the question marks on the map

I've been thinking about this for ages and i can't seem to figure out what they are actually for. I've looked on the interactive map on the site (great look by the way) and it doesn't say what they are.

anyone have any idea what they are or for? i would look into the myself, but my game is missing at the moment so any thoughts would help

(i have moved this topic into this section as i feel it is more appropriate here)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, that map, sorry new to this and forgot to put that in.

it isn't the mystery box locations due to the fact that the interactive map shows where they are, it could be spawn points but one point is inside the boarded up area as i can find no entrance to it.

radios, is another no, as the interactive map again has pointed the locations out.

teddy locations is one i have not tried.

thanks for your help, when i find the game i'll look into the teddy locations or see if i can find anything of my own.

• 2 months later...

I'd forgotten about this, it drove me mad for ages. So if you number them from top to bottom as such;

1 is just the corner of a room

2 is the room with quick revive, near a spawn point

3 is a spawn point in the little room

4 is near 2 spawn points, overlooking the courtyard you can't get to and near the stairs which don't exist (near juggernaut)

Maybe you need to get each of the characters to stand at them and do *something*. Did we ever resolve the mystery about the staircase that didn't exist and the second level to Der Reise which somehow gets unlocked? Was that all bullshit or was there something to it? Didn't we get a clue that the answer was right in front of us?

This is something me and my friends pondered for ages...

Forgot about it.. Surely this was the first thing worked out? Or has everyone over looked it?

They have to be relevant... Can't be spawn points as there are so many more points the zombies spawn

Did we ever resolve the mystery about the staircase that didn't exist and the second level to Der Reise which somehow gets unlocked? Was that all bullshit or was there something to it? Didn't we get a clue that the answer was right in front of us?

I think maybe it was solved:-

Der Riese Staircase Solved

As we know Der Riese is based off the Multi-player map Nightfire, or is it the other way around? Who knows.

The sheer level of detail to Der Riese tells me that Treyarch made no mistakes when added these things into the map, and the most important map is the one you see loading, so Treyarch would have seen them countless times if it was a mistake.

They probably knew that it would drive us crazy not knowing whats there.

The question marks are not spawning points as there are other spawn points inside the map.

Not Radios, Perks, Weapons, Mystery Box, Flytrap items, Fences and Spawning points.

What is left after that? :?

ahhhhhhhhh.

Sorry, to re-emphasise that statement: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! *facepalm*

That does explain everything me thinks, of course Der Reise is based mainly off nightfire and the extra staircase is a legacy from that. Alphasnake, thank you, you have filled a small hole in my life which was forever bothering me and I am going to give you Brains every day this week to say thank you. Much appreciated.

Now if you could just solve the question marks, the Country boards, the clock, the lighthouse and anything else we have missed I would much appreciate it ;)

thanks

Your most welcome.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I was very down once I found that video. :(

However, I'm still working on the other puzzles in Der Riese. Will definitely be telling everyone if I find anything to them.

I can't keep secrets to myself, hahaha. :lol:

Regards Alpha Snake.

• 1 month later...

So.....

Anyone worked out what the question marks are?

It really annoys me each time I load der reise ... Feel those damn marks are laughing at me!

Jd has said there is still things within der reise we've not found ... Could be important things!

Well actually that map was from the beta version ,since we can't reach without mods (and the stairs next to juggernaut) so i think these where the perk-a-cola machines were to be before they changed it before its relesed.

EDIT: Also there has been an update, the question mark in the corner has been moved to the centre of the room.

there 5 question marks. none when you pause the game to look at the map. why? and 1 of them which is right by the monkey bomb glitch has a piece of paper in the floor board! Another, near the jugg machine has secret coding on a window which may have been deciphered but im not sure. so what im trying to say is maybe these question marks are hints to easter eggs but very important ones? we need to check each location and search the rooms thoroughly, and maybe we'll find some answers to our unanswered questions...

ITZ THE TEDDIES

If u think about it if you activate the fly trap and look for the teddies there is one at the top of the building (far right question mark) then there is one holding an upgraded m9 or colt with jugger nog in the animal cages at the question mark at the middle then there is a monkey at the furness (far left question mark) when u really think about it this does actually make sence