Xmas Day 1 2015- The 4 overlords and the MPD

Xmas 2015 Day 1: The 5 Evils Theory

Welcome to Day 1 of the Black Hand Holiday Spectacular. Last December I made 25 Posts. Well, this year I want to try to Top that with 25 Brand new Posts. So without further Ado let’s begin with Day 1 which I call. The Five evils theory

So, Lets talk about the Shadow Man. This Apothican trickster confronts The Shadows of Evil characters into opening the Gateway allowing him to destroy their Dimension. However he says something really interesting

“ Your service to the overlords is appreciated, Our complete assimilation of this dimension shall now proceed. ”

This indicates that aside from Shadow Man himself there are multiple beings just like him who are in control of the beasts. Multiple Evils. At the end of SOE Shadow Man ( The Squid) is trapped in the Summoning Key, Perhaps even harnessing his power. At this point Edward takes the key and vanishes into the Rift

My theory is that aside from Shadow Man There are 3 more Overlords we have to face and Capture. I believe these 3 evils are the brethren of the Evil trapped within the MPD. The Overlords are going through Dimensions looking for something in order to free the great evil that was sealed away long ago

It is possible this has been mentioned before in the most unlikely and insignificant of maps. Die Rise. If we listen to The easter egg song in Die rise we get references to the plague in London. Even the name of the song, We all fall down, is a reference to the nursery rhyme, Ring o Ring o Rosies which is believed in Urban legend to be about the London Plague. We get a reference to London in Shadows of Evil when the fruit seller mentions something similar to the events of Shadows happening in London years ago. People getting sick, and wasting away. Then comes a certain line….

“The martyrs brethren were not to be set free.”

According to moon there is a Something far more terrible that richtofen lies in the MPD. We are never told exactly what it is but we know that whatever it was remains imprisoned in the MPD. Or perhaps the MPD is the Tomb of the great evil. If this so called evil were to be killed it would be seen as a martyr to those who followed it. The Martyrs Brethren.  

When the Missiles Hit the earth it tore open the Rift allowing the brethren to escape the Keepers. These Keepers would be in a constant battle with the brethren to prevent them from resurrecting the Martyr. Keeping them in check. But when the rift is broken they escape and begin their plans to collect certain artifacts which will allow them to accomplish their mission.

Shadow Man Failed his mission when he was absorbed into the Summoning Key so for now I do not believe we will see him again at least until the final DLC. So are these 4 Overlords all based on lovecraftian lore? I think not. I believe each DLC map will have a different theme. Our first theme was Lovecraftian. However we have SEEN what could be another one of the overlord’s work before. In mob of the dead we witnessed 3 Dog heads in the wall coming in from the rift. These 3 Dog heads could be a reference to Cerberus which originates from Greek Mythology. I believe the overlords are each based on an Evil mentioned in certain mythologies and our new mission throughout the DLC maps will be to Sacrifice the overlords using the Summoning Key in order to harness their power.

Shadows of Evil could be foreshadowing the future. 4 gateworms were needed to open up a gateway so perhaps 4 more BIGGER sacrifices will be required of us in the future. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days