Elemental Knife

Ourobos

Saw this a few weeks ago, haven't seen it posted.  Wondering if others have seen it, or know if it's legit or a glitch.

Once you get the Elemental Fists, go up inside any of the three large robots.  Cook a grenade and down yourself.  When you respawn the next round, you will have an elemental knife.  You swings as fast as a melee knife, much faster than the fists.  It's RUMORED to last well up past round 100.  The one time I did it, I did it with the fire punch, and mine became a two hit kill at the same time as the standard elemental punch.  I've heard from reputable players that it does go much higher as a single hit kill.  Has anyone else seen it or can you verify?  If nothing else, the speed of the swing makes it worth getting.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no notification sounds when doing it, despite there being notification sounds for everything else within Origins, the animation when you get them is a messed up mish-mash of the normal knife and the punch animation, it is not possible to obtain them in solo despite everything else in the map being obtainable in solo, and you have to die to get them (ranking system puts that into doubt) ergo I am calling glitch.

Reminds me of the no air glitch on Moon, and how some people were adamant that is was a legit feature.

The One Leap Forward achievement was literally just respawning. It wasn't intended for you to kill yourself. It was supposed to happen naturally. People just kill themselves because they want achievements really badly.

This is a glitch, as the Elemental Fists are already themselves a Melee Weapon. Having their attributes transferred into another melee, a weaker variant like the Knife no less, is a glitch no different than the transfer of attributes of the PhD Flopper flop.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a theather mode aviable of the ice and wind elemental knives. they are all real. You know how the fire and wind staff's are unlimited with the charge? from what i can prove, the fire elemental knife is a one hit on round 72. The ice round 68. the wind round 42(highest i got to  game lagged out) and i dont know about the lighting havent tried it yet. Also just to note this is the highest round i died on. they may very well be stronger but i do believe that some are defently stronger then others just like the staffs. And i think its an exelent reward to die for. You can also notice the color difference on your knive when you come back to life. Also when you kill zombies with the knife they die in the way of the element you have. I belive its the same elemental animation as the punches but no puch.

Just add me on ps3 if you want me to show you the video so you can record it. What we did was finsihed the EE on round 16. 2 of us killed our selfes in robot head. next round we came back and got set up. other 2 guys killed themsevels on round 17. and on round 18 we all 4 had our elemental knifes and 4 upgraded staff's :D

Awesome game. too bad we started with a shitty host that lagged us all out :( 

I would scream glitch to but from his directions you would have to be inside the robot. So it seems like it may have some sort of legitness behind it.

The reason you have to do it in the robot is because you never actually die out, the ejection happens first, but the game doesn't have a way to account for a downed player being ejected 

When you get it, it's pretty obvious it's a glitch. The knife animation and the zombie death animation don't match up at all.

Unfortunately, this looks like it'll be around for some time. Like the Hacker Duplication glitch on Moon.

I personally compare it more to the 'No Air' glitch on Moon. The reason for that is because I remember so many people claiming it was a legit feature, yet could not be done on solo (like the elemental knife). It was also pretty obviously a glitch consider the manner in which it was actually obtained in the first place.

Also, the duplicate hacker thing was possible on day one of the maps release, yet it did not get patched in the final title update.

Either way, it is pretty obviously a glitch. The animation is not a new animation, it is just the standard knife animation with the effect of the punch. It looks messed up and there is no notification sounds when it is achieved/obtained.

The knifing mechanics in BO2 is already terrible... if people want to kill themselves to obtain something that will ultimately lead to a down later in-game too, so be it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's quite a lot of work to get this. I was playing with randoms a while back and they were all telling me not to buy any perks and only wall guns because they were getting the upgraded knife.

Build the staves, fill the chests, get the fists, upgrade the staves, upgrade the fists, die in a robot...Then you can buy perks and good guns.

Too much work if you ask me, but I know those glitch grinders that do this. The randoms I played with, then went and sat in the fire tunnel and just knife camped in a corner. I felt bad for helping them, so I quit out. Muahaha.

It was 1HK past R30, I had Lightning.

If people are having fun with it, it will get patched.

If it is hurting the game, trollarch will ignore it.

Deja vu, i posted this almost exact thing in another post.

Look at Moon hacker glitch: no words for hacker show up if 1 player in a 2 player game dies (lasts entire game). Ubiquitous, hurt games, was there since start. Never patched. Made every game of Moon extra annoying.

Stab your teammate with the bowie/sickle while he revives you and it kills him. There since launch, constantly ends games when your teammate tries to defend his saviour, but accidentally stabs him. Never patched, game breaking. Ignored.

Multiple gun glitch: made up for the extremely poor wall weapon choices/selection/ammo issues in bo1 zombies. It improved the game. Patched quickly.

That's just how they roll: be stupid, hurt the gameplay, program sloppily. That's their motto. I assume that's on their letterhead or on a big plaque in their offices.

Edited by 83457
  • 1 month later...

The only reason I say that this isn't a glitch is because it doesn't make sense why the knife would be more powerful than the fists. Also I cam vouch for the fire knife being one knife kill past round 44(that's when we died), but the lightning knife started taking two around mid to high 30s