Community Inquiry - Under Supported/Unfounded Theories

• Administrators

So, with all the building and theorizing, ripping, tearing and critiquing (respectfully, of course) that we do out here, I would like to hear y'all's input on what some of the worst, most far fetched theories y'all have ever heard proposed, for this thread, specifically in regards to the World at War/BO re-release maps, whether on here, YouTube, or elsewhere. 

Under Supported/Under Researched/Unfounded/Far Fetched:

a.) Based on, or related to events in another game, narrative, or other media or literature that is not directly referred to, clearly implied (by virtue of relationship), or was not confirmed in a later map.

b.) Directly, though not deliberately, contradicting existing (at the time) Zombies canon, or contradicted by later releases. Once again, respect for theorizing. Better luck next time.

c.) Deliberately concocted for the purpose of garnering attention, making money, or building a personal fanbase

Unless you are nominating a theory that you yourself thought up originally, and wish to volunteer that, the original author of your nominated theory must remain anonymous, even if their theory fits in the category (c), unless they themselves comment to confirm that they are indeed the author.

Theorists are respected here-it's what we're made of. All the same, we learn from our mistakes. 

The reason a theory is flawed need not be explained-for instance, see my example below...

Hope to hear from y'all!

As an example, I present the theory that falls under clause (b):

Maxis is a drone at the time of Der Riese, based on the premise that he always gives commands, never taking action, himself.

This theory was seemingly well supported, and kudos to the theorist, but unfortunately, in the face of canon, falls through.

Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Origins isn't canon/ in the story/ anything that makes it not what it had always been described as by Treyarch. Idk who started the theories that it isn't canon but it has been disproven recently by Treyarch in a number of ways.

Sorry if I made any mistakes, mobile is really hard to use for me.

• Administrators

Origins isn't canon/ in the story/ anything that makes it not what it had always been described as by Treyarch. Idk who started the theories that it isn't canon but it has been disproven recently by Treyarch in a number of ways.

Sorry if I made any mistakes, mobile is really hard to use for me.

Nope, a bit choppy, but straight up. Good point, you're exactly right, there is no doubt about it now. 

Oooh.Worst theories ever.....That's a Long list

Lets See

Shangri-la is on Mars (ONE OF THE WORST THEORIES EVER)

DLC 5

Exo Zombies is connected to Treyarch zombies

Marlton is Dead

Misty is Bit

Stuhlinger ate Samantha

Stuhlinger Ate Richtofen which is why he can hear richtofen

Maxis made the zombie apocalypse real because he wanted samantha's game to be real

Cornelious Pernell is the Key to the Entire storyline ( Stupid theory Benn came up with)

Zombies collection is real

Porter is a Woman

The 6 Refers to 6 demon girls

Kino is the last map in the entire storyline

Red Eyes = Dead Ops Arcade

Extinction is a parallel universe to Zombies

The next map is on dark side of the Moon

The monkeys kidnapped the O4 and brought them to Ascension

Marlton's Watch is the most important thing in the game

Weasel created the Comic Book

Misty is Dempsey's Daughter

Little nikolai refers to Nikolai's Son

Anything Involving Bus Route B 

Tranzit is 2025

The Bus Driver is the Soul of Dempsey shoved into a Robot for Richtofen's amusement

Origins is the first time the O4 Meet

The origin's characters are the original characters when they were young

Weasel controlled the zombies before samantha

Weasel is the Great Evil inside the MPD

There is a Space Dog on Moon which helps you

Shangri-la is a theme park

The Nav Cards will open up a secret Map

The easter egg in Ascension Continues

Samantha Maxis is actually Richtofen's Daughter

The Ascension Rocket is Full of Monkeys and it lands in Shangri-la unleashing them

Theres a Bunch more but this is all the ones I can think of at the top of my head

• Administrators

Oooh.Worst theories ever.....That's a Long list

Lets See

Shangri-la is on Mars (ONE OF THE WORST THEORIES EVER)

DLC 5

Exo Zombies is connected to Treyarch zombies

Marlton is Dead

Misty is Bit

Stuhlinger ate Samantha

Stuhlinger Ate Richtofen which is why he can hear richtofen

Maxis made the zombie apocalypse real because he wanted samantha's game to be real

Cornelious Pernell is the Key to the Entire storyline ( Stupid theory Benn came up with)

