• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyCookies

KrazyCookies

• Napalm Zombie

• 918 posts
  • Joined 13-August 10

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Based on Telixion's tweet: "TACITUS is also the name of a crater on the moon. My guess with how it could be COD related is they are positioning weapons on the moon."
I believe there's more behind Tacitus and relating to the moon.

Eclipse Multi

First, when the leaks started happening this one particular picture stood out:

Posted Image

It gained a little ground in making people think the next CoD would be named CoD Eclipse.

Total Solar Eclipse

MrRoflWaffles found out there is a Total Solar Eclipse happening on the 2nd Tuesday of Nov. (Nov. 13th) which happens to be the projected release date of Black Ops 2.

h73I8O50uhw

Tacitus

And now comes Tacitus: http://en.wikipedia....Tacitus_(crater)

Tacitus is a lunar impact crater located to the northwest of the crater Catharina, at the northern extension of the Rupes Altai ridge line. Directly west is the crater Almanon, and to the northeast is Cyrillus. To the southeast of Tacitus is a long chain of craters named the Catena Abulfeda. This chain runs to the northwest from the eastern edge of the Rupes Altai, continuing for over 200 kilometers.

Now what do all 3 of these share in common? The Moon!

This is where my theory comes into play. On the zombies map Moon we don't know the exact location of Griffin Station. But with all these clues relating to the moon can give us an idea of where Griffin Station is located and how Tacitus plays into the story. So I went on Google Earth and searched for Tacitus and found exactly what the wiki page described. Below in the picture I've boxed both the Tacitus crater and the Rupes Altai ridge line.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The ridge line heads directly into the Tacitus crater, which if you remember from "Moon", The rockets that launched to Earth were located in a ridge line, which matches Rupes Altai's ridge line heading to Tacitus.

Rupes Altai: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Rupes_Altai

Rupes Altai is an escarpment in the lunar surface that is located in the southeastern quadrant of the Moon's near side.[1] It is named for the Altai Mountains in Asia, and is the most prominent lunar escarpment.[2] The selenographic coordinates of this feature are 24.3°S 22.6°E, and it has a length of about 427 km.
The southeastern end of the cliff terminates along the western edge of the crater Piccolomini. It then arcs irregularly towards the north, climbing to heights of nearly a kilometer. The northern end of the arc is an irregular region with no clearly defined terminus, where it brackets the prominent craters Theophilus, Cyrillus, and Catharina. This cliff forms the southwestern rim of the Nectaris impact basin.

Posted Image

From this we can conclude somewhere in the vicinity of Rupes Altai and the Tacitus crater lies Griffin Station. What does this mean now?

We don't know what is going to happen to our crew may it be they stay on the Moon or head back to the Earth. But if we do know the Nazi's experimented over various locations (Der Riese, Kino, Moon, Shangri La, etc.) you can best guess they had to of had multiple stations located on the moon. Tacitus could as well be a hidden base/station inside the Tacitus crater. If my predictions of the location of Griffin Station come to be true, the location of Tacitus Station could be close by but hidden.

Also just found out Tacitus' definition is: Silent

This could mean of 2 things...

1. Providing more evidence towards the moon theory because you really can't hear much in space so it's silent, and that IF there is a Tacitus base it's hidden or silent
2. Or it could be foreshadowing a future towards Takeo, the silent one. Will he stand up, do something we wont expect?

Thanks to Kingsly Zzissou he's pointed out the loading screen for Moon shows out characters walking down a ravine and a crater. And from what we know on the map Moon you don't start off walking down a ravine to the station, or is a crater anywhere near the station. Instead you start off at Area 51 and teleport to Moon, from there you are at Griffin Station. Now this piece from the loading screen further proves the next map will indeed be located inside the Tacitus crater on the moon. What I can guess is the crew heads up the ravine until they reach the crater, specifically the Tacitus one, finding a hidden base inside.

Posted Image

#2 MyLittleHellhound

MyLittleHellhound

• Agarthan Zombie

• 3505 posts
  • Joined 05-January 11
  • LocationSlaver's Bay, accompanying my Queen.
  • Xbox:MyLiLHellhound
  • Steam:kerriganrules115

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

LOOK WHO'S BACK!

