Henry is a hoax

Robash

Henry is a hoax, this thread is for that discussion only

Please can the nukebooster generation not spam .. You have your 10+ threads let us have ours!

This was all good fun to start with, got everyone thinking and working together.. But treyach wouldn't run two parts of the ARG at the same time..

The documents the websites received are real and relate to black ops... Not to mention zombie powder!

It frustrates me.. And others I'm sure that there is so many unneeded threads.. Yes I have created one but mine is not repetitive spamming..

I understand those who say it might not be a hoax.. Therefore it's worth following it up.. But not like this

New members must read the forum rules ... So many breaches.. So few admin kicking ass... We are a community .. Yet I fell we are divided .. If only everyone was working on the real documents.. So much effort being wasted... Not to mention precious bandwidth!

Rant over... Now for the hoax

I knew from the start... Had hoax written all over it... And yes I was surprised/impressed with the 1st transmission.. But the next hoax had to be more convincing didn't it..

It probably took a few hours to make the transmission... Which contained nothing new, info easily accessible and just as easy to make the transmission

Once he saw how many people he reeled in he then set about reading you views and comments and incorporating relevant details into the sound clips... Again easy to make... Using a gk logo made by someone on this site I will add

Have you not notice you theorise and fuel the fire.. And then a new sound clips appears sucking you in further..

It is a good hoax but no where near as sophisticated as the live drop or the documents received recently

This Henry stuff is not treyarchs style... If I had the time / no life I could make a vid with half truths and condescending ideas for you all to believe .. But remember guys this is an unreliable source.. No new info .. No proof

Please respect this thread and do not spam.. I no I've ranted but the intention of this thread is for discussion of henry being a hoax

Thanks for reading / skimming

:D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it may be possible that it's real, but it really can't be 100% trusted as of yet. The real documents are top priority, but if this guy happens to be the real deal, then we can't just ignore it.

I understand the annoyance towards the spam, but this is an interesting video(s), and actually have some clues to be deciphered.

all hell broke loose when carbon left. na JK. but i do reckon the henry langham guy is a def fake. just sounds like more mysterious people wannabes like the group935 guy. only pay attention to the good stuff.

so cross henry out, and the other drop in. much more legit

Its complete rubbish surely people can see that.... :| Its not even close to how sophisticated and detailed treyarch were with the live drops and transmissions. Plus why would treyarch set up a massive conversation on this forum between 2 people, which is what the guys doing this did. viewtopic.php?t=1209

The transmissions are coming out way to close to each other as well, treyarch is known for making u wait between specific details.

Its just all too basic to be real.

I must admit I thought this was dead after the live drop...

The youtube vid. with the book sparked my interest again as it seemed fairly authentic due to the considerable amount of time and effort that had been put into generating it....

I did some digging and it appears that there was an animated book with very similar attributes given away with the UK based Computerarts magazine a few years ago for users of Autodesk Maya.

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/__data/as ... a_lead.pdf

Maya IS used widely by the gaming industry (Treyarch included) but I wonder if it's just a co-incidence that an English magazine gave away the disk, the youtube book shares numerous similarities and Henry Langham sounds like a 25 year old English person disguising their voice ( and it's littered with spelling issues which seems very un-Treyarch like)

Guest xeinpo

what i dont get is the hoaxers...must be veterans think about it its not the best info harrys using but he is using good info complicated info this whole topic has convinced me to move to the docs much easier and DEFIANTLY legit

Good find... That link is further proof Henry is a hoax

Would be easier than I first thought with that frickin step by step!

Download

Add text and images

Add background and sound

Done

The actual source files are available here:

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials ... the_month5

2.5 hours for the book, a couple of hours for the content and and hour for the soundtrack equals a day of work so could well be within the realms of a bored, semi skilled 3d artist who's maybe finished Uni/college for the summer and has followed GKNova.

Can we afford to write it off yet? We've proved that it could be done by a non-industry professional but that doesn't mean anything. It smells a bit funny but that doesn't mean anything, (GKNOVA6 did too at times). I think it is a hoax but until we can prove it is or isn't I think we need to still investigate.

We could do with creating a few What We Know teams, 1 for Henry Langham, 1 for Carbons documents and one for new posts and new information. Use some of the vets from before and create hit teams to try and verify new info and call out hoaxers. I'm not volunteering, I don't have the time to do it justice, I just think this is the only way.

Final point, we need to the admins to come down hard on hoaxes. Normally I would say give em a chance but people are spending a lot of time, effort and probably money to investigate these things. The first couple I could understand but people are taking advantage of the obsession we are developing on this forum. People on the wind up should be called out, shot down and barred. Have their IP address blocked. No questions asked now, if we can prove it's a hoax, you're barred.

*rant over*

The actual source files are available here:

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials ... the_month5

2.5 hours for the book, a couple of hours for the content and and hour for the soundtrack equals a day of work so could well be within the realms of a bored, semi skilled 3d artist who's maybe finished Uni/college for the summer and has followed GKNova.