Zombies collection is real

Porter is a Woman

The 6 Refers to 6 demon girls

Kino is the last map in the entire storyline

Red Eyes = Dead Ops Arcade

Extinction is a parallel universe to Zombies

The next map is on dark side of the Moon

The monkeys kidnapped the O4 and brought them to Ascension

Marlton's Watch is the most important thing in the game

Weasel created the Comic Book

Misty is Dempsey's Daughter

Little nikolai refers to Nikolai's Son

Anything Involving Bus Route B 

Tranzit is 2025

The Bus Driver is the Soul of Dempsey shoved into a Robot for Richtofen's amusement

Origins is the first time the O4 Meet

The origin's characters are the original characters when they were young

Weasel controlled the zombies before samantha

Weasel is the Great Evil inside the MPD

There is a Space Dog on Moon which helps you

Shangri-la is a theme park

The Nav Cards will open up a secret Map

The easter egg in Ascension Continues

Samantha Maxis is actually Richtofen's Daughter

The Ascension Rocket is Full of Monkeys and it lands in Shangri-la unleashing them

Theres a Bunch more but this is all the ones I can think of at the top of my head

Brilliant. I was literally LOLing at this list. Brains for retaining all that erroneous knowledge (I am being serious!)

Hu were alright until you said about Origins, it's confirmed they are the o4 now since all maps are canon and from the giant there is no reason for them not to be... I don't understand why people keep saying it's not the o4 when trees no reason not for it to be

Hu were alright until you said about Origins, it's confirmed they are the o4 now since all maps are canon and from the giant there is no reason for them not to be... I don't understand why people keep saying it's not the o4 when trees no reason not for it to be

It's so obviously not the Original 4. The biggest piece of evidence that debunks that theory is all the diesel punk technology. All that technology would have appeared in the future if it had already been invented and mass produced. Another piece of solid evidence is the fact that if they were indeed the younger versions of the original 4 then removing them from their time would mean that der riese would have never happened since none of them were around to actually grow up to become the Original 4. 

• Administrators

It's so obviously not the Original 4. The biggest piece of evidence that debunks that theory is all the diesel punk technology. All that technology would have appeared in the future if it had already been invented and mass produced. Another piece of solid evidence is the fact that if they were indeed the younger versions of the original 4 then removing them from their time would mean that der riese would have never happened since none of them were around to actually grow up to become the Original 4. 

Haha! Uh oh! Here we go. I will take note of these arguments, and debunking can wait until after The Giant. Let's keep it at that for the moment, if y'all don't mind, just to keep this something of a repository of bad theories only. 

They could easily get returned to the correct time, even one where it isn't Diesel Punk if you think that its another timeline. Why wouldn't they be themselves? I don't understand why they would even be the same characters if it wasn't them.

They could easily get returned to the correct time, even one where it isn't Diesel Punk if you think that its another timeline. Why wouldn't they be themselves? I don't understand why they would even be the same characters if it wasn't them.

Another reason why it is impossible for the origins crew to be the Original crew when they were young is because the moment Young richtofen learned that what was going to happen would unleash a great evil the events of Der Riese would have ceased to exist entirely since young richtofen would not have dared touch the MPD or even attempted to get the teleporters working. and you can't say that their memories were erased because that defeats the whole purpose of stopping the events if you are just gonna erase their memories and let it happen all over again

Another reason why it is impossible for the origins crew to be the Original crew when they were young is because the moment Young richtofen learned that what was going to happen would unleash a great evil the events of Der Riese would have ceased to exist entirely since young richtofen would not have dared touch the MPD or even attempted to get the teleporters working. and you can't say that their memories were erased because that defeats the whole purpose of stopping the events if you are just gonna erase their memories and let it happen all over again

They are changing their future. When they get sent back to the past, the most sensible thing to do is wipe their memories since the characters don't have good ones to begin with, besides Richtofen and even then it is questionable what he remembers. Anyways it would have to happen like that, otherwise there would be another paradox. I don't understand what is so hard to understand about Origins that makes people throw it out of the canon when for one, Treyarch have said that it is where the four characters met, ithe map name: ORIGINS, all maps are canon (that point alone already throws the argument out the window), Samantha says her dad had a plan to change history and the biggest argument of all is the whole giant intro. "What I do, I do only to secure a better tomorrow." That quote translates to they are changing their future, their tomorrow so that they get a better outcome then what ends up happening in the story. The only reason the timeline doesn't go as normal anymore is because of some intervention that has caused the past characters to travel to the future and change history. Usually they would probably go back to their normal lives and end up back at what happens in the radios, years after. I don't understand how anyone can think that these are not the original characters, it makes no sense in any way. Even if there is stuff that doesn't make sense like Dieselpunk, everything has a multitude of explanations and theories about it to solve things like that. One of those things could even be technology being taken to the past to advance themselves in the future.

