Transmission #4 Is Up On GKNOVA6!

carbonfibah

I like to think they used Azure because they couldn't figure out how to pronounce Shizzire.

shizz -er -ree ?

I would've though Shizz-EYE-err, but w/e.

Anyways, I've noticed on the TV for the GKNOVA6 website, you can select which transmission you'd like to listen to by clicking the lights on the right side of the T.V.. This has probably been noted before, but there's going to be one final more transmission for decoding.

I've also thought that maybe all the Transmissions will help out in figuring the last one. I could be totally wrong, and Treyarch just put it there for those who haven't seen the transmissions, but it's just a thought.

While looking at the Frequency Tuner and the TV on the website, maybe the knobs could mean something at a later date, and whats up with the red blinking light at the lower right corner? I think I've noticed that the light blinks at certain important points of speech or sound. Whether this is wrong or not, I'm not sure.

I know this has already been figured out, but I though I should just throw my two-cents in and try to make a little contribution seeing as how I stalk these forums a lot.

See what I mean? It's pronounced "Mike"...

But Gr4phix brings up a good point. The LAST clue is coming. I'm thinking May 5th. We've been given lots of "clues" that didn't go anywhere. Like Freedom=7 and such. The LAST transmission will probably require all of these clues.

I think Carbon asked for someone to write up a synopsis of the results so far, is that posted yet?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has posted or PM'd me a write up, I was planning on just doing it myself today.

But I would like a community member to do it. I am trying to do less and less and let you, the CoDz members do more and more.

However if nobody does it I will just write it up.

My thought on this is the first was a set of coordinates, and the second was gases, and the third states "azure has the task." We have the Where, with what, and by who. Now is the last one going to be how we can trace azure down to stop them?

BTW, how many of you would think it be funny to put a cipher together to send back to them on that groups page?

Nobody has posted or PM'd me a write up, I was planning on just doing it myself today.

But I would like a community member to do it. I am trying to do less and less and let you, the CoDz members do more and more.

However if nobody does it I will just write it up.

I gave it my best try:

GKNOVA6 began last month when several video game websites and CoD community members recieved a mysterious package in the mail. Inside the package was a USB storage device with a text file and an audio file. The text file had six words: Cryptography, Isotope, Philanthropy, Hydrogen, Ember, and Rebirth. If you take the first letter of each word, it spells "cipher." The audio file begins with a male voice saying, "What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also." Then a female voice says, "M O D (3 chimes) Z Z Z J N Q R Y D 3 F R P." The first part was a quote from Julius Caesar, and means that you need to use the Caesar cipher to decode the message. The Caesar cipher is a substitution cipher where you replace each letter in a message with one that is a ceratin number of positions down the alphabet. The female voice saying "M O D" with 3 chimes indicates to shift each letter 3 times. When "Z Z Z J N Q R Y D 3 F R P" is shifted back 3 times, it becomes "W W W G K N O V A 6 C O M." That led to http://www.gknova6.com, which is a very strange website that contains nothing but an old style television. On the right side of the television there are five lights that, when clicked on, play an encrypted transmission.

The first transmission begins with another quote: "Men have sought to make a world from their own conception and to draw from their own minds all the material which they employed." Then the woman says "M O D (2 chimes)." After that "NOVASIX" is spelled several times, by both the male and the female voice. The quote was from Francis Bacon, so this time a Baconian cipher must be used. Near the end of the transmission a voice says "Hell is Purple." That leads to purplehell.com, a site that can be used to decode the message. The two chimes indicate to use the second form of the Baconian cipher. Using purplehell.com's decrypter, the message can be decoded to "APRIL WEEK TWO," which is when the second transmission became available.

