• 1,807 posts
  • LocationAustralia Mate
  • Xbox:PINNAZ
  • Steam:PINNAZ

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 01 December 2012 - 22:02 PM

Hey CoDz,

So while doing the Moon side quest in the lead up to bombarding Earth with 3 Rockets, Dr Richtofen says this line -
(This is also heard at the start of the Nuketown map for those of you that haven't played Nuketown)

"I knew I should have invented an egg moving robot.
Stupid Maxis with his rules and stupid accent."

"Stupid Accent" stands out to me? I never payed much attention to it until I heard it again in while playing Nuketown.

There are many mysteries surrounding Dr Maxis.

My question is - 'Is Dr Maxis really German'

youtube_zps9a4e6b77.png  facebook_zps4c3bb055.png  Google_zps937004fa.png  Twitter_zps464da79a.png

Come and visit the Call of Duty: Zombies Library

WaWSig_zps53c96f41.png     BOSig_zpsf3efcbae.png     BO2Sig_zps1fa778af.png

#2 MurderMachineX

MurderMachineX
  • Members
  • Takeo

• 5,694 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 22:06 PM

Well it might just be a certain dialect.

#3 Lenne

Lenne
  • Members
  • Panzer Soldat

• 3,299 posts
  • Highest Rnd:51 Der Riese
  • WaW Fav Map:Der Riese
  • BO's Fav Map:No man's land :P
  • BO's II Fav Map:Nuketown

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 01 December 2012 - 22:09 PM

Well it might just be a certain dialect.

This.
There are lots of different dialects in Germany.
Some are not bad. And some are just not understandable (at least for me. :lol: )

Oh and nice avatar Pinnaz. :3

xiontag.png
ubd1527.png

hangman_zps9428eb23.png

"Just leave me alone... I know what I am doing!"

- Kimi Räikkönen

#4 PINNAZ

PINNAZ
  • Donors

• "Him"

• 1,807 posts
  • LocationAustralia Mate

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 01 December 2012 - 23:08 PM

Yeh it would be hard to go past certain dialect & everybody would know that if you go to a different state that peoples accents & 'lingo' can vary dramatically.

Also given that his name is 'Ludwig' or 'Ludvig'. But that may just imply Eastern European?

I'm probably just trying to believe my idea that Maxis is not Samantha's birth father? Now that 'Abigail' has been identified, I just want to know the link (not that I think he's American)

Argh Dr Maxis, you are surrounded by mystery.

Maybe the quote is highlighting the 'robot'?

(PS - thanks Lenne, do you share your cookies?)

youtube_zps9a4e6b77.png  facebook_zps4c3bb055.png  Google_zps937004fa.png  Twitter_zps464da79a.png

#5 Tac

Tac
  • Members
  • Agarthan Zombie

• 3,600 posts
  • Highest Rnd:59 Ascension
  • WaW Fav Map:Verruckt
  • BO's Fav Map:Ascension
  • BO's II Fav Map:Origins
  • Xbox:TacticalitySqd

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 01 December 2012 - 23:46 PM

It's tough to say. Aegisknight had a thread a while back in the Research Facility about his name. He said how Ludwig was a German name, and how Ludvig was a Scandinavian name. Perhaps that's what he could mean? It's just that both Ludvig and Ludwig show up in the game.

#6 Electric Jesus

Electric Jesus
  • Members
  • Agarthan Zombie

• 3,553 posts
  • LocationWe are everywhere

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 02 December 2012 - 00:21 AM

I asked myself the same question a while ago for the same reason.. Richtofen mentions either during the big bang theory, or in a radio (can't remember which) but he says Maxis has experience with American women. I don't know if this is relevant, but I questioned his nationality once or twice. However I still think it is highly likely that he is in fact German. I'd hate to be "that guy," but from an American perspective, they both (maxis and richtofen) sound German. I wouldn't be able to recognize different German dialects or accents, so the fact that maxis may posess a different German accent than Edward would be beyond my perception. But you still get what I mean.