Indeedio... Sad thing is when it comes out as a fraud... He will gain recognition within the community.. Everyone remembers fentna and the group 935 hoax... This one was better

Sad really

People should want to be remembered for good things... Not for being a fraudster

@alp360

I'm not saying write it off completely ... Just don't dedicate so much resources and effort into it... A defently don't create henry wwk groups

The more effort people put in the more comes out?

Chill it out for a few days?

Maybe wait for all the videos to come out and crack through the lot (in one thread!)

The documents carbon got are legit... There is no doubting that

So The believers should chill out the who henry thing till the videos are out.. The speculation is just giving the hoaxer more ammo

Robash- the documents that carbon recieved in the mail were recieved by other people (on other websites) late july.

Its hardly the same time.

I agree that this is un-treyarch like and can be done by anyone but its worth investigating, i find it interesting and so do half the users

Also, i dont think you should 'ban' noobs or "henry people" from the documents recieved in the mail thread cause that just promotes more of a divide in the website.

All i said yesterday was that ive examined these documents already and instead of re-doing this i'd rather find out more about henry langham.

Hope you understand were im coming from.

I am well aware other sites received these documents.. They were sent from germany so it makes sense uk sites got them first.. And carbon was on vacation

No one said to ban henry followers... He ment ban hoaxers

We are all just trying to cushion he blow when he confesses the hoax... There has been fakes before.. And there will be more

In following henry you are potentially being led up the wrong path... In 2weeks your mindset will be so far from the real story it will be hard for you to get back to reality.. Remember .. Info from a reliable source is reliable

Info from a shit source is... Well shit

I am well aware other sites received these documents.. They were sent from germany so it makes sense uk sites got them first.. And carbon was on vacation

No one said to ban henry followers... He ment ban hoaxers

We are all just trying to cushion he blow when he confesses the hoax... There has been fakes before.. And there will be more

In following henry you are potentially being led up the wrong path... In 2weeks your mindset will be so far from the real story it will be hard for you to get back to reality.. Remember .. Info from a reliable source is reliable

Info from a shit source is... Well shit

i know what you mean, it does seem quite far from all the other information (gknova and stuff)

im not going to abandon it but ill move more to investigating the documents from germany than henry langham.

ive got some info on that anyway.

bear in mind though that a lot of people on this site are quite committed to the henry langham thing and it'll be hard to pull them away.

but as i said, ill help more with the documents from germany from now on. (carbon seems to be more occupied with that anyway) :)

Thank you, Robash, for finally posting this topic because I havent been loosing valuable time with this hoax. If Henry is indeed fake and there is a 90% chance he is, then he should leave this site :x because he is splitting the community right into groups and we are a community, so that shouldn't happen. We should focus on the docs that carbon got. Sorry for the rant and Robash I 100% agree with u.

Those who choose to waste there time can.. But a lot of them are new users who may not be familiar with wwk , frauds and hoax's... Some may be worth saveing from the crushing feeling pending

Do as you wish

I don't want to have a hyprocritical conversation / debate in this thread about this

:D

whether or not they are hoaxes, this sort of thing is bringing new members with fresh perspectives into this community, so it's not all bad.

but regarding henry's methods seeming non-treyarch-ish, did GKNOVA6.com seem 'treyarch-y' when it was discovered? we didn't even know what game it was for, initially.

on another note, do we really expect Treyarch to keep revealing information using the same methods? first it was gknova6.com, then drops (live drop, mail), and now i am expecting another medium of information revelation in the coming months.

i'm not for or against Henry Langham, but i will continue to quietly watch and see what unfolds.

I have to say, I was skeptical over whether this whole Henry Langham thing was true, at first.

But, these new transmissions and audio things that have come out on his channel have made me think that this is not a hoax.

Anyway, who cares ? We all have our opinions and to be fairly honest, this whole GKNOVA6 thing is just a little bit of fun. Anyone who is getting too far into it should actually just calm down, this is only over a video game anyway..

And, by the way.. If you're gonna make a topic like this, then expect nothing more than flame. Its just what you're asking for.

I have to agree this is all a little bit of fun to many people, and well. In the build up to Black Ops.

This does keep us occupied. It's nice to experience something adventurous and mysterious.

An I guess we all choose to believe or not. Much like God.

Unforunatly, it seems that there is a "faker" trend developing here on Codz. It started with Fentna, then group 935, and now the legacy is most likely being carried on by this Harry Langham. Each new scam is more complete and impressive than the last, so eventually it will get to the point that we will not know what is real and what isn't anymore. Most of the people on the old forum remember that scams of these caliber rarely, if ever happened. (The whole unaverein map pack 4 thing was mostly posted by spammers, not fakers). Maybe the reason this is happening is because we look to far into everything that comes our way. While we know that GKnova, the documents, and the live drop are all legit, if someone posts on the forum with a cryptic message or claiming to have inside info we should probably just ignore him and point an admin in their direction to check it out. This way he does not get the attention he so desperatly wants. Also if the post is from someone who just joined that day, its probably fake.

while i am unsure about this i dont think it should be completely ignored because if it is real there is alot of info however if it is fake we havent lost alot exept time.

i do know someone who is a faker though benntheren he was trying to act like henry langham but someone found his youtube channel which has some mw2 videos on it, either he is a faker or someone made a youtube account with the exact same name letter for letter.