Tales from the Borderlands

So I recently obtained this game through the Telltale publisher sale a while back on Steam and got around to finally playing this particular game last week. And my god, I was blown away by how amazing this game was. I mean seriously, this may be Telltale's best piece of work yet. Playing this for some reason reminded me of many years ago when I first started getting into games and why I love them so so much.

Not to mention that it's the perfect blend of comedy and serious storytelling that is usually nigh impossible to find a perfect balance of, especially for a video game. And the choices made in this game really kind of felt like they mattered, especially in the final climatic moment of the series. Plus I did not see that twist of who the stranger was at the end coming and thought it was very well done. And the musical intros for each episode were just beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way about this game or what your guy's thoughts on it were in general if you've played it. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend you do so if you don't mind Telltale gameplay mechanics. I seriously cannot give this game enough credit for how amazing it is.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late to this topic but Tales from the Borderlands is probably my favorite game of all time at the moment. Telltale did amazingly well with this one, Borderlands is my favorite game series and Telltale beat any of the Borderlands games Gearbox have ever made which is saying something. The writing was perfect. The story was sad, funny, happy and intense all at once and I love that. All the characters were so well written and Rhys has ended up being one of my favorite characters. Telltale finally made choices matter so I even ended up replaying the game again to see different outcomes which is something I never do with their games.

I was really skeptical before playing this game though, i thought that Borderlands and Telltale was a weird combination and that it would be terrible so I tried to convince myself to not buy it but I ended up buying it anyway and I couldn't have been more wrong about a game. I recommended this game to everyone here and it might be my game of the year unless Fallout 4 takes it's place. (I also love your profile picture)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...