The second transmission starts with "On the Lower Rhine and in Westphalia he commanded for the league." Then "M O D 1 9 6 9 D U G B T R L R F M - G W O X A W D N S N O C - Y X N M." The quote is of Count Gronsfeld, so a Gronsfeld cipher is used. Using 1969 as the key to the cipher, it comes out to "C L A S S I F I E D - A N N O U N C E M E N T - S O M D." An announcement was found on somd.com which read:

NOVA Posted by: Eve Reign on Friday, 9 April 2010, at 3:20 p.m. LWLXRMSYWN.GVVOXXPXBVOKTPXAVSFTMBK -AONTHLRDOF.DHXSWEJHCQSQFWTCZUBCAM LWLXRMSYWN.LRDOFUINENYMGNPBMSYWNHAM, -YFTTXEWPGJL.XVORLUINEASPTCZUBJWGILVF LWLXRBGG.CCGRNYMGNAEMOWXAAGMSYWNGVVO, -GCYSRZYKXR.YBCBGCYGVVOXDOKSWEJUINE LWLXRMSYWN.XVORLCCGRAONTHLVFCWKYG, -FMFWCMXIMX.RTLHGPBWTMBKNSNTZBIM XXPXSQFW.HYORVPAKYHAMCAMMBKAONTH, MUZOWHYORV.CAMIGRAONTHLRDOFHYORVOAVBM

You can find me at the Cheeping River. It’s near the Cheering Viper.

An anagram for Eve Reign, Cheering Viper, and Cheeping River is Vigenere and Vigenere Cipher. Sputnik, the key for the cipher, was found in the frequency analysis of the transmission. The message came out to:

THREEEIGHT.NINEFIVEONESEVENNINESIX -SEVENSEVEN.ONEFOURSIXFIVEEIGHTSIX THREEEIGHT.SEVENFOURFOURTWOEIGHTONE, -ONEZEROFOUR.EIGHTFOURSIXEIGHTZEROSIX THREETWO.NINEFOURTHREEEIGHTEIGHTNINE, -ONEZEROSIX.FOURONENINEFOURFOURFOUR THREEEIGHT.EIGHTNINESEVENSIXSEVEN, -SEVENSEVEN.ZEROTHREESIXFIVEFIVE FIVEFIVE.SEVENFIVEONESIXSIXSEVEN, THREESEVEN.SIXONESEVENSEVENSEVENEIGHT

These are the coordinates for five different places - CIA headquarters, NORAD, White Sands, the White House, and Kremlin.

The third transmission is as follows: "They used the Earth's magnetic field x the information was gathered and transmitted. M O D (4 chimes) 10 21 26 1 26 19 - 25 16 22 2 20 1 21 23 16 26 22 19 3" The quote is from the Kryptos and the 4 chimes mean to use the 4th tableau of the Kryptos' transcript. Once decrypted the message is "U S E N E T - D R A G O N S B R E A T H" This leads to a Google Groups post:

NOVA TRUTHSEEKERS I want this story told. This is the tip of the iceberg. Tell All But Ultraviolet November. Send All Relevant Items Now. Situation Offers Many Appropriate Nights. we’ll have a GAS. The elements are in the sounds and words. Look and listen. -DRAGONSBREATH

By taking first letters, you get tabun, soman, and sarin, which are all nerve gases. The next part of the transmission says "Nothing in life is to be feared it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less. M O D 1 0 0 (several different tones) Outside of consciousness there lies the cold and alien world of actual things. M O D - Can't you see the whole spectrum? Kenneth, what's the frequency? Linear not Algorithmic." The first quote is from Marie Curie, and the second quote was from Heinrich Hertz. The frequencies of the tones are: 200, 800, 1800, 3200, 2400, 800, 200 then 200, 800,1800, 3200, 2100, 900, 200. M O D 1 0 0 indicates to divide these numbers by 100, and that comes out to be 2, 8, 18, 32, 24, 8, 2 and 2, 8, 18, 32, 21, 9, 2. These are the electron configurations of Plutonium and Uranium, respectively. Also, a frequency analysis on this transmission revealed "5+5=10 FREEDOM=7 5+5=10." It is believed that this is referring to the Freedom 7 launch on May 5th, 1961, or May 5th 2010.