Join the legendary CoDz chat-room HERE!
I would appreciate it if you would read my wonder weapon ideas HERE!
If you enjoyed this post, remember to throw some brains my way!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Well if all you want is a hug from a black person, maybe you should just host The Price Is Right."

-30 Rock.

#7 Tac

Tac
  • Members
  • Agarthan Zombie

• 3,600 posts

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 02 December 2012 - 00:42 AM

I asked myself the same question a while ago for the same reason.. Richtofen mentions either during the big bang theory, or in a radio (can't remember which) but he says Maxis has experience with American women. I don't know if this is relevant, but I questioned his nationality once or twice. However I still think it is highly likely that he is in fact German. I'd hate to be "that guy," but from an American perspective, they both (maxis and richtofen) sound German. I wouldn't be able to recognize different German dialects or accents, so the fact that maxis may posess a different German accent than Edward would be beyond my perception. But you still get what I mean.

"What is it with Groph's obsession with American women, all they do is play games! No matter, time to charge up the Casimir Mechanism. Carry the one..." - quest_step5_14 - Edward Richtofen in Big Bang Theory Easter Egg
Richtofen actually says it about Groph, not Dr. Maxis.

Dr. Maxis doesn't (static) any Americans at Group 935, no matter how much genius they have. Stupid Americans with their... Apple pies and baseball and children, but I digress.

Richtofen clearly has something against Americans, likely due to the war. He says that all American women do is play games, which I'm not sure how he would know that. We know that Maxis and Sophia had a slight liking for each other beyond professional means, but the excerpt from the Call of the Dead radio I quoted above suggests that Maxis doesn't like Americans either, so I don't think that Sophia is American. That begs how Richtofen knows American women play games, or how/why Groph is obsessed with them.

#8 MurderMachineX

MurderMachineX
  • Members
  • Takeo

• 5,694 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 00:59 AM

The PA system for Griffin Station had an American accent. That's probably why Richtofen brought up. Kinda like saying "Really Groph? You had to give it an AMERICAN accent?"

#9 Tac

Tac
  • Members
  • Agarthan Zombie

• 3,600 posts

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

Posted Image
Like I said, Ludvig is Scandinavian and this image is in Der Riese and Kino. Along with the quote, I feel relatively okay saying he's not German.

EDIT: http://www.callofdut... ... originally)-a-Nazi-or-even-German-organization

#10 MurderMachineX

MurderMachineX
  • Members
  • Takeo

• 5,694 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Posted Image
Like I said, Ludvig is Scandinavian and this image is in Der Riese and Kino. Along with the quote, I feel relatively okay saying he's not German.

CIA files state Ludwig. Maxis's first name is Ludvig, also spelled Ludwig, just like Gersch's name is also spelled Gersh. I think Maxis is German. However if you want to delve into his heritage, I think it is likely he might technically be part Scandinavian. But he lived in Germany and worked for Germans and had what seems like to most players as a German accent.

#11 PINNAZ

PINNAZ
  • Donors

• "Him"

• 1,807 posts
  • LocationAustralia Mate

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

A Technical discussion that will probably never be solved!

#12 Tac

Tac
  • Members
  • Agarthan Zombie

• 3,600 posts

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

I edited my post above with the original link to the first thread on this. As for the terminal, I have looked through them and can't tell for certain if they say Ludvig or Ludwig, even with my HD flat screen I couldn't even tell for sure. Just my thoughts, at least.

#13 MurderMachineX

MurderMachineX
  • Members
  • Takeo

• 5,694 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I edited my post above with the original link to the first thread on this. As for the terminal, I have looked through them and can't tell for certain if they say Ludvig or Ludwig, even with my HD flat screen I couldn't even tell for sure. Just my thoughts, at least.

I transcribed it myself on my 67 inch HD flat screen TV. I'm certain they are W's. I can understand the difficulty, but you'll just have to trust me.

