Sally?!?!?

Spencers132

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok sorry i was thinking of the other 1 but still wat does sally mean

There is only speculation every one has there idea i think its his guns name and the tally marks which i think is 8 i might be wrong but i think those tally marks are his kills with that gun. Just what i think.

Besides the colt being nicknamed sally they could be showing off the new customization features in game.

I thought it was just the nickname for the gun until i saw this guys post, i remember seeing a few multiplayer trailer analysis' saying that the engraving on the back of the AR-15 at the beginning was a custom clan tag customization. So you might be able to name your Colt 1911 "Billy" when the game comes out :P

• 1 month later...

It is just a simble saying that there is a new feature that you can have clan tags on ur gun. I saw a video on youtube were a Treyarch worker was talking about custumisation in black ops multiplayer and one guy asked, what the sally 8 means on the poster cover. The manager explains to him that it means clan tags can be set on your weapon.

Hmm...you know, they've been saying the answer is "right in front of our eyes" for some time now. And nothing is as right in front of our eyes as a box cover. This whole time I never made the connection between the man's posture and the whole "strapped to a chair" thing.

He seems rather heavily armed for someone who's strapped down, and those aren't restraints on his wrists, it's a bracelet and a watch. But after everything in the live drop, I think he might have been programmed, armed and released.

As for Sally, who knows? Too vague.

Hmm...you know, they've been saying the answer is "right in front of our eyes" for some time now. And nothing is as right in front of our eyes as a box cover. This whole time I never made the connection between the man's posture and the whole "strapped to a chair" thing.

He seems rather heavily armed for someone who's strapped down, and those aren't restraints on his wrists, it's a bracelet and a watch. But after everything in the live drop, I think he might have been programmed, armed and released.

As for Sally, who knows? Too vague.

You notice the Watch on the left hand too eh ;)

It is just a simble saying that there is a new feature that you can have clan tags on ur gun. I saw a video on youtube were a Treyarch worker was talking about custumisation in black ops multiplayer and one guy asked, what the sally 8 means on the poster cover. The manager explains to him that it means clan tags can be set on your weapon.

If you actually watch the interview, he says they came up with the idea for clan tags on their guns when the artist who did the front cover put "SALLY" on the gun, not the other way around.

• 1 month later...

On top of the fact that all the information in them dies and goes to hell when the servers crash and nobody fixes them, this is another reason I hate ARGs. They get everybody all hyped up over nothing. Hey. I got a question. Forget the gun. Who the hell is this Sitting Bull character? Is it or is it not Alex Mason?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I think someone already mentioned the name of an aircraft, but I have to agree. Sally was the nickname given to a Japanese Bomber used in WW2 (Actual name being "Mitsubishi Ki-21), and bringing Zombies into this, Mustang is the name of a U.S. Bomber used in WW2 (P-51 Mustang). And old COD titles generally focused on U.S. and Japan also against each other, (like in World at War) so it would make sense for them to make U.S./Japanese names paired together. And the idea that in Zombies, Mustang and Sally fire grenades instead of bullets further supports the idea (even though Mustang and Sally weren't around until Black Ops). Also, (according to the COD Wiki) Mustang and Sally is apparently a reference to a song by Wilson Pickett named "Mustang Sally". Oh and something I actually found interesting that is more of a coincidence than anything, is that in "Saving Private Ryan" (which Treyarch did actually reference a lot in games; most notable is World at War) at the end, a man shoots an M1911 at a tank and it suddenly explodes. It turns out that what blew it up was actually a P-51 Mustang. Most likely that's not where the name originates from, but it still is interesting.

Edited by Rocky
  • 4 months later...