In the 4th transmission, a voice states "Azure has the task" three times. Nova Six also posted again on the Google Groups page:

Azure: Since you have provided us with this information, we give you a new task, and see if you can deliver. We are looking for a specific document, one that we would very much like to find. This document is posted by someone who remains just out of our reach…for now. We have intercepted communications with a code that we haven’t been able to crack. Post this document in a public place, and we will correspond again in the future. Transmission is as follows: They came in a black helicopter to try and aid the dead president. Even the cabal could not stop the spy. An interesting Conspiracy, one the world would not soon forget, had they ever known.

Another Google Group was found that had four extra lines that, when rearranged, say "May all servants of nihilism / build the cornerstone of our / house in brick, stone, marble, and granite, to keep them at bay. But remember the / freezing point is in error, I question if it's one degree higher." This group also had downloadable files, but they needed a password to open. Each of the four parts was a clue to the password, "MASON." When opened, the file says:

TOP SECRET July 21, 1961 Memorandum for: director (_) SUBJECT: Transmissions from a suspected numbers station near the (_) embassy containing alarming and cryptic references. Research appears to be underway involving variants of Tabun, Sarin, Soman, and an unknown gas if possibly far greater potential for devastation. Every member of the S.O.G. team in the field should be briefed. Yesterday, a new transmission involving Plutonium and Uranium was also intercepted but was lost before the transmission comlpleted. All foreign agents listening to numbers stations should be vigilant to these keywords. Recent chatter has reached a fever pitch. CIA operatives have been assigned to the program, and additional support is requested. Have all reports forwarded to the White House, and present in an Interim review no later than July 31, 1961. John F. Kennedy

Starting after 'Subject,' if you take the first letters from each sentence it spells out "TREYARCH," which seems to be confirmation that this is for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The Eve Reign post, the sputnik, The first Google Groups post, the Freedom=7 thing, the second Google Groups post, and the JFK document should all be replaced with pictures of the actual thing rather than me quoting it, but I couldn't get it to work.

My thought on this is the first was a set of coordinates, and the second was gases, and the third states "azure has the task." We have the Where, with what, and by who. Now is the last one going to be how we can trace azure down to stop them?

BTW, how many of you would think it be funny to put a cipher together to send back to them on that groups page?

but it's not azure... It's X O

but it's not azure... It's X O

I was going off of memory and it was early. :)

Napoleon indirectly caused ww1 because of his European conquest, the confederation of the Rhine (germany) was divided and tensions arose between the german states. Thus the assasination of archduke francis ferdinand happened and ww1 began. ww1 lead to ww2 because the treaty of versialles was unfair to germany and a depression hit germany which gave way for people giving in to hitlers promises of a better economy which puts him in power. as we all know hitler began ww2 and ww2 lead to the cold war. so napoleon indirectly caused ww1 which caused ww2 which caused the cold war. thus napoleon caused the cold war.

this might be y napolean is mentioned

Well, this is my first post. As a avid and excited watcher of this game, i have been looking around. In the third channel on gknova6, "kenneth, what's the frequency?" has been making me ponder what that is and means, exactly. So, i simply google'd it, and found several things that might relate to the phrase.

First, my sources:

http://ask.yahoo.com/20010619.html

Other source=google phrase, look for song by REM

"-One night in October 1986, Rather was walking down a Manhattan street when he was punched from behind and thrown to the ground. His assailant kicked and beat him while repeating, "Kenneth, what is the frequency?"-"

That was talking about Dan Rather's, a CBS News Anchor.

"-In 1997, based on a tip from a psychiatrist, Rather's attacker was identified as William Tager. According to the psychiatrist, Tager, who was currently serving time for killing an NBC stagehand, blamed news media for beaming signals into his head, and thought if he could just find out the correct frequency, he could block those signals that were constantly assailing him. Hence the enigmatic inquiry.-"

The reason the song is important, is because it was made after the event happened, it was basically a back-story FOR the event. Im not sure if this has anything to do with anything, just thought I could put forth some probable evidence to some master minds of the internet. :D

Also, I didn't see a thread for the 3rd channel on GK, so if anyone could provide a link, ill gladly post it there as well, to whatever avail it shall serve for you.