:P

Great comeback theory Krazy, sounds fairly solid to me

emilia-clarke-as-daenerys-targaryen-in-g

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#3 ZombiesQUANTUM

ZombiesQUANTUM

• Denizen

• 198 posts
  • Joined 21-April 12

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

I think this is solid, but many zombie fans hated moon. On gameinformer when Rezurrection came out there was a pole. People voted Moon to be 2nd to last out of 7 options. Last was dead ops arcade.
ZOMBIES4EVERRounds Survived:Natch Der Untoten:17Verruct:19Shi No Numa:35Der Riese:38Kino Der Toten:43Five:28(Solo)Dead Ops Arcade:N/AAscension:32Call of The Dead:27Shangri-La:22Moon:28No Man's Land: 16 Minutes

#4 AlphaSnake

AlphaSnake
  • Hall of Fame

• Director

• 2248 posts
  • Joined 21-June 10
  • LocationAt the beginning
  • PSN:Alpha13snake

Donator

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

I like this.

Not bad at all.

I wonder what Alex Collier would have to say about all this.

Also... Could the Tacitus crater be where the temple from shangri-La ended up?

We know that it is not located in the Moon map we have seen so far.

You right in thinking that they would not put all their eggs in one basket, they would have other outposts on the Moon.

There could be many more artifacts on the Lunar surface & below. Let's not forget that if Earth is Hollow, then so would the other Planets & Moons follow this trend.

The Moon is said to be an Alien space station that was parked in our orbit eons ago.

Alex talks about how the Moon is covered with destroyed domes & bases, some Human controlled & other Alien, few are jointly controlled.

We have to remember we now have Moon (Monsters) Zombies, so this sets the tone for some crazy epic shit.

Regards Alpha.

Clicky>>>The Nazi Zombies Chronicles<<<Clicky
Dragon_Backing.png
Alpha Team, One Shot, Three Kills

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#5 ZombiesQUANTUM

ZombiesQUANTUM

• Denizen

• 198 posts
  • Joined 21-April 12

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

I like this.

Not bad at all.

You right in thinking that they would not put all their eggs in one basket, they would have other outposts on the Moon.

There could be many more artifacts on the Lunar surface & below. Let's not forget that if Earth is Hollow, then so would the other Planets & Moons follow this trend.

The Moon is said to be an Alien space station that was parked in our orbit eons ago.

Alex talks about how the Moon is covered with destroyed domes & bases, some Human controlled & other Alien, few are jointly controlled.

We have to remember we now have Moon (Monsters) Zombies, so this sets the tone for some crazy epic shit.

Regards Alpha.

No no no. moon was the worst map ever.
ZOMBIES4EVERRounds Survived:Natch Der Untoten:17Verruct:19Shi No Numa:35Der Riese:38Kino Der Toten:43Five:28(Solo)Dead Ops Arcade:N/AAscension:32Call of The Dead:27Shangri-La:22Moon:28No Man's Land: 16 Minutes

#6 Ehjookayted

Ehjookayted
  • Moderators

• Director

• 2080 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
  • LocationWashington, DC
  • Steam:eyecntspel
  • PSN:eyecntspel

Steam Profile

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

I like this.

Not bad at all.

Regards Alpha.

No no no. moon was the worst map ever.

That is a subjective statement. Would you please like to quantify that response with an objective opinion as it directly relates to the advancement of the storyline?

Anyway, great stuff Cookies, I think you're on to something here. Didn't read through all of it yet, but it's a solid way to come back for sure.

~No Man's Land: 345 Kills~

~The Complete Ehjookayted Legacy~

6743613969_065f2e7b18.jpg
6607972427_8c262e5070.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#7 BlindBusDrivr

BlindBusDrivr

• Ghost Lady

• 1116 posts
  • Joined 10-March 11

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

I like this.

Not bad at all.

Regards Alpha.

