What Is Your Highest Round On Der Riese?

carbonfibah

Highest I've been online was 28 - Offline in private matches is mid to high 20's...We play for fun...I don't play online anymore because of "kids" who left a bad taste in my mouth. The very last straw was I was playing with a friend and 2 randoms online. We went the way of the Thompson and opened the far back teleporter (3 aka C I think) We stayed by Quick Revive...I was told to stand by the window beside quick revive. My friend was standing above the hole in the floor leading down into the cave hallway. The other two were down in the cave and the zombies wouldn't touch them because it was a glitch.. This is why I don't go online because everytime I do they ask if I wanna glitch. I say NO and leave...Glitching takes the fun out of playing the game it was meant to be played. So this is why you'll never see my gamertag in an online Zombie game...I play private matches because it's funner...It's a shame Private Matches doesn't save to the leader boards...Last night I had over 100000pts on Der Riese

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can now get to round 28 by myself...I was lucky because the first time I used the box I got monkeys. Second time I got the MG-42...Third time I get a PPsh-41...Got my perks (Speed, Juggs, & SOMETIMES Double Tap for the LATER rounds)...I never once used my MG42 and was just sitting on the cat walk using my PPsh-41...When ammo was low I made a crawler, went to box traded my PPsh-41 and would always get it back on the 3rd box try...Ofcourse my guns got upgraded and due to me having perks, 2 sweet guns, betties, and the bowie knife I always had points to upgrade the PPsh-41 when I got it from the box...What did me in was I ran out of Reaper ammo (upgraded PPsh-41) forgot about my Barracuda (upgraded MG42)...Box decides to give me a Ray Gun...Grabbed it and upgraded...Stupid me because alone the Ray Gun is useless even with Double Tap...Died as a result of getting overrun trying to bring my Barracuda out (D-OH!) :lol: :cry: :facepalm:

My goal is to get to round 30 + with my friends...Should be easy but sadly no :(:o :? :shock: :oops: :facepalm:

highest round i've got to is 32 or 33 that was with one other person, but 2 people left us earlier on :x

I know how you feel, Myself, my friend who's a Ninja, and another guy decided to kill some Natzi's we got to round 24ish, i'm not sure, its been a while, and then the other guy lagged out. Made it to round 34ish with 2 people, againts a 3 player amount of Zombies! It was CRAZY!

• 2 weeks later...

32 with 3 people

Same 3 people decieded to do it again and we all got to 31 after 3 hours and we had everything. Everyone had all perks, everyone had monkey bombs, upgraded ray guns, one guy had 6 upgraded guns, we had wonderwaffe and max ammo. Round 31 starts, easily going to beat our record and then the host disconnects and we all get kicked out. 3 hours for nothing... we were all devistated

We locked him behind an electric barriar in with the zombies to get rid of him at around level 15.

Okay that is seriously hilarious. Like the sort of thing that would go in a Nazi Zombies Movie :P

mayber it was richtoffen cos the others had enough of his whiney bullshit!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I got to round 20-ish maybe? I was playing with my brother and at the time we weren't very good at zombies (I kept getting to cautious and kept panicking when I got hit :oops: ) we could have kept going, but then we had to leave the house we were at (my grandparents) and go to another house (my cousins) where I did the stupidest thing, I used, i dunno, i think a grenade launcher (the one where you can change from gun to shooting grenades) instead of a thompson on a dog round and died! :oops: Anyway, I only get to about round 17-ish now which is really bad for me. :oops:

Alpha13snake Solo Level 51, usings the following stratergy with minor tweaks on the weapons, plus the revisions in the revisit video:-

Der Riese Solo Strategy Round 28+ 1/9 parts

Thanks to Convergency for the Videos.

I always end up with the Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ, Porter's X2 Ray Gun & Monkey Bombs by rounds 22-25, all are vital beyond 25 in my opinion.

Tweaks:- starting at the mainframe, plant the betties in the courtyard, walking to the right side of main frame let them spawn in here first, walk up the stairs into the garage, flip the first fence.

Run to the double tap ledge, build up points using MG/X2, drop off and hit the second fence, waiting for a second trying to building points through the fence with MG/X2, always watch your back here for late spawners. Drop a monkey bomb at the help wall if you can/want to. I use x1 per round here to get them bunching up better. When the fence is down fall back building points with the X2, backing all the way up to teleporter Z-C, a few DG-3 shots here, stop firing when they get to the top of the stairs, trigger the teleporter as trap/escape.

Stall at the mainframe for the bomb drop ONLY, Max Ammo, Double Points & carpenter are not worth the risk at later stages when the betty field in the court yard gets depleted, drop off the left side of the mainframe only and move to the flytrap area. There is less chance of a hoard split on this side, the betty field will catch any fence hoppers to your right side, building points by the fly trap is risky, I have been ambushed by late spawners here. Move onto trench gun/box room hitting the last fence on the way past.

RUN to the Betty & Juggernog side of the bridge and wait on the left ledge. Do this quickly! As late spawners will flank you from the betty room. Sometimes I save a betty for the ledge here, as dogs may spawn over the bridge flanking the position in later rounds, this was a life saver for me many times. Drop off when/if your overwhelmed still at this point, hit the fence again, by now, most if not all should be dead. If not, repeat the cycle. Trying for a crawler is advisable if 1 or 2 remain. It becomes very difficult past round 30. If you have no grenades go buy some, their cheap and have quite a few points in the level to buy from, if any zombies remain trap them in the teleport again & maybe get lucky with a drop, by now you can pick off the remaining zombies with the X2/DG-3 and run any tasks you need to do.

Early on, until I get the wonder weapons, I go for any two machine gun combo, my favorite combo of pap'd wall weapons is the Gibs-o-matic & the Spatz-447 +, Why? Point building for one and easy access to both normal or upgraded ammo.

In dog rounds I fall back to the mainframe courtyard & the betty field, just go nuts, a max ammo is coming so you can afford to use lots of DG-3 rounds, if you think your cornered just run for it until you get space to fire. for mid round dogs do the same thing to stop them flanking you with a hoard of zombies in your face, dealing with the dogs first is a must for survival.

DON'T get cocky, DO NOT let the zombies within 6 feet of you. Reasons being Splash damage of course, it is your enemy, fear it! the DG-3 & X2 are cursed in close combat soultion is just don't do it. Teleport earlier if you have too, but don't linger for 2 windmillers to hit you 6 times in a split second as you zap yourself with the DG-3, it happens alot, AVOID CQC at all costs.

Also, if you run out of ammo for the X2 don't hang on to it for dear life, drop it out for a STG-44, use un-Pap'd for building cheap points if you still need them by now. Its in the best place for a quick pick up and ammo fill. Then I start trying for the Raygun again. Between the DG-3, X2, the STG44, the fences and the teleporter trap, you should be able to conserve enough ammo until the next dog round. Remember the DG-3 can kill 20 zombies per shot, so 2-3 shots per round is possiable.

last few tips are:- Go to the toilet first, have a drink close by & get comfortable, keep a cool head, be liberal with your monkey bombs, same goes with ammo for the DG-3, especially if you think your close to a dog round or can claim a max ammo drop with little risk.

Last of all:-

STICK TO THE PLAN.

Enjoy, hope this helps other get to high rounds.

Alpha Snake.

Archived