints are guaranteed either way?

Think of it this way, CodPoints are Essentially another form of Experience, and Every game mode gets you both Experience and CodPoints, there are other more complicated ways to earn CodPoints, like Wager Matches, Contracts and Special Challenges.

Can the remote controlled Valkyrie rockets take down enemy airsupport?

Why Not, They are Wire Guided not Remote Controlled, so unless there's a Distance Limit on the Wire Guidance System, then I dont see why you wouldn't be able to.

does this deserve a new thread or not? kind of a lot of info in these vids

http://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/n ... -mp-videos

however too many pointless threads goin on already

I found that. Notice how in sticks and stones they give you 25 points for a regular kill. And a 100 for Crossbow kill.

oh my bad did you post it anywhere?

i was hoping they would tell us more about how the currency system worked. Trying to figure out what they mean by unlock things by category. Like unlock all ARs?

Whoever said that the MP5 and the Ak-74u are the same weapon, are completely wrong. The MP5 shoots a 9mm. bullet and the Ak-74u shoots a 5.45x39 bullet. The Ak-74u has extremely more stopping power than the MP5.

Im talking about in game. In the game they do the same damage. I've heard before that the AK74u's bullets are unique and spin and rip out the victims organs when they get shot by it (IRL.) So yeah your right about the more damage IRL thing. But video games don't always have to be completely on spot with how the weapon preforms. If they were the game would have horrible balance.

Looks like snipers may start out with no scope, then you will have to add one on later. look for yourselves

Sometimes the weapons sights are removed in the CaC picture, dont know why. Theres a bunch that have them removed, look at the W1200's CaC picture in Cod4.

Whoever said that the MP5 and the Ak-74u are the same weapon, are completely wrong. The MP5 shoots a 9mm. bullet and the Ak-74u shoots a 5.45x39 bullet. The Ak-74u has extremely more stopping power than the MP5.

Im talking about in game. In the game they do the same damage. I've heard before that the AK74u's bullets are unique and spin and rip out the victims organs when they get shot by it (IRL.) So yeah your right about the more damage IRL thing. But video games don't always have to be completely on spot with how the weapon preforms. If they were the game would have horrible balance.

Yeah you're right the game is way off. And yes the 5.45 tumbles like crazy.

Looks like snipers may start out with no scope, then you will have to add one on later. look for yourselves

Either that, or one of the Dumbest things in the history of Call of Duty will be in Black Ops. . . ACOGs on Sniper Rifles.

I think Treyarch could come up with some better attachments for Sniper Rifles, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sorry for the Double Post Earlier. Don't know what happened there. . .

Anyway. I wanted to share something I noticed from the Gameplay Videos.

Players Aren't Shiny. In modern warfare everyone literally glows a little bit, in order to make it easier for people to see them. And I didn't see any Shiny Glowing People in the Black Ops Multiplayer Videos. I consider that one more Victory for Black Ops.

Perhaps. :lol: Shiny Happy People is a Great Song. . . I remember the first time I heard it years ago, I was like. . . :? Is this a Real Song?

Can you Imagine a Montage of modern warfare 2 players dropshotting, noob-tubing, glitching, hacking, and just playing like fags in general. And All the While Shiny Happy People is playing in the background.

It would be almost as Funny, if not more so, as the Montage form Team America World Police.