Posted Image
Posted Image
"A man chooses...a slave obeys." -Andrew Ryangt:BlindBusDrivrSkype: nick121896The Ultimate Conclusion

#8 KrazyCookies

KrazyCookies

• Napalm Zombie

• 918 posts
  • Joined 13-August 10

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thanks guys! :)

Quite possibly, only if can go there we could know.

Maybe the Tacitus base was of the few jointly controlled... no one knows what could be hiding in the craters.

Wow BusDrivr! That's a great find, what map is this on?

#9 Faust

Faust

• Director

• 2027 posts
  • Joined 03-April 10

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

The double meanings towards zombies is the key to everything, but we must remember that GKnova6 did not directly relate to zombies out of the gate. Consider that tacitus relates to being silent. IE, classified. ;)

Posted Image

#10 AlphaSnake

AlphaSnake
  • Hall of Fame

• Director

• 2248 posts
  • Joined 21-June 10
  • LocationAt the beginning
  • PSN:Alpha13snake

Donator

Posted 25 April 2012 - 13:55 PM

Actually faust I think it did...

The first transmission was about particle acceleration.

lQ0jBkIhKfw

Back to the note found in Der Riese;

Posted Image

This is describing the process seen in the GK transmission above.

They used this method to create small amounts of element 115.

I'm not taking a dig matey, just saying is all.

I for one will take what FPSRussia said to be hard evidence of a return for zombies.

Treyarch probably gave FPS a script to follow.

They probably told him what Tags to add to the video.

Besides we knew that Zombies were coming back anyways.

Only new members believe that Zombies died with the end Black Ops.

Not having a pop at the new people either.

Regards Alpha.

Clicky>>>The Nazi Zombies Chronicles<<<Clicky
Dragon_Backing.png
Alpha Team, One Shot, Three Kills

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#11 ZombicidalManiac

ZombicidalManiac

• Hellhound

• 747 posts
  • Joined 21-April 11

Posted 25 April 2012 - 15:49 PM

Oh yea, I'm loving this stuff. I remember when Black Ops zombies was new and all that "luna" stuff was coming around. Theories went off the deep end. And even some theories were that Treyarch may add other elements to zombies. One was that they would soon add aliens. That always worried me because I think it would ruin zombies for me. But with all this "space" talk, it seems that it may very well be in the cards. I will admit that Moon was one of my least favorite maps so I'm hoping we can take our characters back to earth. As far as Richtofen goes, he's got Samantha's soul in him now so Im assuming we'll start where we left off in BO. Treyarch never really let us down though, and they know how we think. I don't think we'll be disapointed when BO2 comes out. Especially the zombies part of it. But if Treyarch does listen to us (which we all know they do) then we may see a zombie campaign too. I don't know how it would work, but like I said...Treyarch never lets us down so Im sure it will be awesome.
DIE YOU ZOMBIE BASTARDS!!!!!

#12 killallzombies

killallzombies

• Director

• 2132 posts
  • Joined 26-June 11

Posted 25 April 2012 - 15:59 PM

was I the only one to give him a [brains]

this theory is as solid as they come
You can call me Uncle K.A.Z, everyone on here doesMy Claims to FameThe Gate of the Gods,And the Real Life Gerche Device CoDz FAQThe Wii Sound File: The Zombies Story Relation to China(This ^ is were I predicted the Die Rise map a year before it came out)The Great Leap Forward(I assisted in its creation)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#13 seven2heven

seven2heven

• Zombie

• 48 posts
  • Joined 01-September 11

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:19 PM

was I the only one to give him a [brains]

this theory is as solid as they come

no ur not ^^ and that was not just solid but also epic, great post keep em coming!
Just Another Human Who Can't Play Zombies Well :PPosted Image