#14 Tac

Tac
  • Members
  • Agarthan Zombie

• 3,600 posts

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

I transcribed it myself on my 67 inch HD flat screen TV. I'm certain they are W's. I can understand the difficulty, but you'll just have to trust me.

Considering mine is only 52, I will trust you :)

#15 MurderMachineX

MurderMachineX
  • Members
  • Takeo

• 5,694 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Considering mine is only 52, I will trust you :)

Thank you. I appreciate that. I realize the V's look a lot like W's, but I was able to look at the W in Ludwig and see the differences between that and the V in Vozrozdeniya. You can just barely see the little bump that indicates a W.

#16 WretchedDamage

WretchedDamage
  • Members
  • Zombie

• 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

He is German, WaW der reise radio's

Posted Image
Kino Der Toten - 30
Five - 23
Nacht Der Toten - 22
Verruckt - 25
Der Riese - 43
Ascension - 38
Call of the Dead - 30
Shangri-La - 32
Moon - 14

#17 Tac

Tac
  • Members
  • Agarthan Zombie

• 3,600 posts

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Yeah I was looking It and saw the bump, but couldn't tell if it was due to pixelation or if it was indeed a bump.

So why do you think there is the inconsistency?

#18 MegaAfroMan

MegaAfroMan
  • Donors

• "Him"

• 1,945 posts
  • LocationSheboygan, WI. USA
  • Highest Rnd:60 Origins
  • WaW Fav Map:Der Riese
  • BO's Fav Map:Kino Der Toten
  • Xbox:MegaAfroMan

CoDz Awards:

View Members Medals

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

He is German, WaW der reise radio's

If you notice in the speech Maxis gives, I'm pretty sure he mentions that the researchers are from varied nationalities. I could be wrong though.

Once a lurker, always a lurker. Feel free to talk, anytime.

#19 MurderMachineX

MurderMachineX
  • Members
  • Takeo

• 5,694 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Yeah I was looking It and saw the bump, but couldn't tell if it was due to pixelation or if it was indeed a bump.

So why do you think there is the inconsistency?

With some names, especially foreign names, there is more than one way to spell them. At least, that's the mannerful way to explain Treyarch's spelling errors.

@MegaAfroMan: You are correct.

#20 WretchedDamage

WretchedDamage
  • Members
  • Zombie

• 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

"Gentlemen, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race. You represent the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind. In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy. No one is to know what you do, where you work, what our research has discovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute. In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifest get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now. A new dawn is beginning for mankind."
— Maxis

Again, maxis is German, Samantha is his daughter and she is German as well

"Sophia, this letter is to go to the Reichstag High Command immediately. Gentlemen, it is with the utmost urgency that I draw your attention to the lack of funding being injected into The Giant project. While I believe we are close to realizing the ultimate plan, we still have several years of development before it is ready. It would be folly to cut our expenditure so early in our development. As you know, early tests on the DG-2 have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has however come to a standstill. We simply do not have enough Element 115 to continue the experiments. The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled. If we are to overcome this obstacle we need to increase the frequency and size of the experiment. To this end, I suggest we find not only a regular supply of 115, but that we also find a larger conduit to channel the energy. Our operatives in America have informed us that the US have a large supply of the element at the Nevada base, so time is of the essence if we are to stay ahead of them. This cannot be done if you cut the budget, nor can it be done if you insist on pressuring us into action before we are ready. I am of course available for discussion of the matter but in the meantime, I will continue with the work here and try to win this damned war. Signed etc. etc. Doctor Maxis."
— Dr. Maxis

Clearly he Is German.

Posted Image
Kino Der Toten - 30
Five - 23
Nacht Der Toten - 22
Verruckt - 25
Der Riese - 43
Ascension - 38
Call of the Dead - 30
Shangri-La - 32
Moon - 14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Call of Duty™ is a registered trademark of Activision®, the Zombie game mode is made by Treyarch® - callofdutyzombies.com is not affiliated with either of these brands, nor do we suggest otherwise.

Forum skin designed by Hells Warrrior