~Qwerl

EDIT1> I meant to mention, in my second quotation, it says he blamed them for beaming signals into his head. If he could find the correct frequency, it would stop. Maybe that has to do with the television signals in the first place. Maybe the person watching is having signals beamed into his head or something? I'm not too entirely sure.

What methods would the guy have for putting a frequency in or out of his head anyways lol?

Napoleon indirectly caused ww1 because of his European conquest, the confederation of the Rhine (germany) was divided and tensions arose between the german states. Thus the assasination of archduke francis ferdinand happened and ww1 began. ww1 lead to ww2 because the treaty of versialles was unfair to germany and a depression hit germany which gave way for people giving in to hitlers promises of a better economy which puts him in power. as we all know hitler began ww2 and ww2 lead to the cold war. so napoleon indirectly caused ww1 which caused ww2 which caused the cold war. thus napoleon caused the cold war.

Wow. Um... good job.

Interesting. That mentions the S.O.G. which was reported a while back to be a part of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

What do you guys make of this?

Edit - This is the article I was referring to...

LA casting call for Call of Duty-related “voice over/motion capture” for an Activision “video game” has described character Frank Barnes as being part of an elite Vietnam unit, the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/19/rumour-call-of-duty-casting-call-mentions-sog-in-vietnam-details-characters/

Great find!

So... In the trailer, a secret hospital is trying to bring back an operative from the Cold War. But who? And why?

I don't understand how the assassination of Franz Ferdinand was significantly caused by tension in Germany. Serbian terrorists assassinated him because of his polices of merging Serbia and Austria Hungry. Also the arms race between Germany and Britain was significant and the fact that Germany believed it deserved an overseas empire like France and Britain. France and Germany had old tensions between themselves from a past war in the late 1800 which Germany won. The separate alliances the triple entant (Britain France and Russia) and the triple alliance (Germany Austria Hungry and Italy) cause even more tension because of the separation of Europe between the superpowers of that time. Then came the assassination and war began as:

Russia declares war on Austria Hungry in protection of Serbia.

Germany - Russia

France - Germany

Britain - Germany

Thats what i know in brief of late 1800's + causes of WWI. but i would be happy to learn how Napoleon had a part to play :)

Guys, can you please put up the GK nova6 vids with the screen moving instead of a blank one, if you turn the dial you get videos

In short most of them are bluprints for atomic reactors and bombs, the one diagram shows a triangle with mesurements of Uranium 238 and shows how much (i know from my knowlage on uranium it is about 0.7%) of uranium 235 can be extracted, then some diagrams explaining nucrear reactions (a proton is seen shooting towards an atom, it splits and a huge chain reaction takes place) then a diagram of a nuclear warhead (a fuel charge to fly, a thick shield and two reactors at each end, when the reaction peaks, they are broken open by the force and merge, the atoms in the middle of the bomb are bombarded with protons from both sides causing: KABOOM) :shock: then there are some of Kennedy on the Cuban missile crisis and some on the iranian embassy.

This is a quote from Azurewolf on the unfiction forum.

Well this was rather easy and I'm pretty sure we know when to expect a response.

From the spectrogram of transmission 4:

KARL = b

Karl Marx born May 5, 1818

NAPOLEON = d

Napoleon Bonaparte died May 5, 1821

By the way both, were on list for, 33rd degree masons.

So, b means birth and d means death.

maybe all these are the same thing:

5+5=10

KARL+NAPOLEON= ???

b+d = ???

also

So 1818+1821=3639

divide that by 10 and you get 363.9

round to 1dp and its 364, the days in a leap year.

possibly something?

edit: it was late i cant deal with numbers