• Administrators

People still believe Richtofen only acts gay to distract others. But he is as gay as it gets.

HAHAHA! I really don't know, TBH. Sometimes it seems he just plays the part to get on the others' nerves. But there's certainly nothing that would indicate that he isn't. LOL!

People still believe Richtofen only acts gay to distract others. But he is as gay as it gets.

HAHAHA! I really don't know, TBH. Sometimes it seems he just plays the part to get on the others' nerves. But there's certainly nothing that would indicate that he isn't. LOL!

They are changing their future. When they get sent back to the past, the most sensible thing to do is wipe their memories since the characters don't have good ones to begin with, besides Richtofen and even then it is questionable what he remembers. Anyways it would have to happen like that, otherwise there would be another paradox. I don't understand what is so hard to understand about Origins that makes people throw it out of the canon when for one, Treyarch have said that it is where the four characters met, ithe map name: ORIGINS, all maps are canon (that point alone already throws the argument out the window), Samantha says her dad had a plan to change history and the biggest argument of all is the whole giant intro. "What I do, I do only to secure a better tomorrow." That quote translates to they are changing their future, their tomorrow so that they get a better outcome then what ends up happening in the story. The only reason the timeline doesn't go as normal anymore is because of some intervention that has caused the past characters to travel to the future and change history. Usually they would probably go back to their normal lives and end up back at what happens in the radios, years after. I don't understand how anyone can think that these are not the original characters, it makes no sense in any way. Even if there is stuff that doesn't make sense like Dieselpunk, everything has a multitude of explanations and theories about it to solve things like that. One of those things could even be technology being taken to the past to advance themselves in the future.

If anything Richtofen is straight. Because his ultimate mission is to get deep inside a young girl's body. She may be 12 but she's still a girl so that makes him straight. And possibly a necropheliac. 

After quoting that whole strain of comments, I read that wondering what you would reply and thats what I read. That string of sentences you just said. My sides are now gone.

• 5 weeks later...

The theories surrounding "DAY X /2 ME" may be a little over-bloated. Just recently, someone presented this and suddenly it hit me like lightning. Is it possible to say that the phrase "DAY X /2 ME" is not a calculation nor is it a mathematically related problem, but just a phrase that when contorted just enough will sound like "STAY NEXT TO ME" which is the overall arch in the map about staying close to the pylon. 

In short, "DAY X /2 ME" is nothing more than the Easter Egg Tower of Babble and the various hints that Treyarch claimed were in plain sight. They were, the community just bypassed all that bullshit in order to complete the Egg in a timely manner.

• Administrators

The theories surrounding "DAY X /2 ME" may be a little over-bloated. Just recently, someone presented this and suddenly it hit me like lightning. Is it possible to say that the phrase "DAY X /2 ME" is not a calculation nor is it a mathematically related problem, but just a phrase that when contorted just enough will sound like "STAY NEXT TO ME" which is the overall arch in the map about staying close to the pylon. 

In short, "DAY X /2 ME" is nothing more than the Easter Egg Tower of Babble and the various hints that Treyarch claimed were in plain sight. They were, the community just bypassed all that bullshit in order to complete the Egg in a timely manner.

Good one! Kinda falls into the same category as the alternate bus route and the idea that there was more to The Casamir Mechanism. I'll research this further!

I appreciate you dropping some new content here. I can always use more.

Hah, I was one who always wanted there to be more to Ascension! It always FELT that way but that doesn't always mean it IS that way. Same with Tranzit, just because I dreamed of applying the ladder to the side of a mountain doesn't mean I was able to do it in-game. True story.

What about the theories surrounding Kino and the "demonic" rooms. I just got done writing a winded "Headcanon" but somewhere in it I began thinking about who was at the theatre. Has anyone ever guessed that Maxis and Samantha were teleported there from Der Riese? Basically, we've been following Maxis since Der Riese. No? I mean, not since Der Riese but from Der Riese to Kino. 

Edit: Also is it possible that the room in the end-cutscene to origins is the same room you visit in Kino? AKA Samanthas room?

Edited by DrVonstool