#14 KrazyCookies

KrazyCookies

• Napalm Zombie

• 918 posts
  • Joined 13-August 10

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:30 PM

Oh yea, I'm loving this stuff. I remember when Black Ops zombies was new and all that "luna" stuff was coming around. Theories went off the deep end. And even some theories were that Treyarch may add other elements to zombies. One was that they would soon add aliens. That always worried me because I think it would ruin zombies for me. But with all this "space" talk, it seems that it may very well be in the cards. I will admit that Moon was one of my least favorite maps so I'm hoping we can take our characters back to earth. As far as Richtofen goes, he's got Samantha's soul in him now so Im assuming we'll start where we left off in BO. Treyarch never really let us down though, and they know how we think. I don't think we'll be disapointed when BO2 comes out. Especially the zombies part of it. But if Treyarch does listen to us (which we all know they do) then we may see a zombie campaign too. I don't know how it would work, but like I said...Treyarch never lets us down so Im sure it will be awesome.

I know Treyarch wouldn't use a same area for a new map so if they do return to the moon and into the Tacitus crater, it would most likely inside a base and not outside at all.

And thank you to those who gave brains :D greatly appreciated.

And is there a reason why this thread now has like 700+ views? because it was only at like 150 this morning, Lol, I'm at school ATM and once I get home I'll respond. [brains]

#15 Canaduuh

Canaduuh

• Human

• 1 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:13 PM

Okay so watched FPS Russia's video

1) he clearly says this is a prototype and IS AT LEAST A DECADE AWAY.

2) He says thank you to his buddy "Yuri" for letting him use his ride. Connection to Yuri from MW3?.

#16 Matuzz

Matuzz

• "Him"

• 1840 posts
  • Joined 29-October 10
  • Steam:Matuzz
  • PSN:matuzz93

Steam Profile

Posted 25 April 2012 - 19:49 PM

Okay so watched FPS Russia's video

1) he clearly says this is a prototype and IS AT LEAST A DECADE AWAY.

2) He says thank you to his buddy "Yuri" for letting him use his ride. Connection to Yuri from MW3?.

No, Infinity Ward makes Modern Warfare series not 3ARC.
And I still think people are looking too much into things.

He tanks his friend Yuri for letting him use his ride (the care he blows up)
Yuri being common Russian name, he is just being in the role of Dimitri himself like in his other videos.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#17 MrRoflWaffles

MrRoflWaffles
  • Affiliates

• Ghost Lady

• 1024 posts
  • Joined 29-September 10

Posted 25 April 2012 - 22:56 PM

I for one will take what FPSRussia said to be hard evidence of a return for zombies.

Treyarch probably gave FPS a script to follow.

They probably told him what Tags to add to the video.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They definitely told him what to say. 99.999% sure.

Also, for those of you that think that zombies will not return, consider the following:

-Zombies is one of the most liked parts of the CoD franchise.
-The storyline is not yet over. Takeo's moon quote says it all, even if it is a figure of speech.

Click here for my channel:
[color=#BFFFFF;]MrRoflWaffles[/color]

#18 Whipidhinio

Whipidhinio

• Human

• 23 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Im not really deep in the knowledge of the Zombies storyline, I have played since the very beginning, but never knew too much about the background with Richtofen etc.

However could someone confirm wether or not the Zombies are confined to the moon? I got the impression that when you did the Moon easter egg by blowing up Earth's atmosphere that the zombies were wiped off the Earth? If that is true would that help your moon theory or not?

#19 KrazyCookies

KrazyCookies

• Napalm Zombie

• 918 posts
  • Joined 13-August 10

Posted 28 April 2012 - 23:34 PM

When traveling back to Earth after the rockets hit the zombies still are alive at Area 51, I don't believe we know where exactly the rockets hit (correct me if I'm wrong) but I might have an idea of where the rockets hit.

#20 kingsly zzissou

kingsly zzissou

• Gas Zombie

• 126 posts
  • Joined 29-June 12

Posted 05 July 2012 - 21:51 PM

this thread is AWESOME. I know I'm a little late to the party here lol. I feel this thread should also be in the zombies category!

so is this part of the Tacitus ravine?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Call of Duty™ is a registered trademark of Activision®, the Zombie game mode is made by Treyarch® - callofdutyzombies.com is not affiliated with either of these brands, nor do we suggest otherwise.

Forum skin designed by Hells Warrrior