The Shadows Within

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I totally predicted we would get little video vignettes like this for the characters a little while back. I just thought they would be within the game as unlocks through the progression system.

Also can't help but feel like the style of these videos remind me of something? Oh well. It's always nice to get a little more backstory on stuff in zombies. And I think it's really obvious now that these characters have all fallen prey to some of the 7 sins and that it's a really big deal to SoE. Like they're making it really obvious.

Also can't help but feel like the style of these videos remind me of something?

Are you talking about the Intel you can unlock and find from Extinction?

No, I never actually played those as I just didn't ever play Ghosts at all. I'm talking about how it really reminds me of something from a tv show or movie. Not to mention I get a strong Animus vibe from the Assassins Creed games too from it.

• Administrators

Ok guys... Yeah I just looked at the website. There IS a 5th video to unlock info about THE SHADOW MAN. No joke. 

However... You need the ridiculous price of 60 HOURS of double XP time clocked in..... It's.... Pretty messed up... Anyone want to send Liam FTW, or Mr Dalek? Or ROFLWaffles? their XP codes so they can unlock it? 

I really never eat or drink Doritos or Mtn Dew, but yeah, I would totally do that. @MrRoflWaffles for sure. How many people would do that?

Ok guys... Yeah I just looked at the website. There IS a 5th video to unlock info about THE SHADOW MAN. No joke. 

However... You need the ridiculous price of 60 HOURS of double XP time clocked in..... It's.... Pretty messed up... Anyone want to send Liam FTW, or Mr Dalek? Or ROFLWaffles? their XP codes so they can unlock it? 

I really never eat or drink Doritos or Mtn Dew, but yeah, I would totally do that. @MrRoflWaffles for sure. How many people would do that?

This promo is only open in the U.S, Milo, Liam & Dalek are all English, so they can't really buy these promo packs. 

And you can watch the first 5 videos without putting any codes in, you just need to figure out the url. I'm Australian, That's what I did cause otherwise I wouldn't be able to view them.

And as for the last video - Chapter 6, that url doesn't exist (asaik). I think they will add that later, maybe the last week before the game releases.

Well, the Fifth Chapter was unlocked.

What a disappointment. 240 codes of Mountain Dew & Doritos for that? A summary of the other four videos? What a shameful marketing move.

Credit to Lighttzout

I can't believe it. That is horrible. They could have released the intro! Well, on their head be it I guess. Thats not even funny how shameful that is though.

Well, the Fifth Chapter was unlocked.

What a disappointment. 240 codes of Mountain Dew & Doritos for that? A summary of the other four videos? What a shameful marketing move.

Credit to Lighttzout

Wtf is this? It doesn't even say anything? God I hate partnerships like this that are purely for boosting sales. The first 4 videos were so cool and they could've at least given us a map about Morg City or something if they didn't want to reveal more about The Shadow Man. They really should've released these video bios like how Rocksteady did for some of their character reveals for Arkham Knight.

Not sure what to say about the 5th video but I would like to discuss the previous 4

The boxer

Frame 702

You see state penitentiary flash up for a couple of seconds in the top RH corner

Maybe this is implying the boxer spent time in jail

There seems to be an emphasis on justice

Maybe there is a prison link to MOTD

Edit i looked at the detective video a bit closer and flipped and rotated this image

qEeRB0b.jpg

Edited by Shootinfish
Added content

In that last image, the report says something about the person having a birth mark on the side of their neck. Another cursed one? If the 4 playable characters are representations of 4 of the 7 deadly sins, wouldn't that mean that 3 other marked people would appear in SoE? We do see one poor sap get turned into a blood mist at one point in the trailer as part of a ritual. Perhaps these 3 other people are necessary for some of the rituals we perform in the map.

In that last image, the report says something about the person having a birth mark on the side of their neck. Another cursed one? If the 4 playable characters are representations of 4 of the 7 deadly sins, wouldn't that mean that 3 other marked people would appear in SoE? We do see one poor sap get turned into a blood mist at one point in the trailer as part of a ritual. Perhaps these 3 other people are necessary for some of the rituals we perform in the map.

Mole on face is also mentioned in the report which if you look at the first image in the post above the person seems to have a mole on the side of there face.

There is a lot of detail to these clips, i find it hard to believe there is nothing to them but maybe im making something out of nothing

The other possibilty is that they wont make sense until the game is released as there tied with DXP and ment to be released after the game is