Transmission 3 on GKNOVA6 is up!

firevice

Further info, so the Film 12 monkeys with bruce willis (space and time travel and general weirdness), was based on a 1960's art house film La Jetee by Chris Marker (source: http://everything2.com/title/La+Jetee). The original film was a series of stills that fade into each other with an anonymous author telling the story. SOUND FAMILIAR?

I can't get the film La Jetee to play on my pc at worker because I only have IE6 and nothing supports it (GAH!!) but I can see it is on youtube if anyone can play it and see. have a look and let me know.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this sounds crazy and probably wrong to me, but...

In the past the MOD meant it was the beginning of a code or a sequence.

If you look at the first set of numbers

10 21 26 1 26 19 25 16 22 2 20 1 21 23 16 26 22 19 3

You see that some are double digits and some are single.

So I grouped the double digits and used that amount as a number, so from this I got...

3 5 1 6

Searching this, I didn't find much but if you search 35:16 you find a bible passage

"If a man strikes someone with an iron object so that he dies, he is a murderer; the murderer shall be put to death."

Since it talks about murder and death I thought it was cool. Again this could just be another one of my crazy rants that means nothing, but I am always trying to dig deeper and think out of the box.

HOWEVER

I also searched the single digits, 1213.

This could be a date. if so...

1962 – NASA "Relay 1" launch, first active repeater communications satellite in orbit.

I shall continue to work on that first set of numbers to see what else I can find.

Can't you see the whole spectrum?

Kenneth what's the frequency?

Linear not algorithmic.

So lets talk about Linear Frequencies.

First lets talk about chirps. Click this link for all the info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chirp

A chirp is a signal in which the frequency increases ('up-chirp') or decreases ('down-chirp') with time. In some sources, the term chirp is used interchangeably with sweep signal.[1] It is commonly used in sonar and radar, but has other applications, such as in spread spectrum communications. In spread spectrum usage, SAW devices such as RACs are often used to generate and demodulate the chirped signals. In optics, ultrashort laser pulses also exhibit chirp due to the dispersion of the materials they propagate through.

This link too http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~tamaras/freqMod/L ... ation.html

img8.png

So anyway, Frequency Modulation is also called FM

FM can be linear or non-linear

A low-frequency low bandwidth Linear Frequency Modulation (LFM) waveform, nominally a 1 MHz to 10 Mz swept frequency analog sinusoid or digital square wave, is produced by direct digital synthesis. This waveform is upconverted in frequency and expanded in bandwidth, nominally to microwave frequencies with bandwidths of nominally 160-360 MHz, in a multiplying offset phase locked loop. The phase locked loop also linearly frequency modulates a X-band carrier with the microwave frequency LFM waveform to produce an output signal suitable for Synthetic Aperture Radar. The phase locked loop induces low phase error, and may be closed around the radar transmitter to remove phase errors induced by that unit.

When trying to relate this to the Cold War, I found this site http://www.aip.org/history/lawrence/cws.htm

The war gave scientists not only new funding sources but new ideas and instruments. Alvarez's particle accelerator used techniques from his wartime work on high-frequency devices for radar. The 184-inch cyclotron and the electron synchrotron both used an idea McMillan had developed at Los Alamos. Back in 1937, failure had been foretold for the big cyclotron. Physicists at Cornell pointed out that, according to Einstein's theory of relativity, the mass of the accelerated particles would increase as they approached the speed of light. Particles would thus fall out of step with the cyclotron's accelerating fields, and could not reach higher energies. Lawrence had been confident a way around the problem would be found. In 1945 McMillan suggested a solution (Soviet physicist Vladimir Veksler independently had the same idea in 1944). He proposed to keep the increasingly massive electrons in step by changing the frequency of the accelerating electric field. In November 1946, the 184-inch frequency-synchronized cyclotron, or "synchrocyclotron," gave its first beam. At 195 MeV the deuterons had double the energy of what was planned in 1940.

This is an incredibly informative PDF about Cold War eavesdropping, words like frequency, spectrum, etc.. are used

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/107507.pdf

It also seems to me like sonar can be related to this as well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonar

Also the Number Stations that we have been talking about.

http://www.damninteresting.com/number-stations

Freedom=7 can be Freedom 7, the name of a space craft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-Redstone_3

Mercury-Redstone 3 was a U.S. Mercury program human crewed space mission launched on May 5, 1961 using a Redstone rocket, from Launch Complex 5 (LC-5) at Cape Canaveral, Florida. The Mercury spacecraft was named Freedom 7 which performed a suborbital flight piloted by astronaut Alan Shepard, who became the first American in space as a result of this mission. The flight lasted less than 16 minutes and attained an altitude of just over 187 kilometres (116 mi).

Unlike the earlier Soviet Vostok 1 flight, Shepard did not orbit the earth, but simply went up and down, which requires a less powerful rocket and simpler guidance. He did, however, become the first astronaut to safely return to Earth inside his vehicle. In the Vostok 1 mission, the Soviet cosmonaut parachuted out of his vehicle prior to landing. Soviet Premier Nikita Khruschev criticized Freedom 7 as a mere 'flea hop' compared to the recent flight of Vostok 1 and its pilot Yuri Gagarin.

I have tried quite a few combinations of ciphers to decode the message but no luck. This transmission seems more complicated than the first two just because of all the sounds, frequencies and noises ..... makes you wonder what all is included as a part of the cipher ..... it's only going to get harder from here on :x

EDIT: There is definitely messages/symbols embedded in that transmission as audio. I think at least 1 but there maybe two, don't have access to the sound file but need to look at it in Audacity.

