TRANSMISSION #5 IS UP ON GKNOVA6!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo. 551961

Notice that the phrase has 6 "words", and the number has 6 digits. Maybe use the caesar with key 5 on the first word, 5 on the second word, 1 on the third and so on?

Edit: Oops, someone just posted this before me ;)

The Vigenère Cipher Requires a KEY such as MERCHANDISE to decode the plain text message (which I assume is: yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo), but I can't get it to come up with anything that makes sense. I even took that a step further and did a Ceasar Cipher with a key of 16 on that result. Still nothing if I did everything right.

worm

The Vigenère Cipher Requires a KEY such as MERCHANDISE to decode the plain text message, but I can't get it to come up with anything that makes sense. I even took that a step further and did a Ceasar Cipher with a key of 16 on that result. Still nothing if I did everything right.

worm

What about reversing the order: Ceasar cipher then Vignere Cipher?

The Vigenère Cipher Requires a KEY such as MERCHANDISE to decode the plain text message, but I can't get it to come up with anything that makes sense. I even took that a step further and did a Ceasar Cipher with a key of 16 on that result. Still nothing if I did everything right.

worm

What about reversing the order: Ceasar cipher then Vignere Cipher?

Tried that, Entered 'yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo. 551961' into Caesar set at 16 - which returned ' OOKQXHDGOV XSWY LNCBO DQLWK KBBY NCYNE. 551961'. Used this as the key for Vigenère Cipher but alas no! (Im only new to this ciphering, as of today!)

has anyone figured out any clue from "conspiracy is the cat's meow" or "merchandise"

Conspiracy is the cats meow was a clue to get to the right conspiracy group.

I think the clue lies on the MERCHANDISE as well as using 16 with the Caesar Cipher or something of the sort.

Don't know if it means anything, but merchandise happens to split perfectly into the Ciphertext 3 times.

yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo

merchandis emer chand iseme rcha ndise

Thought that was a strange coincidence.

And with the Vigenère Cipher the first two letters being the same does NOT mean the resulting letters are the same.

ok so if we need to use the vigenere cipher...

and if this (yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo. 551961) is the ciphertext...

and we use merchandise as a key it should look like this...

yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo. 551961

merchandis emer chand iseme rcha ndise

matches up three times with the ciphertext maybe there is something to do with 3...

if anyone can cipher that using the vigenere cipher and that format that would be great...

which i already see a h and n line up in the first word and an i in the last word...

i still dont know what to do with the numbers but it must have something to do with it...

edit: damn it took me too long to write this up someone already tought of what i was thinking...

never the less great job worm, great minds think alike...

a better image of my previous post is here again, any ideas?

Yes, we have all seen it; I'm certainly looking for a way to unlock a password entry box. But at the same time, decompiling the Flash file feels like cheating. Let's try to solve it legitimately before we resort to scouring the code.

Also, the whole merchandise-fits-into-the-cipher-perfectly is likely a coincidence.

I've just tried using the Caesar box cipher to no avail. It's also not a simple Caesar cipher.

a better image of my previous post is here again, any ideas?

Yes, we have all seen it; I'm certainly looking for a way to unlock a password entry box. But at the same time, decompiling the Flash file feels like cheating. Let's try to solve it legitimately before we resort to scouring the code.

Also, the whole merchandise-fits-into-the-cipher-perfectly is likely a coincidence.

I've just tried using the Caesar box cipher to no avail. It's also not a simple Caesar cipher.

ok... sorry, i knew the way the other guys got the pic of the background so i wanted to see if there was anything to find... btw where has it been before?

EDIT - Even if it is a bit of cheating as you would call it... I was quite literally scouring the code and found that there is probably another transmission. The full part of the code reads as follows

function playWeek5()

{

main_mc.week1_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.week2_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.week3_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.week5_mc._visible = true;

main_mc.week6_mc._visible = false;

week1_sound.stop();

week2_sound.stop();

week3_sound.stop();

week4_sound.stop();

week5_sound.start();

it showes a week 6_mc, which to me means there will be another.... u have to work with all the resources you have even if it is "cheating", its not like its a game, its a marketing gimmick

ok... sorry, i knew the way the other guys got the pic of the background so i wanted to see if there was anything to find... btw where has it been before?

Hm. Good point. I suppose we haven't technically "seen" it (although I'm almost certain it was posted on unFiction), but Shizzire mentioned it here.

u have to work with all the resources you have even if it is "cheating", its not like its a game, its a marketing gimmick

I think the term Alternate Reality Game implies that it's a game.

I used Merchandise as the keyword for each set separately, then used the Vigenere cipher. With that answer I put a Caesars cipher with seven and sixteen as the shift (coming up with two different codes). With those codes I put another Vigenere cipher with merchandise as the keyword. Then put another Caesars cipher but switched the shift values (the one shifted by seven was shifted by sixteen and vice versa). Those codes came up to be the exact same for each one but it is still encoded and I don't know what to do next. The ending code I got is tdzhsoktlm chlj qcrmj ifahf qqqj srnyz.