Transmission 3 on GKNOVA6 is up!

firevice

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Carbon I've been stuck on that generator for a few hours now. I believe it to me likely the Currie clue and Hertz clues both supply one of the words to the cipher. I've tried a million and one combinations of things so far.

One big piece missing is the four tones after the first MOD. We don't know yet what that is, and they don't all sound equal in length : long long short long. --.-

So once again we may be looking too far into this. The colors in order on a colored TV, but with the screen as GKNova6 Transmission 3, are ROYGBIV. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. This may sound stupid, but put Kryptos as the alphabet key, and ROYGBIV as the passphrase. Just try.

So once again we may be looking too far into this. The colors in order on a colored TV, but with the screen as GKNova6 Transmission 3, are ROYGBIV. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. This may sound stupid, but put Kryptos as the alphabet key, and ROYGBIV as the passphrase. Just try.

lkrqau xtrdlidnttxnl

tutts3131

when i viewed transmission 2 and he said something about the spectrum, the anagram ROYGBIV came to mind. im no good at ciphers, but maybe theres a keyword in roygbiv?

If you put ROYGBIV in the cryptogram solver on purple hell, you get "Century".

That's about all I got, I'm sure someone brainier will put the pieces together LOL

Can someone link me to the cipher site for what we're figuring codes for? and What to put as the ciphering code?

http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/vigenere-keyed.php

The numbers from the message 10 21 26 1 26 19 * 25 16 22 2 20 1 21 23 16 26 22 19 3

Assigned each as a letter of the alphabet

juzazs ypvbtauwpzvsc

decrypt

The first part was decrypted(?) to say "OPENED". The second portion is still not working for me.

This is interesting....

Electromagnetic radiation from space is unable to reach the surface of the Earth except at a very few wavelengths, such as the visible spectrum, radio frequencies, and some ultraviolet wavelengths. Astronomers can get above enough of the Earth's atmosphere to observe at some infrared wavelengths from mountain tops or by flying their telescopes in an aircraft. Experiments can also be taken up to altitudes as high as 35 km by balloons which can operate for months. Rocket flights can take instruments all the way above the Earth's atmosphere for just a few minutes before they fall back to Earth, but a great many important first results in astronomy and astrophysics came from just those few minutes of observations. For long-term observations, however, it is best to have your detector on an orbiting satellite ... and get above it all!

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/scien ... ctrum.html

Yep, we know that, it's from the message, and the clue to go to the kryptos cipher in the first place.

The k2 it's quoting used KRYPTOS as the alpha key, I was hoping they'd also use it so we'd only need the passkey, but somehow I doubt they'd take it that easy on us. ;)

The whole number thing in the beginning, I cracked it. I haven't read the discussion yet. Although if the numbers are related to numbers/ address, I might have the answer. The number to letter is J U Z A Z S Y P V B T A U W P Z V S C. I remembered seeing this code some-where else so I searched it up. It is an anagramme. I CANNOT translate from German to English, but, here is the site. http://anagramme.spieleck.de/app/view/501681 That has the anagramme. If it is an address, I did it earlier. It is some place in Africa. Just trying to help here guys.

I'm thinking the absence of image in this transmission could simply mean that we're meant to just think about the audio.. Anyone else thinking that the 4 tones (long long short long) could be a letter in morse code that could be used to show the shift in letters just like with the Caesar cipher?

- - . - is the letter Q

I looked up the "Kenneth, what's the frequency?" on Wikipedia and it took me to the Dan Rather page. The interesting thing is the last paragraph.

In the 2006-07 graphic novel Shooting War, the fictional Dan Rather of the year 2011 it portrays has adopted the personal motto, "The frequency is courage."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Rather#.22Kenneth.2C_what_is_the_frequency.3F.22

Maybe "courage" is a keyword?