All the transmissions that contain messages have a buzzer kinda sound that separates each word in the message. The same buzzer sound can be heard when the sound goes off in the 3rd transmission.

Ok, so onto another rant. I know we have been discussing Morse Code, so I came up with this

J U Z A Z S Y P V B T A U W P Z V S C

Juliet Uniform Zulu Alpha Zulu Sierra Yankee Papa Victor Bravo Tango Alpha Uniform Whiskey Papa Zulu Victor Sierra Charlie

· --- | · · - | -- · · | · - | -- · · | · · · | - · -- | · -- · | · · · - | - · · · | - | · - | · · - | · -- | · -- · | -- · · | · · · - | · · · | - · - ·

350px-FAA_Phonetic_and_Morse_Chart2.svg.

A spelling alphabet, radio alphabet, or telephone alphabet is a set of words which are used to stand for the letters of an alphabet. Each word in the spelling alphabet typically replaces the name of the letter with which it starts (acrophony). It is used to spell out words when speaking to someone not able to see the speaker, meaning there are no visual cues which assist the listener. Giving one's name over the telephone is a common scenario where a spelling alphabet is often used. Spelling alphabets are often called phonetic alphabets. These are not to be confused with phonetic transcription systems, such as the International Phonetic Alphabet, which are designed to record detailed information about the sounds of human speech.

Spelling alphabets are especially useful when speaking in a noisy environment when clarity and promptness of communication is essential, for example during two-way radio communication between an aircraft pilot and air traffic control, or in military operations. Whereas the names of many letters sound alike, the set of replacement words can be selected to be as distinct from each other as possible, to minimize the likelihood of ambiguity or mistaking one letter for another. For example, if a burst of static cuts off the start of an English-language utterance of the letter J, it may be mistaken for A or K. In the international radiotelephony spelling alphabet (or NATO phonetic alphabet), the sequence J-A-K would be pronounced Juliet-Alpha-Kilo. Some voice procedure standards require numbers to be spelled out digit by digit, so some spelling alphabets replace confusable digit names with more distinct alternatives; for example, the NATO alphabet has "niner" for 9 to distinguish it better from 5 and the German word "nein".

Prosigns for Morse Code

Wait · - · · ·

Error · · · · · · · ·

Understood · · · - ·

Invitation to transmit - · -

End of work · · · - · -

Starting Signal - · - · -

Hmmm .... going from number sequence to letters to morse code seems to be the opposite of encryption? Just saying.

There's one thing I noticed at the start of the transmission - after the voice says MOD the first time there are 4 beeps. I remember the the message in the USB file that lead us to the gknova site had a similar 3 beep sequence after MOD. So that could possibly indicate a 4 letter/number shift.

Further info, so the Film 12 monkeys with bruce willis (space and time travel and general weirdness), was based on a 1960's art house film La Jetee by Chris Marker [...]

Yes, and this film plays in a devastated Paris in the aftermath of WWIII , in fact after a nuclear war.

OK... Kennedy, Cuba Crisis....Bomb on a Baseball Field... hmmm....

Still don't have a clue.

Ok so I have been working on the sound. After listening to that sequence I came up with...

204 Hz

796 Hz

1798 Hz

3186 Hz

2390 Hz

796 Hz

193 Hz

-PAUSE-

193 Hz

796 Hz

1798 Hz

3186 Hz

2099 Hz

893 Hz

193 Hz

During the part where you just hear sounds at different frequencies, I paused it and moved my cursor to the highest point, on that scale it gave me the Hz.

0ddNLFipv1M

I also found the 5 + 5 = 10 and Freedom 7 using the temporal frequency analysis

freedom7.png

OK... so you have the Frequencies 200, 800, 1800, 3200, 2400, 800, 200 - 200, 800,1800, 3200, 2100, 900, 200 .

MOD 100 stand for : divided by 100 .

Thats is :

2818322192 = Uranium - Element 92

2818322482 = Plutonium - Element 94

But what about freedom 7 ?

http://www.freedom7.com/Welcome.html

http://www.freedom7.com/Welcome_files/shapeimage_2.png

http://www.freedom7.com/Welcome_files/map-1.png

The picture of map and hotel are hidden as .png in the scourge code.

This looks interesting to me.

5+5=10 could be May 5 2010 ??

About the whole Philly Spectrum. It was built during the Cold War in '67 I think. Went on google maps and couldn't tell if any of the buildings around were tall enough to see the whole thing. I also researched to see if any important Cold War events happened in Philly. Couldn't find anything. I'll try to keep researching even though I'm in school as of now.

EDIT* It was released on Earth Day (today) and Earth Day was started during the Cold War in 1969/70. Might be relevant.

The Marie Curie "tones" are the numbers of electrons in each electron shell for Uranium and Plutonium

2 8 18 32 24 8 2 Plutonium (94)

2 8 18 32 21 9 2 Uranium (92)

Told you a few posting above yours ;-)

But about the date 05/05/10 ... that is when Europe get's the Stimulus DLC for PC and PS3 ....

My REM song theory was a bust, maybe the lyrics to the song mean something.

Don't think so. I'm starting to think that we should go away from that Freedom 7 rocket theory. Maybe Freedom=7 means it is a 7 letter word.

Hmmm what if we take every 7th word from that song. Does that make any sense ?